Forum home Babies Baby

help please!! do they think im hurting my baby????????

my 6month old has been having nose bleeds since 2wks old and purple rashes on his legs since 3months old. the nose bleeds are not all that regular, but the purple rashes are. i have seen many doctors, hes had blood tests... full blood counts and all normal. i pushed and pushed and eventually got a hospital app with pediatrics. the doctor at the hospital was lovely and took a look at his purple dots on his legs and was trying to figure out a cause such a trauma... asking if he has a jumperoo... i said yes but he only got it last week... asking if hes strapped in tightly in a highchair or bouncy chair... or baby carrier. i said no we dont have a baby carrier, we dont strap him in his high chair as there is no need, hes very secure in there without the straps until he starts standing up which is a way off yet. so she said she didnt know how they could be caused or the nose bleeds but thinks its a clotting disorder and ordered blood tests, we went into another room and they drew blood from his arm, then she said she would call me later on that day with some results but not all the results.... we went home and as i took my sons coat off i noticed purple dots on his arm near where the blood was drew. when she called me later to tell me the results so far are normal i told her there are purple dots on his arm near where the blood was took..... she said the nurses held his arm very tightly to take blood... and this is very useful to know. i said ok and she said she would call me later in the week with the rest of the results.... now i have been thinking..... since she doesnt know where these small purple dots which are bleeding under the skin like a bruise have came from.... but they appeared after her nurse held my sons arm very tightly... does she now think i have been hurting my sons legs and thats why these purple dots keep popping up??? im so scared she might think this????

Replies

• Try not to worry Hun they're just looking in to all options I suspect the fact they now know the dots can be caused by pressure tells them a little more about what it is, I dont think they're accusing u of anything chick. I can understand how u feel tho, my dd fell asleep with her arm on the radiator as I stupidly put her cot too close to it, she ended up with a 2nd degree burn I had to have Diana nurses round every 2 days to dress it and they had to inform social services But they knew it wasn't anything I had done and nothing came of it. I still get hounded now, had to have hv round my house for her 2 year check I wasn't allowed to bring her to the clinic. and now have to be visited at home by a hv before my 2nd baby is born all because I was a victim of a one off domestic violence over 3 years ago and had to have a report done by social services on my house and my parenting abilities even tho i was the victim! Try not to worry Hun they just trying to find out the cause And u know it's nothing u have done x

• that must be awful for you dragging it on this long! they should let it all go.

the cudnt have held his arm with that much force though... no more force or pressure than i pick him up with. even tho i have 3 children, and i have never done anything different with any of them and my older two have never had purple dots. the dots are really small, 2mm.... so its not like they are huge bruises. i hope they dont think i have done something or my partner has done something to him, surly if i had have hurt him though bruises would be big... not tiny 2mm dots all over?

• You've not hurt him chick n there's no other reason they have to believe that he's never had any injuries or anything like that. And they wouldn't have held him that hard no, maybe he's got super sensitive skin and all sorts of stuff triggers this off. You know like perfumes creams etc, if they've been wearing something that triggered it. I just hope they find out soon so you can have some peace of mind it must be terrible x

• well only two purple spots 2mm big ever popped up on his arm. so if hes getting over 100 at a time on his legs, and it was caused by pressure then it must be some serious pressure lol so im sure by now they dont actually think its by me or anything i could have done accidentally such as putting a nappy on too tight, which i know i havent done. and also if i had of done something to him, i wouldnt go this far to for blood tests and everything else... surly someone who was hurting their child would try to hide it. i think im just paranoid lol, it must be all the stress lol. she did say she would call me later in the week, and no call yet, but hey ho its friday so i would expect she should call today with some answers but iv read that some of the tests they are doing can take 2 weeks for results! image x

• Bless you Hun hope you get some answers soon xx