Forum home Babies Baby

Wake ups

My son is nearly 6m and has slept through from approx 4m until about 2 weeks ago. He is now weaning and on 3 meals a day (porridge for breakfast, puree veg at dinner with fruit and a yoghurt and the same for tea). He goes down at 8pm and I give him a biottle at 10. Sometimes he takes it, other times he doesnt. Following advice of another member, when he was fussing at 4am last night (the wakes are usually between 3-4) I gave him a bottle and he had the full 6oz but wouldnt take the bottle I offered at 10. He has his tea at approx 6/630 as we dont get home til about 545.

Can anyone offer any advice on what we could do/change to see if it will help him sleep through once more?

Replies

• Hmmm, looking at your times, I think i'd try and bring bedtime forward to 7.30 - offering last milk there. I'd be tempted to offer a dream feed at 11pm to hopefully sustain until morning. I defo would drop the milk feed at this age though as three meals a day should be seeing him through - this might change once you start introducing protein. Maybe also once he starts getting some carbs too.

Just remember this - the best advice a friend gave me when i was expecting - everything is a phase, so it'll likely change soon enough anyhow, especially as at 6months old, there are huge developmental changes coming up and big milestones, which inevitably will have a knock on effect. Good luck!