Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jan 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

That was my thought plus my nearest cinema is on my doorstep and he was left with dad so I didn't worry at all. I think if it was someone else I would have lol 

i thought it was really good! Jamie Dornan is so yummy, I doubted him at first bit nobody could have made a better Christian lol 

• Options

Does anyone use pampers? Our wee guys been fine with them for two weeks but we're needing to strip him more because his clothes are a little damp. The nappy on the outside is dry - so ive thought it was a wee sweaty bum but it can't be. We've got lots of pampers and a don't know what to do now!

• Options

I use pampers essie. Not had that problem though. Strange that the nappies are dry yet he feels damp. Im guessing it's prob just heat which Can sometimes make them feel abit damp. 

• Options

I have had the same problem with Archie, his best and baby grow has been wet, I think we have figured out that it's when his willy has not been positioned properly and is facing fully down Lol. 

• Options

Ahh that might be why I'm not having that problem. Don't need to worry about willies haha! 

• Options

Lol, yes girls are far easier in that respect.

• Options

Essie, make sure willy his always pointing down as you fold nappy up xx

• Options

Harpers lovely gift arrived today thank you madeformums! I will post a little pic once she wakens up image

quite worried about harpers skin, her face seems to be coming out in spots/rash it looks a bit like eczema but it's only on her face. went to the pharmacist and he gave me e45 but then the health visitor said not to use that on her so I know confused as to what to do it's quite rough to touch and sore looking image then went to another pharmacist and she said not to put anything on it but I can't just leave it just want to make it better because her wee face and eyebrows look sore image x

• Options

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84416.jpg

still a little big but she will grow into them image x
  • Options

Cher we got epiderm for dry skin, did the health visitor not advise what to use? Our wee guys skins a bit the same and he has some wee spots on his belly. I'm going to bring it up on Friday I'll let u know what she says. 

Jo it's always down by default luckily so no idea what's goinf on. We've went up to a size 2 temporarily to c if that helps. If it was sweat surely it would be his full wee bum? image it's frustrating during the night changing his clothes because he screams the place down since he's a grump at night

• Options

Got asda's little angel nappies and so far so good. I'll try the pampers again in few days to see if maybe it's been a fluke

how much are your formula ladies feeding? My wee guy is draining 4oz and the health visitor says not to increase until he's draining 5 out of 6 but I feel like she may tell me off if I say he is on 5oz? Baring in mind he's only 16 days old

• Options

Thanks very much MadeForMums for the shoes they are gorgeous! Will post a picture if I can but I seem to have problems posting pictures on here. 

Enjoying a day with hubby and Maddie today - hubby has his first day off in ages! Going to see some family soon which will be nice. Thought I would go stir crazy being on my own and stuck at home when Maddie came but I think I go out and do more things now than I used to!

Sorry I am no help with the teats as I have no experience using them really. Have briefly tried the one that came with my breast pump but I know they say you shouldn't use them if you're breastfeeding. We use the infant feeding cup for any top ups (as asked to by the midwives).

• Options

We use Pampers nappies - we like them so far. Although we find the same thing...she feels sort of damp but her clothes aren't actually wet. We've tried Little Ones (the Sainsbury's nappies) but found they leaked. We'll be trying the Asda ones next as we've heard they are good and half the price of Pampers. Would be great to be on some cheaper ones if they are just as good!

• Options

Hi everyone, hope everyone has had their shoes now?
    Cher - have you tried olive oil or coconut oil on Harpers skin? Hope you're all doing well x

• Options

Grace is taking 4-5oz and she is now 25 days old. Hv wasn't worried at day 11 when I told her she was on 4oz and didn't tell me not to increase. At the end of the day if he drains the bottle and wants more you have to let him have it. I wouldn't worry about the hv's (they get in my nerves to be honest I'm not a fan)! Everytime my hv comes she asks me 1000 times if I'm ok and am I sure I'm coping! I've never been happier I have such an easy baby to look after which is a bonus and I just wanna tell her to buggar off And stop asking me! 

ive gone through a ridiculous anount of nappies so far. We buy the boxes of 74 each time and so far (day 25) ive used 3 boxes! That's 222 nappies! Does that seem excessive? I might try the asda ones if they are half the price lol! 

• Options

I'd say 10 nappies a day seems about right Kara, we use pampers and some little angels which are good to be fair, I just stock up in pampers when they are on offer on amazon! My friend swears by the kiddicare just 4 bums nappies. 

I find my health visitor annoying too, only seen her once fortunately, but she is due tomorrow. She asks the most annoying questions. 

• Options

Well ive started on the asda ones and have had no leaks so far! Thank goodness. I think it was £3 for 45 or something! 

My Hv is very hyperactive and very very chatty. Ive only saw her once and apart from her excessive chatting she seems nice - hope she stays that way! Lol she said they wouldn't touch on pnd until the 6-8 week mark unless I felt down ect

alex r u changing her every time she's damp? We have been which is frustrating especially when it would dry in minutes! 

im reading my physiotherapy booklet and it says I shouldn't lift my pram for 2/3 months. Is that not a bit excessive?? That means I'm housebound while OH is at work unless someone else is with me! 

• Options

Essie it's your baby not the health visitors, if you want to give your baby 5oz of milk just do it, i really dislike how they make you feel like that. Mine winked at me in front of my partner when she said if I needed to talk to her about feelings etc! I think they can sometimes intrude....

• Options

No shoes here yet Danielle.

• Options

They try and imply every baby is the same but they are not. If my baby is hungry she can have as much as she likes. My health visitor is coming again soon as I'm not driving to go to a clinic to have baby weighed, altho I am driving now but not telling her she will only moan!