Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jan 15 Babies

Replies

• Hi thehoads, we'll look into that for you pronto.

• I think I'm just sensitive Jo and wanting to avoid that. that being said if he needs 5oz my little hungry man will be getting 5oz

• I totally agree Kara. When the mums tell us to do things and I'm like oh not allowed - well, it done us no harm did it! 

How u finding driving? How many weeks has that been?

• Ive been driving since Monday so that's 3 weeks. Only short journeys no more than 20-30 mins at a time. It's been fine I'm in no pain at all and wouldn't of done it if I did. It's lovely to jump in car with baby now, I feel free lol! I was going crazy in the house and as we live in a little village there was only so many places u can walk with pram lol

• Good for you. I was saying to the hv today I don't even think I'll drive after 6 weeks. I'm paranoid and terrified of my wound. If I ever feel anything different I panic it's burst. I'm constantly asking my Oh to check it for me. 

I know I'll feel different soon (I hope anyway) but I'm still at the scared stage. 

• Yeh perhaps being a nurse I don't worry about it as much. I've got a slighy open area that I noticed a few days ago. I've got my dressing bag out and dressed it myself. Should be healed in a few days lol

brought some asda nappies today. Haven't tried them yet but well impressed with the price!

• The only thing with asda ones I have noticed is that the sizes are slightly smaller. She is Deffo too big for asda size 1 but still fits in pampers size 1 albeit not for much longer!! 

• Noticed that too bumble I dont think he'll have much left in asda 1's but pampers 2's are huge. 

oh that's my worse nightmare kara has that only just happened??

• When Maddie feels damp but her nappy is still clean I sometimes just strip her down to her nappy and have some cuddles while the clothes dry out (it only takes a few minutes usually). It depends how long she has been wearing them and if they feel particularly damp.

I also noticed in my leaflets from the hospital it says I'm not supposed to lift anything for a while but I just carry on as usual. I know it's different for you Essie as you had a c section. I'd go mad if I couldn't go out and about!

We just went and bought some Asda nappies but we bought the size 1 as I thought they'd be about the same size as Pampers. Better use those up first if they're smaller then!

• I'll have to use the asda ones first too then. I havent opened them yet!

Tried out our sling today. Grace loves it and is fast asleep. Have done some cleaning and sterilized the bottles already lol! 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84551.jpg

• That looks fab kara. I really want to get one to try out! 

I may try that Alex - we've got lots of pampers to use up! 

Weve just done our first big day out in to the city centre. My legs ache at the joints, it's probably been weeks since I've walked that far but our wee guy was oh so good. It was also the first time we had him out where we'd have to feed him (except my mums) chuffed as well that I got out and got lots of fresh air xx

• I love our sling!!! So comfy and Holly loves it, the school run is so much easier with it. 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84557.jpg

Well done on your outing essie, there will be no stopping you now image 

• Madeformums- yeah I tried olive oil but it didn't make much of a diffetence and as I was getting told different things from the pharmacists I decided to take her to the doctors and they have have me a moisturiser for her skin round her face and canasten for her eyebrows, her eyebrows seem to be getting better they just look like a scab now which is a good sign as the cream is working. Although it doesn't bother her I get really worried so easily. 

Had as everyone had there newborns photoshoot done now? I have harper for another photoshoot last week but she's still not keen as she hates being naked lol poor wee soul mummy just wants some nice photos to cherish x

• Ive not even thought about pics yet. I always take some of my own but I really should get him booked in before he gets any bigger xx

• In want some professional pics too but she hates being cold! 

• Bounty did some for us while we was in hospital and we can buy them online if we wish. 

Here is one of them. Haven't brougly any yet it's quite expensive and we have a professional camera so can take good pics ourselves.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84566.jpg

• I refused the bounty photographer as I think it's really unethical to be making money out of women that have just given birth with over priced pics! However that pic is gorgeous Kara- well actually bubs is not the specific pic image 

• We got the bounty but he was having a dummy day and every time she took it out for a pic we got a petted lip ???????? 

thats the second time we've been to my OH's parents since the little one was born and he screamed his head off. I don't know if its coincidence but he's never screamed as much as he has in their house. Now we're home he's perfectly fine. Has anyone else had something similar? I don't know if it's because we don't have his beanbag to sleep on But he doesn't do it at my mums.

• My nephew does that essie. He is really unsettled anywhere but his own house. He seems to be growing out of it now at 5 months old. Either that or it is just a coincidence lol. Strange though.

• he was wide awake when we got home but settled at least. 

ive now got little red marks either side of my wound, it was really itchy yesterday and the pharmacist reassured me it was just the healing process. I'm hoping it's just a sweat rash or something but I'm waiting on my the health visitor calling back.

my mum said I can't just give birth I need to follow it up with problems lol