Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jan 15 Babies

Replies

• He ended up not going, my mum wasn't feeling great.

so would I just substitute a bottle at night for hungry baby then?

• Yeh I give grace her first hungry milk at 10pm then around 11.30pm when she wants a top up I give another 1-2oz of hungry milk again. We have just woke up at 6.30 so she did 6.5hrs again. she will have normal milk all day til bedtime again x

• I'll look into it. 

We had another bad night he was awake from 11 at his last bottle, he then started wanting the dummy constantly so I tried another bottle at 1ish and he took 2oz. And fell asleep at 3ish! Woke up just before 5 where I gave him another bottle and after he fell asleep put him to bed where he woke up and this happened 4 Times even though he was in a deep sleep. Yet at his next 2 bottles he fell asleep mid feed he was that exhausted. 

i actually feel better today even though ive had much less sleep. Strange that...

• Could it be wind essie? Babies don't tend to keep waking from a deep asleep unless its wind. Does he pull his legs up towards him as that's a sign. 

• No he does sometimes not part with it but we tried acidic medicine which gets it up image

• That should read a colic medicine

• I'm not sure what else to suggest. Im sure he will settle soon and just keep reminding yourself this stage doesn't last too long and he will soon be sleeping overnight. 

• How's it going Essie? Are your nights any better?

What size nappies is everyone using? I'm off to buy size 3 this weekend as size 2 have leaked the last few nights as they're so full. I had a few size 3 left over from baby No2 so tried them on and they fit the little tubster. Will finish what size 2's i have left, during the day and then we'll be full time in size 3. Chloe will be 7 weeks tomorrow, she is growing so fast. 

• Oh my god 7 weeks!!

hes no better yet. Last night he was awake between 1-5 and the health visitor was coming so I had to get up for her and turns out she didn't even make it as she had an overrun social work meeting image she did phone though and she sounded surprised at how awake he was and basically asked if anyone could take him for me. Doesn't really help the problem but will do til Monday when we will discuss his "routine".

lucas is in size 1 but he needs a size 2 in asda nappies very soon. The pampers are still fine size 1 were between both so we can use the pampers up

• Holly is in size 2 pampers now, she will be 6 weeks on Sunday ???? slow down time.

essie Holly did that for a few weeks, she literally didn't settle to sleep until 3am and it was a killer but I promise you it will get easier x 

• Ha no she won't she will be 5 weeks! Sleep deprivation has kicked in lol 

• Grace will be 5 weeks tomorrow too. We are in size 1 and they are a little snug so I might open the 2's today actually! 

Did you try the hungry milk essie or did you decide not to? 

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84763.jpg

We are now on size3 nappies, can't believe Archie is 6 weeks tomorrow.

• Jo is that a little dinosaur shirt? lucas got lots of dinosaur gifts lol I think I recognise it. 

No I didn't try hungry baby only because he's not hungry. He's just nosey. I'm going to buy a projector today to see if that occupies him enough at night until he does sleep. 

Thankfully daddy got up on his first feed last night which is always the bad one and I think he appreciates how hard it's become - if not he will as the day goes on. he said he cried for two hours which i never get and he eventually put him in to his bed and he moaned himself to sleep. It's made me wonder if I'm too eager getting up with him but I don't want to disturb stu when he's up for work 

• How long are alk your littles sleeping at night? Think the longest stretch I get is just over 2 hours. 

Bumble that's reassuring! X

• I usually get one or two 4 hour stretches at night. Maddie takes about an hour to feed as she's pretty lazy with it but does often go straight to sleep after. She cries a lot during the day/evening to make up for it though. Although I think that might be the thrush - turns out she's had it for over 4 weeks and none of the midwives/health visitors recognised it image Feel so bad for her. Hoping the medicine will clear it up soon.

• Grace isn't hungry either Essie but it makes them feel fuller for longer so they go longer between sleeps. Like I say I don't do it in the day. Graxe feeds every 2-3 hours during the day. At night I get anywhere from 5-7 hours. Maybe buy a ready made one rather than powder so you can try it once and see how you go? 

Aww Jo Archie is so handsome! Size 3 nappies already wow!! Did you try th hungry milk jo? 

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84768.jpg

5 weeks tomorrow. Slow down time image

• I see what u mean ill do that then see how we go. 

Just dropped my wee guy off for his first sleepover. Not even home yet and I'm wondering if it's too early to text asking if he's ok. 

• Aww! Jo Kelly, Archie is a little cutie, he is going to be a heartbreaker!

Kara5, Grace is adorable, look at those big brown eyes!

Time really is flying isn't it!?

• https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/84771.jpg

Here's an update on my wee guy, he's this alert allll the time lol