Forum home Babies Baby

How do you keep your babies warm in the car

Aside from a Morrck what else can I use. A is 10 months and in the stage 1 car seat now. Im finding it hard the get blankets on her. Any ideas? I don't want a Morrck as I will need the biggest size and there isn't alot of choice.

Could I just cut a blanket?

Replies

• I'm probably being a bit thick as I can't imagine how you'd cut a blanket. We always just popped the blanket on top of M once she'd been strapped in and it meant once the car heated up she'd kick it off.

• I don't bother with anything in the car. We have a pretty good heater so she'd be far too warm with the heating on and some kind of blanket.

• Buy a big cheap fleece and cut holes for the straps x

• I made my own morrck using fleece and wadding, but if you just wanted one layer just cut a square of fleece to the size you want and then cut the holes where you need them for the straps. Fleece shouldn't fray so no sewing required.

• That's what I meant by cutting a blanket :-) for the straps to go through. I have a big fleece blanket I can use. Our car heater is good but takes a while to get going. Cheers ladies!