Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins

Replies

• Options

Well he is home in 3 sleeps can't wait to see him.  My belly has suddenly expanded work trousers are so tight now but boss goes away tomorrow so I'll get away with my jeans til I finish next week.  Moving in 16 days now can't wait.  Scan is in 3 weeks to find out flavours everyone is saying boy and girl gotta decide final names yet got boy and girl name sorted it's the extra name I'm stuck girls are done but boys we struggle to agree.  Was tempted to go same letter but changed my mind girls are Kayleigh olivia and Isabelle catherine boys Mathew james and I like Oliver Charles (James is dads middle name and Charles is papas name) just need to agree now.

anyway hope you are well and your three are growing good.

• Options

Morning Kayagh 

i have my 21 wk scan tomorrow. I feel like im going to pop sometimes especially after eating. hubby is now on 6 wk hols (hes a teacher). Bet u cant wait to see yours. Feeling breathless and all but wouldn't change having the 3 xx

• Options

Good luck for tomorrow bet you are making the most of having your hubby home.  The breathless thing is awful I have asthma and it's worse than I ever suffered midwife said it's the effect of the extra hormones The joys of multiples but wouldn't change it I still can't quite get my head around fact there's more than one it still feels surreal Like this kind of thing should just happen to others.

• Options

How did your appointment go on Tuesday

• Options

It was ok the antibody levels are very low at the moment so it's a case of monitoring them every 4 weeks to 28wk then 2 weeks til delivery babies will get blood tests at birth and could be jaindice but hopefully that's worst case and we don't need intrauterine transfusions but for now all ok. M

howe your 3 getting on I'm really showing now hard to believe I'm just coming up to 16 weeks.  Getting some stretching pains at night tho but happy to have the support of hubby now to get moved next week and relax 

• Options

How are you getting on flaxley hope your babies are well.  We just had our detailed scan both are growing well at the moment.

• Options

Hello kayagh. How was the house move. I have been busy myself the month of August as my younger brother got married and things have been very hectic indeed. Happily to say finally all over and now i can concentrate on myself. 

I am now 27 weeks and will be seeing the consultant next week to discuss when my little 3 will be coming. 

The detailed scan is amazing isn't it!!  How many weeks are you now. Im huge bet you are too. 

• Options

Sorry to butt in, but some of the girls in your December Birth Club were asking after you Flaxley - we're really glad to hear you're doing so well and wondered if you fancied sharing your trip belfie? We'd love to see your wonderful bump!

• Options

Ahh how sweet. Yes i will say hi and share a belfie :)

• Options

imageThis is me 2 weeks ago at 25 weeks. I look like im 8/9 mths pregnant to general public. :)

• Options

You look amazing! Fancy posting your wonderful belfie on this thread?

• Options

Wow flaxley you look fab For that far gone.  I feel huge people ask when I'm due and when I say Xmas new year they look puzzled easy explained when I then say it's twins.  Move has gone well very busy tho and hubby back to work next week started baby shopping too now.  I'll be 21 weeks this weekend so approx 16 to go And feeling unprepared still tho loads has been ordered now so getting there And picked up our minibus yesterday too.

im anaemic now which doesn't help the days when we are busy either and starting to find it hard getting comfortable But getting there and excited.

• Options

Hahaha Kayagh i get exactly the same when random people stop and ask me "you look ready to drop", then I explain its triplets and theyre shocked. 

I too am on iron tablets. Getting comfortable is impossible for me. With the pressure of my uterus and the 3 kicking me away it's impossible!! I get dizzy spells too and have blacked out few times aswel. 

hubbie went back to work today as school opened. 

majority shopping all complete just need to pack my hospital bag now.

• Options

Hi ladies I'm expecting twins 17 wks 4 days edd Feb 18 2016.imageI have two boys already 14 months and a 3 year old. I'm on high risk from suffering preeclemcia and having two csection on previous pregnancies. Don't know genger yet.

• Options

Hi babyhope. Welcome and Congratulations on your pregnancy with twins. What a beautiful 2 new addition to your beautiful family. 

how have u got on so far. Are you going to find out the gender? Im sure you will have many hospital visits and check ups. U can tell me all about your c section operations :) this is my first pregnancy with triplets do you have any twins in the family 

• Options

Hi Flaxley, yes im soo anxious to find out the gender, well with my first one I was diagnose with preeclemcia at 4 months and had more check ups plus anemic they schedule me to get induce how ever, my baby decide to start labor without getting induce after so many hours of labor and in pain, the baby decide to breach and ending on an emergency C-section. I thank god for that bc he was a big 9 lb 14oz baby at most 10lbs!! Dr could not believe how big he was he told me on my last check up it was going to be a 7 1/2 to 8 lb baby. Recovery only last two weeks after that I could move and walk with no pain and enjoy my baby.

13 months later I got pregnant again with my second baby it was a surprise baby we didn't find out until it was born. at 7 wks they told me I was going to miscarriage and found many fabroids cyst around uterus but a miracle at 20 wks scan there was nothing. and  because of previous csection they also schedule me a week before due date but again started later 3 days before schedule csection and he was faster I was happy that I wasn't goint to go thru labor pain but I was wrong lol another fast recovery

And now another 9 months later I found out I was pregnant lost a baby on march 15 I suffered a lot emocionally and only god knows what I was goin thru. two months later I found out bc of really bad nauseas at only 3 wks I thought it was not possible but dr told me I was either farther that 3 wks or with twins. on my 12 weeks check up i was just hoping to hear baby heart beat but for our surprice it was two heartbeat little fishes moving inside. Twins does run on my grandma side of family her, two aunts and my brother girlfriend had twins I thought I was out of the group lol but I was again wrong.

• Options

Hi ladies,,, I found out yesterday im having a boy and a girl!! im so excited!!

• Options

Awww how lovely a boy and a girl. Im having 2 girls and a boy. 

I will be told on October 1st when my c section will be but its around 20-27 october, so i dont have much time left. 

Tomorrow is my glucose test which im not looking forward too i just hope its all good otherwise if i have developed diabetes i need to be admitted into hospital for a week  to be monitored before my c section so i can be given steroids.

You will all be given steroids aswell as helps babies with their breathing prematurely born.

Wish me luck.. :)

• Options

Good luck flaxley.  I have my gtt on the 9th oct not looking forward to it.  You really haven't got long left but you are doing amazing tho how many weeks are you now.  No one has said about steroids but I have loads of questions I see my consultant on Monday for a scan and more antibody blood tests.  I want to find out if our maternity unit has private rooms and whether twins guarantees one or if there's an option to pay I would just rather like privacy and less pressure while trying to breastfeed them both also I do know our unit allows dads to stay overnight I'll be making use if him being there.  I want to know what happens come 37 weeks as that's Boxing Day and how will holidays effect us being induced or section etc. . 

Congrats babyhope we are boy girl twins too I'm so excited. 

• Options

Thanks Girls!!

Flaxley, how many weeks are you going to be around the time for csection?

Kayagh, is in it excited to have a little couple?