Forum home Babies Baby

Twins

Replies

• Morning ladies

im here having my GTT at the hospital and just had the drink and a blood test now i need to wait 2 hours then another blood test.

i was told the steroids are given because the babies being prematurely born it will help them develop their lungs.

i am now now 30 weeks and c section will be booked in weeks 34-35.

kayagh, i ask my consultant all the same question you have but they dont have any answers and i get told something different every time. They dont even know themselve, so it annoys me surely they must have some arrangements!!

• The drink is lovely isn't it I had it last pregnancy as my middle babe was 9lb 8oz at two weeks early.  Not looking forward to it Being my turn. 

Im im hoping I get some answers flaxley as it would put my mind at ease but I doubt I'll get them hospitals hey.  I'm really hoping for a vaginal birth I'll happily be induced at least then my hospital stay should be short.

good luck today hope you have a good book to read.

• imageReality check today....

• Hehehe that is just amazing I've got one up need to build other stand got the bouncera ready kinda scary isn't it reality will hit once they are here 

• Aww how cute!!  I wanted coloured ones too but hubby didnt Lol. I haven't bought a bouncer yet but will be a buy later on. 

Saw midwife this morning and she said my glucose test has come back with no issues so very happy :)

• girls...I  got a scan yesterday and they told me it was boys twins...dr told me boy/girl twins.. I soo confused!

• oh babyhope!! How confusing. You will have to wait until your next scan now to confirm

• That's not much fun babyhope.  We has our growth scan yesterday and blood results babies both good size tho she is bigger than him now.  There was no mistakes my wee man tho bits very obvious her on the other hand not so easy.  Babies are transverse he lies accross the top of my womb she is diagonal on the bottom.  Doctors are pleased next app 4 weeks time but glucose test next Friday. 

• Yes it is confusing...I was hoping for at least one baby girl!! Now I wont buy anything until 100% sure I know for sure baby a is a boy but with baby b at the dr office the baby had legs crossed until he made it to open and said it was a girl...now I go for an ultrasound and she takes tons of pics of baby a and less pics of baby b because the way the baby was laying backwards and could even get a clear profile pics so im still hoping she was wrong.

• My little guy was head down with hr 163 10oz and the mysterious baby was laying across my belly hr 150 11oz but at the end they change positions.

• flaxley how's it going final countdown for you.  Are you all ready or as ready as you can be.  Can't wait to Hear that all is well and your 3 are here.  

I'm just getting all ready cots are ordered final preps knitting away their cardigans got a lovely pattern but need to up my game to get them done.

• Hi kayagh

i had my two doses of steroids in the weekend and my god!! its nearly felt like labour!! It really hurts. Its given in the leg. Just a heads up. 

Yesterday i was told i am looking to be admitted into hospital on the 21st. Only issue is the operation theatre is fully booked and there are no cots available so i will be an in patient and whenever there is a slot and cots free i will be rushed down to operate on.  Not what i was hoping for as now dont know how hubbie will get time off and for what date from. But no other choice. Youd think they would have planned my admission pre hand but nooo...

good luck with your glucose test This week.. Mine cane back normal.

Dont forget to apply for the sure start maternity grant.

• Oh no that's really no good flaxley at all at what stage with triplets do the placentas cease to be useful twins it's 38 week max.  I hope it all goes well you will need to keep us updated. 

we don't qualify the grant but are hopeful to get maternity benefit but don't know as I worked the qualifying period in the Isle of Man now I believe there is an agreement between the two countries re national insurance but won't know til I apply in a few weeks.  Could do with it as twins will be expensive and ita has forced us to delat me setting up my own cake business as I just don't have the energy for it planning to do it when babies are 6 months but start it very softly wasnt planning on me not working so long after the move.  I just see is it as I took early maternity leave.

fingers crossed they get you sorted coz that really isn't right.  Can they transfer you to a different unit ??

• On the 21st i will be 34wks and my consulItant says they cant take it past 35 before placenta problems that could occur. I have my last growth scan on the 15th so i will see what updates they have but surely if they cant go to 35 wk then they have to make some form of arrangement. 

Ofcourse i will keep you updated xxx

not sure if i qualify for grant as this my first children but hubby has 2 previously but i will take a chance. 

• Just been shopping with my mum and we have bought teddys etc. lol xx

•  

I've got my fingers crossed for you not nice being put in that position this late in the game you don't need to stress jeez you got 3 babies to grow.  

My consultant so far has been fab I asked about Xmas and public holidays as im 37 weeks 27th dec with all the holidays etc be said when we need them born it will Happen it will be that week unless they arrive  prior to theN I'm to let him worry about the staff and holidays I'm just to worry about growing these two it starting to get very very real now.

awwww sweet we got build a bear teddies the day we found out colours.  I've picked up a little mamas and papas horse and a duck too since daddy been away 

• My consultant has been good to just i seen about 3/4 different ones going round and round and it feels that they don't communicate with each other. They are all good just the hospital fauly for not having space. You would think they had 34 wks to prepare for me!!!

its getting scary now Kayagh i just hope it all goes well for us ladies. I know my little 3 will be small but i hope they don't have any other conditions problems.  

I'm really worried whether i will be able to breast feed aswell. This my first pregnancy and im not even producing yet at 31 weeks so i dont know if i will. I hardly have anything im soo small. 

Xx

• Spent last night in the hospital again with lots of pain in my tummy and back. I was sick while there and had blood in my vomit. I just want this to be over soon...the babies heart rate were fine tho after I was checked in at around 2am. Will be seeing consultant this morning to know if they (trio)will be coming before the proposed date 27th.

• Awww good luck hope all goes well.   How many weeks are you xxx. 

• 33 weeks today...thanks Darling.image