Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sept 15 babies

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you and your beautiful babies are all doing well.

We were wondering, if you have older children (aged 1-5), would you like to try out (and keep) a new picture book that’s meant to send small children to sleep in minutes? If you would, please do come over to this thread and let us know!

• Options

No older children for me but on the subject of sleep I wanted to share an amazing find I recently made... It's called the baby Merlin magic sleep suit. Dayton looks like a little marshmallow man in it which is funny but it is proving to be fantastic in helping him relax & sleep longer at night! Anyone that is struggling with sleep issues should check it out 

• Options

Oh thanks Danielle!  Just what I need! Hope I'm not too late though. The sleeping arrangements in our house are a bit of a joke. Apparently I was also a bad sleeper. Just hope Alicia takes after her father 😊

• Options

SW2, I have never heard of this Merlin magic suit - won't you post us a pic of Dayton in it? Sounds funny! How exactly does it work?

So good to see your name pop up Frenchmum, how are you doing? We'll make sure we keep an eye out for you on the book thread!

• Options

Thanks Danielle, 

I haven't had much free time since the birth.I feel a bit useless. But it's getting better. I can't really complain as Alicia doesn't cry as much as she should for silent reflux. I'm starting to wean her to goats milk as I feel ready and I've had enough of feeling overwhelmed. Any tips are welcome as she doesn't seem to like it. 😵lol 

• Options

Hey frenchmum, are you moving from breast to goats milk? To be perfectly honest, i've no experience with goats milk, so i'm unsure, but maybe someone else here can help?

While we're here, we wanted to ask you all how you feel about people giving your kids nicknames - like shortening their name from say Danielle to Dan? I'm fine with that, but I do get mad when people get it really wrong and call me Daniella! Please check out the thread we're talking about here.

• Options

Hello all, how is everyone? Glad the Christmas period is over? I am back to routine, I love routine I don't do well when I haven't  it! Well my lil pudding Macie had her first sickness bug on Monday eve! Was horrendous and ended th a trip to out of hours! Poor little note, all recovered now thankfukky, hope your all well looking. Forward to hearing all about your lol cherubs image

• Options

here's a pic of dayton in his sleep suit Danielle... Its marketed as a transition from swaddling which is exactly what we needed as he was outgrowing the swaddle sacks but still hasnt got great control of his arms so would keep hitting himself in the face & getting upset. The suit works because it has a little weight to it... He can still move if he wants to but it slows down / smooths out the jerkiness so he doesnt startle himself. It was designed by a pediatric physiotherapist so i feel its ok for him.image

• Options

Poor Macie. Glad she is better. I hate it when they are sick.

Drayton looks so cute in the sleep suit. 

Yes Danielle I hope to go from breast to goats milk. My first daughter was so easy to wean, I just started feeding her formula one day and she never objected or had trouble drinking from a bottle. Alicia seems a little more complicated. It's not going to be easy.

I'm choosing goats milk because she has an intolerance to the protien in cows milk. We figured that out by me eliminating all dairy from my diet and we noticed a huge improvement in her symptoms.

I have offered her a bottle once a day for a few days now and she still seems to hate it. I was hoping she will get used to the taste. It's not a whole lot different to cows milk. Any tips even just on the weaning are quite welcome.

Sorry for the long post. Hope everyone had a good Christmas  

• Options

Hi frenchmum... With regards to seitching from breast to bottle it might be worth trying the 'medela calma' nipples... We use those when dayton occasionally has a bottle as they are specially made to be as close to breastfeeding as possible so he accepts it great. i have seen other breastfed babies really struggle with using regular nipples as the flow / sucking action is so different. Also, dayton really doesnt like having cold milk anymore but he takes it great when warmed up.

let me know if you decide to try the calma nipples... Id be interested to hear if it works for you.

out of interest... What's the reasoning for giving her goats milk rather than baby formula? Is that what is recommended if they have reflux? I know here (in the US) they say no milk other than breast or formula until 1year so i wonder if the UK advice is different now?

• Options

SW2 I'm in the uk and were and advised no milk until at least 12 months old, again like you other than breast or formula 

• Options

I'm Irish living in France and we have the same recommendations, but it will be formula made from goats milk for babies who are intolerant to cows milk.

We figured out the intolerance before the reflux but apparently they can be linked.

It can't hurt to try anyway cause the rice milk smells awful

Thanks for the advice on the nipples I am trying the Tommy tippee at the moment. Will let you know if she will take it 

Cheers must dash it's bath time and my eldest is giving out to me lol

• Options

Hi everyone, we wondered how it's all going and if you're keeping toasty as it's blooming freezing out there (thought maybe not for you SW2 Stateside or is it? And Frenchmum, what's the weather like over there?)

We also wondered, if you have any older kids, have they ever lost their fave toy or teddy? And if they have, would you come and tell us what you did on this thread here please? We'd love to hear how you dealt with it. Thanks so much! 

• Options

Hi all 

Yes Danielle it's freezing here and it's been snowing a lot this week. My daughter is going to school in her skiing gear. Lol. Never had that problem when growing up in Ireland.

Hope everybody is doing well.  

• Options

Hi September mummies, we were wondering as you're a few months ahead of our latest crop of new mums, if you could pass on one golden nugget of advice to them, what would it be? Please do come and tell us on this thread - you might even pick up a tidbit new up yourself!

• Options

Danielle... You asked whether it is still warm where we live.... Lol.... Not so much! 😀image

• Options

Oh wow! That's some serious snow SW2 - where are you based Stateside? Nice garden too by the way!

• Options

We are in arkansas which is pretty much in the middle of the country. We were in florida 2weeks ago & that was still shorts & t-shirt weather but the further north you go, the worse it is... what we have is nothing compared to the more northernstates that can get hammered with a few feet or more of snow! Glad we're not up there! 😳

• Options

SW2, hope you all made it through that massive snowstorm ok?

To all our UK peeps, we wanted to make sure you spotted this thread about some brilliant baby and toddler discount shopping events happening - you can save loads of money on all your baby bits.

• Options

Yes we're good thanks danielle... We only had about 6inches of snow so nowhere near as bad as the east coast that got over 2ft!! Heard a really sad story from up there about a young mum & her 8month old baby who died... They were in the car with the engine on trying to keep warm while her partner was digging the car out of the snow... The snow though was covering the exhaust pipe so sending carbon monoxide fumes back into the car & they both died! So sad!!