Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Oct 15 babies

Replies

• Oo brill gertie thank you!! I second vicks for night time coughs and colds. My son has a permanent cough at night it seems but when we put vicks on his chest he sleeps much better. I haven't tried on the feet but a's you have to be more careful with younger children I would try the feet one on Sophia if she needed it. Hopefully last night is a sign that things will improve for you! Xxx

• Hi everyone, I was wondering if it was ok if I joined this thread? My lg was born October 23rd,  she's called Elspeth. All your babies are gorgeous! image

• Welcome welshthistle! Elspeth is gorgeous!! She is a day older than my baby girl Sophia. How much did she weigh at birth? How is she doing? Is she your first? I have two boys that will be 5 and 4 in the next few weeks. Sophia is my last and as much as I hate to admit it because my boys are amazing but so glad I got my girl! Lol. Xxx

• Hi, thanks for the welcome!

Elspeth was 7lb 6oz at birth and she's my second, I have a 3 year old son too. She's great, very chilled and happy which is great. What do your sons make of their sister? 

• Oh all these babies are gorgeous! Wish they would stay babies forever 😂 

Teething is a nightmare. The constant screaming. Dribbling everywhere and her hands are always in her mouth, she tries to fit her whole fist in but then chokes on it! I use the ashton powders and currently use the teething amber bracelet which I think is amazing!

Aria currently has a chest infection so she's on antibiotics. I put snuffle babe on her feet and I put vicks in boiling water in the room which seems to help clear her. But she's such a good happy baby even though she's teething and is poorly. Still sleeps from 7 pm till 8/9 am. Crazy how much she sleeps! She's just so laid back. 

It's good that everyone is still posting on her. Anyone thought about having another one yet? 🙈😂 

• Aww that's lovely Welshthistle. My boys absolutely dote on their sister. They fight for cuddles. She was 9lb when she was born and had her weighed on Monday and she is already 14lb 4oz.

Aria is gorgeous Toni! I love her outfit. Did you have it made or bought it? I really must get a bracelet then. I've not heard any body say it doesn't work and like Aria, Sophia is trying to fit her fist in her mouth. Hope she recovers from her chest infection quickly. It's not nice seeing them suffer. 

Sophia tells us it's bedtime by shouting about 7.30 ish. Lol. She's not a cryer she just gets very vocal when she's hungry or tired. Sounds like you have a brill routine with Aria!

I'm not having anymore, Sophia is my last which makes me so sad but my husband has said the birth this time round scared him so much he couldn't risk going through it again. How about you Toni? I know a couple of people on the baby centre forum who are already pregnant again! Xxx

• She's just wearing a white vest with pink dots on. The tutu I got from next. She's got loads of them in different colours. You can get them off ebay to which is where I got the headband as well. 

Yeah I definitely recommend the bracelet. It seems to be working for Aria. Aww bless them I feel sorry for them when they're teething. 

Haha aww thats good that she let's you know shes tired! Has she had all her injections yet?

Aww well enjoy every second with Sophie ☺ yes I'd love just one more. Had a horrible birth to but I just don't want Aria to have no siblings so just one more for me. I was going to try again now but I'm a police officer and there's this job at work I've been waiting years to do which has come up, so I start that in April. Im probably going to be a crying mess leaving Aria. I think I'm gonna try again next year. But then you never know what will happen so we'll see lol x

• Hi everyone, we wondered how it's all going and if you're keeping toasty as it's blooming freezing out there?

We also wondered, if you have any older kids, have they ever lost their fave toy or teddy? And if they have, would you come and tell us what you did on this thread here please? We'd love to hear how you dealt with it. Thanks so much!

• Looks like I shall be looking at next and ebay! I love all the clothes next do!! I got loads in the sale.

Amber bracelet has been ordered! Hopefully it will arrive quick! She's had her first injections and due second ones next week. Not looking forward to them if they are anything like her first. 

That's very exciting about the job opportunity! I can imagine how hard it will be to go back to work but hopefully the excitement of starting something new will help. Will you be going back full time?

It is so very cold at the moment! Sophia has nearly out grown her 3-6 month snowsuit so debating getting the next size up! Xxx

• Hi lovely October mums, we were wondering as you're a few months ahead of our latest crop of new mums, if you could pass on one golden nugget of advice to them, what would it be? Please do come and tell us on this thread - you might even pick up a tidbit yourself!

• Ah ladies!!! I am here! Wow seems a lifetime ago I was on here all the time. I had my little boy (9lb) on 25th October, birth was pretty traumatic and then we had a really horrible tough few weeks. That's why I hadn't been on to update, I couldn't face writing about it. He's an absolute little star and just want to put all of that behind me now! Your babies are all so gorgeous and I'm glad you're doing well xx

• Aww Ccme glad you are both doing well!! Getting Sophia weighed today. Can't believe she is three months old already!! 

• So lovely to see you name pop up Ccme - we really hope you're doing great. Any how is everyone else getting on here?

We also wanted to make sure you spotted this thread about some brilliant baby and toddler discount shopping events happening - you can save loads of money on all your baby bits.

• I've succumbed and bought Sophia a jumperoo! Im far too excited about trying her in it! How is everyone doing? Hope all the lovely babies are doing well!

• Oh Rach2186, they're brilliant fun for the babies!
    While we're here, we were wondering (if you don't mind us getting personal!), did any of you have a tidy up of your pubic hair before having your babies? We've got a thread all about it over here!

• Not been on here in ages! Loving all the baby pictures!! Here's my little Halloween baby enjoying his bathimage

• Oh JodieeMx so wonderful to see your name pop up!!! And please tell me, that picture of Charlie is blown up huge and on a wall somewhere in your house???

• Haa that's the plan! Got a similar picture of my 3 year old when he was younger so they can both go on  the wall together! :) xxx

• Hi everyone, it's been a little while since we've seen some of you, so we wanted to let you know about a few things happening on the forum.

The first is, we're looking for baby toy testers (under a year old). We would send you toys for your baby, and all you'd need to do is film them playing with it. Plus you get to keep all the toys we'd send you! If you're interested in finding out more, check out the thread here.

We also wanted to make sure you keep your eyes peeled for a thread we're running tomorrow where we have a £100 voucher to give away.

And finally, do you give your children/or did your parents ever give you a Valentine's card? Do come and tell us about it on this thread.

Over and out for now!

• Oh my word! I've just been flicking through the old posts on this thread and seeing pictures of all our babies and how much they've changed!! Is anyone getting ready to try for their next?? Haha! I'm so happy with my three but makes me so sad to know I will never have a new born again!!!