Forum home Babies Baby

Oct 15 babies

Replies

• Hi Rach2186, how was Centre Parcs?

And hello everyone else too - we hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day and were treated well! Please do come and show us your cards or any pressies you might have had.

We also wanted to let you know we're running a thread about your babies nursery - and we wondered if you might fancy sharing yours? So please do snap some snaps and show us over here on this thread!

• Hi October mummies, we hope you'e ok? We were wondering if you might let us know on this thread how long you stayed in hospital after having your baby? Apparently in the UK we have the shortest stays in hospital, so we'd love to see how it compares nationwide.

• Centre parcs was lovely! A very much needed break. Sophia took to the water like a duck so it was lovely. Managed to get her a few swimming lessons with the lady who teaches my boys on the island. She's stopping at easter though so I'm very gutted!

Sophia is moving in to her own room tonight. She's outgrown her crib and we can't fit the cot in our room so she's going to have to be a big brave girl. I'm hoping it's a success because she is such a good sleeper as she is!!

• Rach2186, how was Sophia's first night in her bedroom?

While we're here, can of you who had c-sections help this lady who's utterly petrified of her impending section? She's on this thread...

• First night went amazingly well! I had been feeding her 3 times a night and last night she only asked for one feed!! So pleased! Self settled as well. She loves her sleep as much as me! Haha!

i haven't had a section otherwise I would help. Can imagine it's a very scary prospect.

• Rach, that blooming amazing! Well done Sophia!

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Hi everyone. We've just started a thread (inspired by One Born Every Minute which is back on tonight!) about labour and giving birth - we're asking what one thing do you wish you'd known about labour and birth or what tips and advice would you pass on? Seeing as you've all been through it, do you fancy sharing? If so, please come and tell us ON THIS THREAD.

• Hi breastfeeding mums, are you able to help this newbie? She's breastfeeding her 11 week old, but her baby isn't making much weight gain, and she's concerned her milk supply might be low. If you have any wise words, we're sure she'd really appreciate them. Thank you!

• imageimage image

Hi everyone... been looking back at old posts when we first had the babies, I can't believe how quickly time is going! 😢Aria's getting so big, turning into a right little diva already and she's constantly sitting up by herself now. We had her ears pierced this week and she didn't even cry! She was just smiling away at the ladies in claires 😂 me and my sisters all had ours done when we was a baby so I wanted to get Arias done. 

Glad you had a good time at centre parks Rach and that she's sleeping good in her room on her own. I put Aria in her cot from the day I brought her home and I've never had her in my bed but I just can't put her in her own room 😢 I think I'm the one with the issue 😂 

Anyone else had a poorly baby lately? These awful bugs going around are an absolute nightmare! Hope everyone's well x

• Toni23x, your little Aria is an absolute dolly!

Hi everyone else too, we have a newbie who's due in July who is also wondering about birth experiences and pain relief. Do come and check out her post and feel free to reply if you can offer any words of advice!

• Hi again! CALLING ALL BREASTFEEDING PROS! Can you help this newbie whose baby is not latching properly? Her 5 week old is nipple feeding and won't open wide enough...Can you help? She's over on this thread...

• Hi everyone, we wondered if your baby had colic, do you have any advice you might pass on to our newer mums? We've spotted quite a few of the new mums on MFM are really struggling with colicy babies, and if you had any wise words to help them, we'd really appreciate it if you could post over on this thread. Thank you!

• Aww Toni, Aria is gorgeous!! She looks really cute with her studs too. Some babies look funny but it really suits her. I had mine done as a baby but decided to wait for Soph to be old enough to ask as I thought it would be a lovely bonding experience. 

Sophia seems to have a permanent cold. It's strange because they tell you breastfed have better immunities but she's had colds since day one!! She's doing really well in her own room though. So sad she is my last baby but each new thing makes me so happy. She's not far off being on the move! Exciting times!! Hope everyone is doing well!! Xxximage

• Evening all! hope everyone is ok? all peaceful here at the moment. My lo was 6 months on Saturday and hes still breastfeeding. He's always hungry and he's not sleeping through the night yet. I just think he's afraid he will miss something if he sleeps 😆

Hes now in his cot, he seems to prefer to be put down at night. And lately he seems to go a lot more quickly for his daddy! 

Hes eating now too! His favourite meals have been parsnips, sweet potatoe and he's loved some mango in his porridge. today I tried him with butternut squash and I also mixed some mint into it. He liked that! 

Take care allimageimageimage

• Oh Rach2186, I don't think there's anyway to avoid the colds that babies get - my toddler has been ill on and off for 3 months now - it never ends! Sophia is really turning into a little girl now!

Wow ShelleyAnne1, 6 months already!!! Where did that go? So the weaning sounds like it's going well. I recently read someone say they gave some banana to their baby before bed to help with the sleep - no idea if it works but might be worth a try!

• Hi everyone,
    We’ve got a little treat for you!
    We’ve got our hands on some of these Milton Mini Portable Soother Sterilisers, and we thought that they're just the kind of thing the lovely folk in our Oct 15 babies club would like.

If you would like one, all you have to do is keep posting on this thread (how easy is that?). In a week or two’s time, we’ll collect in the names of everyone who’s posted since this 'treat announcement post' today – and send out the sterilisers. If we don’t have quite enough sterilisers for everyone, we’ll prioritise those who’ve posted the most. So get posting!

Oh, and it’s entirely possible that we may ‘accidentally' fast-track you to the top of the treats list if you post a pic of your baby – we can never get enough of those!

• imageimageimageimageimageimage

(I could baby spam you all day 😂)

Aria is forever dropping her dummy which has now turnt into a game 😂 so this will be amazing! 

The amount of money I've spent on baby clothes is stupid especially when she hasn't used half of them and they are now too small! 😱 I won't make that mistake again. But it gave me the incentive to try and do a business selling baby clothes and shoes. Only started out a couple of days ago. It's proving to be hard work with a baby who's teething and wants your constant attention 😂

Also I thought I'd mention...We've decided to try for another baby now. There's never a right time and we want them to be close in age as this will be my last baby. Two is more than enough for me!

Hope everyone's well and enjoyed their easter with the new baby's xxx

• Toni23x, Aria looks incredible! And well done you on starting a business too! Wow, do keep us posted on the ttc again - how long did it take with Aria?

• Aww Toni, Aria is so lovely!! Love all her little outfits. I learnt with my boys that they outgrow out fits so quickly. Once Sophia hits the year mark I will buy more and spend more on the outfits! I'm really excited about the shoes too! Lol. Im impressed you are starting your own business and trying for baby number two!! Very exciting!! Best thing I did was having my two boys close together. They are great together. They have their moments where they argue but they are growing up to be very close with each other. Keep us posted on how you get on!!

Still plodding along nicely here. Soph is growing son quickly and starting to assert herself more. She picked up screaming and thinks it's hilarious. I obviously don't agree so much. Lol. Xximageimage