Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nov 15 Babies

Replies

• imageimage

A pic of my babies 

• Congrats amylou! He's lovelY. I think I'm hoping to resume my sex life too. We were trying to conceive for 8 month, so that dictated it as well. Glad to be free of schedules in the bedroom sooN

• Hey ladies! Not much to update on hear, Eliott has finally move into new born clothes today so I've bagged up the tiny baby stuff to send to SCBU so they don't go to waste!

We got 'down to business' yesterday for the first time, went fine and didn't hurt at all. Only lasted 30 seconds haha so went for seconds...but he has been deprived for 8 months bless him! I'm lucky to have such a patient man :) 

we didnt use protection tho :/ But I'm sure it will be fine, neither of us like condoms and I refuse to take contraceptives! Thinking about the coil...but the thought of it makes me feel sick!

• My little one is growing to!  She almost fits her newborn clothes. We weighed her yesterday at 8 pounds 0 ounces. 

So, I'm in need of advice. Everytime my little one is with my husband she cries for me. He is getting super frustrated and his feelings are very hurt. What can I do to help them bond? 

• Have they had skin to skin? Maybe they could have a bath together? Maybe try leave the room so she can't see you? Are you breastfeeding? X

• yes I'm breastfeedinG. I have pumped a few bottles so they can have this time to feed. I'm planning on doing this for him this weekend while he's off from work. I've been wearing one of his shirts to bed so I was also thinking of him wearing it so if smells like me. I think he tends to care for her when she's hungry and I'm busy trying to do something i.e. use the bathroom. So she's the most impatient At that moment. Skin to skin is a great idea. the shirt I'm thinking of for tonight is a button down. So perfect for some skin to skin time. Poor daddy is feeling like she hates him. :(

• Hi lovely ladies, we just wondered do any of you have have toddlers/older kids? If so, please do check out this thread (there are vouchers to be won!) and just let us know what do you do on rainy days with your kids. We'd REALLY appreciate any posts you might have time to make. Thank you!

• Hi ladies has anyone gone back on the pill yet? I've been given cerazette  got any feedback X 

• I haven't. I have been off of the pill for 7 years. We had been calculating my cycle and have been very successful with preventing pregnancy and planning pregnancy. But now I'm unsure on what I want to do. I don't like the way birth control makes me feel and I don't like condoms. 😏 So... Not sure what to do. 

• Hey how's everyone doing? My lite Eliott is poorly :( he's got bronchiolitis and really struggling today, went to A&E 2 days ago as he was sucking in at his ribs and base of his neck and had stridor. 6 hours later we were allowed home as his oxygen levels were 100% and resp rate was under 60, but he seems to be struggling again, he's been up all night so off to doctors today to get him checked over, can still see him sucking in at his ribs so must be finding it difficult to breath, praying we don't get admitted this time :( 

anyone elses baby had this? Josh had it as a baby but wasn't this bad!

• Hey supersquish, sorry to hear Eliott has been so poorly - a girl in out Sept Babies thread called murf, her little girl was recently hospitalised with this too - her little girl Skylar is out of hosp and all fine now though. Please let us know how Eliott is today?

• Oh no! Super squish I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds miserable for poor Elliott. I hope he starts feelin better. What does the doctors say? Are they able to give little Elliott anything to help him?

• Hi Supersquish, 

Isaac had this just over 2 weeks ago, I took him to Drs twice for them to tell me it was just a cold, the 3rd time I called them he had turned grey, no word of a lie he literally looked like a corpse 😔 

He was rushed to a and e and within 10 minutes was put on oxygen, had a feeding tube put in and had cannula a put in to take blood and give him fluids. He then spent 5 days in High Dependency Childrens Unit as he was so very poorly. 

Were now home though and he is much better but it was so very scary for us all. 

The consultant at the hospital told me he is likely to get it again a few times before he is 2 which will result in more hospital stays but for now he's good thankfully. 

I hope Elliot recovers soon xx

• Omg. That's so scary. I hope it doesn't happen to Isaac again. l can't even imagine. Oh ladies... How awful  

Hows elliott? 

• Wow Nevesmummy, that's so awful to hear - is Isaac ok now?

• Hi ladies, Eliott is over the worst of it now, just left with a cough. It's awful when they are poorly isn't it :( poor little mites xx

• imageHello all, 

this is baby Isla, born 19/10/15 3 weeks early 7lb 15oz sister to Darcy. She is 4 weeks old and still trying to settle in to a routine. Merry christmas all. 

• Hi darcyisla,  wow what a cute little chick isla is! Funny about the whole routine thing. It's what many people ask of us as new mums isn't it. We have  plenty of feeding,  sleep, crying and lots of wet / dirty nappies but never at the same time or for the same duration each day and night! 

Sorry to hear a few of the little ones have been so poorly and wishing them a speedy recovery.  Such a worry this mummyhood lark isn't it.  

Goodness I couldn't even think about resuming sex as yet,  although it's only been 3 weeks since having cesarean for me. Maybe after Christmas lol! 

Supersquish,  just realised that you have an Eliott too 😊

Here's my new little one.. Elliott Isaac George born 27/11/15 younger brother to my

•  15 yo daughter and 18 yo son. 

Taking me a wee while to recover from c/section but starting to get out and about again now. 

Can I ask if anyone has bought a baby sling /carrier that they would recommend as I'd like to be a bit more hands free around the house and be able to nip out without taking pram from time to time. Thanks in advance x 

• @sunny I recommend a hammock type sling for around the house, I used it with my first born and was a life saver! I sold it a while back tho so using my baby bjorn carrier now

ive included a pic of the hammock style oneimage