Forum home Babies Baby

Nov 15 Babies

Replies

• Tuturose she sleeps from about 11-7. I don't know if I did anything for her to do that but one day she was upset crying at about 11pm and finally fell asleep and slept til 7. The next few night went about the same and now I feed her about 10-10:30 and she coos and smiles at me. I put her in her crib and she is out til the am. 

She got her shots Monday and cried so hard for a few mins before falling asleep for a bit. I made her Dad hold her leg as they did it and he describes it as the most heart breaking thing you'll ever see lol. I can't handle holding them down for that. 

Also a word of advise the nurse told me to go home and give her a bath and rub her legs where she got the shots. Omg it works she didn't have any bumps or redness. She did spike a small fever for one day and that was it. I wish someone had told me this with my son because even though he handled the shots pretty well his legs got red and a bit swollen. 

Hope this helps ladies and God bless your little ones. 😘😘😘😘😘😘

• Hey everyone, not sure if I've even told you guys but eliott has a hernia 😟 he's been sceduled for surgery on 17th feb, must say I'm terrified! It's a very routine procedure but even so hate the thought of my baby going under anestetic and been cut open! I'm going to be a wreak!

• Hi supersquish, we're so sorry to hear this, but that's good news he's being looked after and the op is happening soon. You must be fraught with worry. Sending hugs x

• Oh hunny, I can imagine you are worried but he is in the best possible hands. He will bounce back so quickly and better to get it sorted now rather than when he's older. Sending big hugs to him for a speedy recovery xxxx

• Oh supersquish I'm so sorry to hear about that. I will pray for your family and for a speedy recovery for baby Elliot. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

• Wow I havnt posted in a while, just caught up with comments, my son also has a hard time passing gas and most times feeding him is a battle, doctors aren't helping me at all here,I don't want to hear "hel grow out of it" I want to hear a solution for his pain.

He turned 12 weeks on Saturday, here's a recent pic :)

And I hope everything goes well for Elliot supersquish xximage

• Hi charzz91

have you asked doctors about silent reflux? And maybe giving gaviscon jnr a  try? Sounds like my eldest daughter when she was a baby refusing feeds and fighting her bottles With the windy tummy. 

Congratulations by the way, 

hope this helps. 😊

• Tallulah has silent reflux - horrid!! Xx

• I'm so sorry about Elliott. Hoping for a quick recovery. 

The doctor wants to check Lorelei for reflux on Friday. Tutu rose how did the test go for you when you had tallulah tested? 

• They didn't really test - just asked her symptoms and then tried her on gaviscon. Unfortunately this led to her being incredibly constipated and started to refuse expressed bottles as this is how it had to be given (still doesn't have them because of it) and so was put onto ranitidine which is making it better but not totally and now she is sick sporadically :( just hoping it starts to get better the older they get as it's just horrible!! Xx

• It is awful, Darcy was nearly 4 months when they finally listened. She didnt feed all day, I was given ranitidine but it didn't seem to work but the gaviscon did. It can cause constipation. I just gave water in between feeds and ended up weaning earlier. 

• I don't give my baby much water as I was told it's bad to give babies too much

How much and how often should I give him water? I still feel lost with being a parent,you'd think I get it by now 12 weeks later lol

I got given gaviscon to help with his reflux but half the time he spits it back out (use a syringe) so frustrating. So havnt used it long enough to see results yet but Il keep on trying.

He also keeps doing really smelly hard poos instead of slushy yellow poop,what could be the cause of that? X

• Charz, I'd sau that's the gaviscon giving him constipation 😔 

Since isaac has had his 8 week injections he only has a bowel movement every 4-5 days and he gets so uncomfortable 😔 he went same time everyday before having them so dr told me to give one scoop less of powdered milk added to the water, hasn't made him go more regular but he's not getting the tummy ache anymore thankfully.

I had him weighed yesterday, now at 11weeks he weighs 14lbs lol!! He's my little chunky monkey lol xx

• I think health visitors and doctors give out different advice? 

My health visitor told me bk then to give 2 ounce of cooled boiled water around 3 times a day?!? 😱 Lol, 

have you got powder form gaviscon? 

With my newest arrival she seems in discomfort when feeding I can hear the milk gurgling in her stomach. 

The HV keeps telling me she will be a different baby in a few weeks lol, not that I was complaining just explaining what isla is like feeding sometimes. 

Also if they are putting on weight and following the line then they don't seem concerne. 

it all seems a bit blurry in the first few months of baby bubble with the feeding poos and wind ect. 

it does settle down, and I also have been give. The advice on a extra ounce of water in the bottle which I think is a good move. 

Since Iv been babbling on I'm going to sign of now and hope Iv not made any spelling mistakes or talked no sense. 😆

• Hi Darcyisla, lovely to have you in this babies club!

While we're here, we were wondering if any of you November mums fancied sharing (quite a bit actually) how long you waited/or if you're still waiting to make sweet, sweet love with your partners... we have a thread about it over here...

• Nevesmummy I have had the same problem with my little girl. As soon as she got her shots at 8 weeks she doesn't go often about once a week and she gets very cranky and has really bad smelling gas Lol. Doc said once they are past 3 months bowel movement is less frequent but I am unsure to call the doc. Any suggestions here ladies???

• Isaac stinks when he has gas lol!! He still is only going every 4-5 days. I went out yesterday evening and Isaac presented Daddy with a lovely explosive nappy lol!! I told him it was a sign of affection for him 😊 

The giving one scoop less of formula to the water has helped him be less cranky though thankfully 😊 

Neve is the same though as a baby she wouldn't go and was in medication which she still has now to help her go as she will on go once a week 😕 Xx

• We have started using weleda granules which have transformed Oliver! He is sleeping 7-7 and only waking when he needs his dummy back! They just settle any trapped wind and help him to 'go' so he goes 2-3 times in the day (only small ones - tmi sorry) then isn't struggling during the night! It really is a life saver! 

Hope this helps!

Xx xx 

• Oh lovely, I shall be looking for that tomorrow in boots :) xx

• Hey supersquish, how is Eliott doing? And how are you in the runup to the operation?

Lolalove, is Oliver still the dream? Nevesmummy, did you try those granules for Isaac?

How is everyone else doing?