Forum home Babies Baby

Oi, all you lovely people with babies! Come over here and say hello to each other (please!)

Replies

• Wow Sarah i bet u have got ur hands full there lol, they are beautiful. X

• I feel like I run a deli counter, having 3 little ones, take a ticket and form an orderly queue and mummy with be with you shortly. It's all good fun and I wouldn't change it, 5 years ago I didn't think I wanted kids and now I've got three! Good job I had them in my late thirties or I'd be in my own documentary by now.

People always say flying with babies is easier than flying with toddlers. That's not really advice is it? Sorry. Have you googled it? There's bound to be loads of advice out there somewhere.

• Hahaha yh i can imagine, n aaawwww yh suppose it is a good job u left it till late then or u wud have 10 lol x

• Fow92 lol yes just a bit but I wouldn't change it for the world! Back in 2008 I was told kids where a no no after losing a tube and ovary and the other side getting damaged, 6 years ago I got with my partner and 3 years later 3 boys al concieved naturally xxx

• Aaawwww thats lovely. I bet u feel blessed then dont ya,, its like having 3 little miracles 😀 xx is this it for u now then just the 3 lol x

• Hello everyone. Am just popping in to bump this thread and remind everyone it's here.

We'd be really made up it if you all keep posting here, not just with news about your babies (which we'd LOVE to hear) but also with questions/recommendations/tips for each other. 

We think – and we hope you all agree – that it would be great if those of you in our Jan 15 Babies group would be happy to share what's worked for you in the first months of your baby's life. And we're also pretty sure that some of you whose babies were born in the last few months might like to hear what others have got to share - as well as sharing what's working for you right now. 

Perhaps I can be a bit cheeky and kick things off? 

So, here's your starter for 10, everyone! What do you reckon is the best bit of baby kit you've bought? And what do you now realise what probably a bit of a waste of money? For me, the best was muslin cloths - was never without one – and the worst was a baby bath - never used it. How about you?

(Oh, and while I'm being cheeky, perhaps I can highlight a few other new threads? If you fancy telling us if you've put your Xmas decs up yet or sharing a post-baby belfie or even bagging a free bundle of Aldi stocking fillers, please do!)

Right, over to you. Please come and talk baby kit – or anything else with us here. We'd really love to keep this thread going!

• Oh you, Helen :P

i agree with the baby bath - rubbish, don't even think much of the bath seat very restricting especially for a boy, couldn't recommend the tommee tippee prep machine more - life saver. Also bought a swing and bouncer neither of which were used that often as Lucas preferred to be lay on the floor. 

Another godsend (although not an item) was the programme twirlywoos. That allowed me 5 minutes peace since he was about two weeks old!! 

I think a lot of first time mums like myself have found a lot of products to be useless but we all want the 'in thing' and anything baby related lol 

• I also agree i love the tommee tippee perfect prep machine its ace how quick u can do a bottle n my little girl never liked her bouncer n also doesn't like lying flat she gets bored very quickly soo she quite likes her swing thank God lol xx

• Being a first time mum, I thought I "need" everything. Bad ideas(and wasted money): baby bath support, baby outfits (mainly used sleep suits for the first months), travel system (my little one loves being in the carrier), baby bouncer (he loved his swing), cot mobile, moses basket (had to get a bed side cot), baby shoes. 

Best buys: bedside cot, baby swing, baby carrier, a swaddle blanket for the first few weeks, grobags, muslin cloths of course, Weleda nappy cream (cleared his horrible nappy rash over night when he was 2 weeks old and never had one since!), play gym, lamaze toys, baby's bedtime stories book (he loves stories), groegg room thermometer, sensor pad (so I don't constantly check his breathing and manage to get some sleep), sleepsuits with quilted sleeves. 

This is all for the moment 😊 will get back if I think about anything else 😀 

• Lyra was my second so some things i knew not to buy i.e baby bath... it was too heavy to use with my first and was just easier to use the sink so i didnt bother with that, baby outfits i didnt bother with as the first few weeks baby grow way to fast to be able to use everything.. mittens are a waste of time lyra loves sucking her thumb and they just upset her too much when she couldnt...

Things i got that i love my main thing is a tommee tippee flask to store hot water in cost me £10 and it is amazing i wanted to get the perfect prep but got this sooo much cheaper i put hot kettle water in at 10pm and fill bottles with water when its time for a feed even at 10 am the flast water is still hot so i add ounce to her bottle which makes in warm enough for her i also use it when going out.. rather then waiting 5-10 mins for bottle to warm up this does it super fast i love it!

!

• Oooh, there's so much great stuff here – thanks everyone. And please do keep it coming!

Haha at the mutual baby-bath hatred! And, Mirela, the bath support is BRILL if you end up having another baby reasonably soon (that's probably the last thing on your mind right now, I know!) and have a toddler and a baby to do bath time with.

We've just started a thread about an (apparently) amazing technique for instantly calming a crying baby. Please do come and have a look – we'd love you to try it out and tell us if it works!

• I will keep that in mind Helen, lol 😀 

I agree with scratch mittens not needed, as he always managed to get them off; but I bought some sleep suits with incorporated scratch mittens and they were brilliant. 

• My best buys are definatly perfect prep machine, next to me bedside cot I seriously couldn't imagine having get up and look into a moses  having him right there is great. 

The Angel care bath support is amazing my boy adores his bath it's the most magical time of day for us :) sounds silly but I  bought a princelionheart wipers warmer! Hugo hates being changes and not having a cold wipe really eases the blow. X 

• Hey all, I have a little boy who's just over 8weeks old now.

I'm not getting much sleep still. He's refusing all sorts of ideas and routines for bed at the moment.

Soo favourite buys... I have medical issues and I'm unable to bend down so we had a changing/bath station which has been fantastic. 

I'm breastfeeding so we don't have any gadgets for fast bottles. He's my third also so we haven't bought a huge amount of things. I'd have really loved a side cot. We have a Moses basket atm and he doesn't seem to enjoy sleeping in it.

we've also used grobags and swaddle blankets. Which have been great. And I've got a babysling to start using soon. 

id probably say the dummy was the worlds best invention though :p 

speak soon :) 

• ShelleyAnne1 - you can rent a bedside cot for £69(with new mattress and sheets included)! And you can use it for up to 6-7 months. It is lovely having one! 😊 xx 

• Hello! My little girl is 6 weeks on Saturday.

I fully agree about pointless baby baths. I think because the water is shallow as well it's hard to kept it up to temp. My best purchase this time would have to be my sling. I didn't have one for my boys but with school run I thought it would be worth getting one and I love it. It is an expensive purchase that isn't necessary but I love it all the same and will definitely be getting my monies worth! 

• Blimey Sarah, Cameron has grown so much already :) such a lovely picture of your boys xx

• Hi All, 

To those who I haven't already met, I'm Victoria and I am a mum of 2. Neve is 6, and her baby Brother Isaac is 16 days old. Isaac arrived naturally after I was induced at 38+2 due to Gestational Diabetes and being on Insulin. 

These are my 2 babies xximage

• Hi all, im Linzi. I live in Central Scotland with hubby, 2boys, 2dogs, 2cats,2terrapins,2fish and a tortoise. My boys are Emmett 22m and Brodie 9w tomorrow. :) ximageimage

• Hi everyone just seen the tips post. I'd recommend the Tommy tippee perfect prep machine 1000% it is a god send!! 

Another one which is a bit strange but still to this day gets my little girl to sleep (now 11 months old) is bouncing on the birthing ball with her in my arms. It works wonders and she's sleeping in minutes lol! if you still have your birthing balls then definitely try it.

i also have some very exciting news that Harper took her first steps all by herself tonight! So so proud 😀