Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oi, all you lovely people with babies! Come over here and say hello to each other (please!)

Replies

• Options

Oh well done Harper!!! So exciting :)

• Options

Hi everyone. Great tips being posted!

things i have found useful... We have a eomb sounds bear which comes on at night if he cries... That soothes him. Like others have said... The swaddle sacks are great!. & our little guy loves his mammaroo seat... The motions & sounds really help him nap during the day.

most useless thing was a lovely minky changing pad cover... I thought it was so cute with a monkey on it to match his jungle theme nursery & would be nice & soft for him to lie on... Day 1... He peed all over it... Then i realized what a dumb idea that was! Lol

dayton had his tongue tie clipped today... He did very well bless him, hardly bled & fed straight after but is a little fussy tonight. Lots of love & hugs needed... Poor little guy! :(

• Options

oh well done Harper, the first of the January babies to walk. I keep thinking Chloe is going to walk but she seems happy just standing and then throwing herself forward!

Chloe had her tongue tie cut at 3 days old as she was 100% tongue tied feeding was soooo painful. It didn't really bother her think it was worse for me, her feeding improved enourmously and I'm still feeling 11 months on.

• Options

Very well done Harper! Seems ages away until my little girl will be walking but definitely not wanting to wish it away!!

Quick question to everyone! Anybody using the wonder weeks app and how are you finding it? ive only just started using it and was just wondering how accurate it is for everyone.

• Options

nice to hear all the useful things :) i havent heard of that app what is it? 

Also can you guys advise a good but cheap enough baby wear item.. i want to get something like this as when i am just nipping to get lil one from school its such and effort to have to get the pram in and out but at the same time im scared as never done it with my first and always paranoid it will break.. so any recommendations would be great! ximage

• Options

Hi SFW91, the app tells you all the stages your baby goes through development wise. It predicts bad days with baby based on the next leap they are going through. Ive heard good things on another forum so thought I would give it a go. As for baby wearing I have the bykay sling in original. I got it from mothercare and it wasn't cheap but seems to be about average price for decent ones and wasn't sure I'd trust a cheap one. It's a stretchy one so find I have to re-tie it occasionally. I got it for the same reason you want one and it's perfect and will do my little girl up until she's 3. Xx

• Options

Hello all,

its so lovely to see all the gorgeous little ones and many siblings.  my little one will be 4 weeks tomorrow. she slept for the first time 4 hours last night! (Yay)

Im hoping for some advice. My little one cries everytime daddy is holding her. I try to ignore the cryimng and let him handle it but he gets pretty frustrateD. As soon as he hands her to me, she will stop crying. This morning she was less fussy when just laying there waiting for me, than in his arms. He's getting pretty hurt over the situation too. Anyone have advice to help them bond?

• Options

Oh heres my little one, Lorelei. 

• Options

I hadn't thought about a carrier for Chloe that would make school drop off and pick up soooo much easier she out grew her baby bjorn ages ago and I do miss usimg it. Your a genius Rach2186.

• Options

Aww she is so cute!! Lovely name as well!! My husband went through this but it does get better just make sure daddy doesn't give up! At such a young age baby can't recognise anyone based on looking alone. Your smell will be the most familiar thing to her hence why you can settle her better. As she gets older she will remember more and learn to recognise more people in her life. Get your oh to talk to her in a soothing voice whilst holding her so that she can learn to recognise his voice whilst her eye sight and memory develop. X 

• Options

Thank you thehoads! I do try! Lol. X

• Options

Love the dress, have him wear something of yours so she can smell you whe she is with him, also she will pick up on stress so he needs to stay calm and confident when holding her. Hope that helps.

• Options

She's beautiful babydreamer!!. ah your poor hubby!! It is difficult for them as we are just around the babies so much more. In those early weeks all they want to do when they're awake really is eat... So i know my lo would get mad with dad because he wasn't giving him a boob! I think just reassure your hubby that its not personal... Its just that they sleep so much when tiny that all they really want when awake is food then bk to sleep so if you do t give them that they get upset. Also, they have to rely on their basic senses at that age so smell is very important... & as you are around her more it is your smell that is familiar yo her & feels safe. If you are breastfeeding, you could try putting a little bit of milk on a cloth & giving that to your oh to hold close to her when he holds her.. Or even just a top or something that youve been wearing all day so it has your smell on it.

rach... Yes my sister recommended the wonder weeks app so i got it. I think its great for explaining all the new processes that baby is learning so we can watch out & see how he is developing. I must say that in the early weeks of crazy exhaustion i got mad at the app when it was saying we should be on a sunny day when we most definitely were not!! Lol... So i try not to pay too much attention to that bit!

• Options

I will check that app, thank you for the tip 😊

My baby was the same with my brother - he was really stressed while holding my little one! And babies can feel that. I told him to do some breathing exercises before coming over to visit 😀 he became confident with time and there were no problems after a while. 

I have a baby bjiorn carrier and it supports my baby really well. 

Xx

• Options

Hi mums! If you fancy being brave and posting a shot of your post-baby belly, please do check out this thread we're running. There're prizes to be won!

• Options

thanks SW I'll try that app out. Hubby had a little better night with our LO. Yes Mirela, I think he gets real nervous with her too, especially when she cries and won't stop.  She has a lot of gas and it causes her to be pretty fussy.

Anyone have tips for baby gas. I feel like weve tried everything. She just doesn't seem to want to burp, or when Lorelei does burp it's like a marathon of burps. I try to burp her mid feeding, and afterward. We place her over the shoulder, on her belly, sitting up with us patting Her. Idk. She gets a super hard belly and just cries. :(. I'll rub her belly but nothing sooths her. I know when I eat brocoli it makes her gas awful. And it always seems to be at night. When hubby tries to spend time with her. hence the feeling of frustration for him as well. 

Also, wondering if you all sing lullabies to your baby? And if so what? I'm looking for a song to sing to LO before bed. 

• Options

Hi everyone,  I'm stephanie (aka Sunny5) and had my 3rd baby a week ago. He's called Elliott.  

My husband and I have a 18yo son and a 15 yo daughter so with the big gap it's almost like being a first time parents.

It's surprising how baby equipment has evolved in the last 15 years. Haven't really tried any 'new ' things out yet but right now I couldn't do without the lanolin nipple cream and good feeding bras! Didn't bother with babybath this time as remember them being pointless last time. Butterfly I have a top and tail bowl which is useful.

We're struggling with the moses basket things so interesting to read about the 'next to me ' cots. Especially if they can't believe hired! Will look into its for sure. X

• Options

Aaawwww sunny5 he is gawjus image n oh god yh i bet its like bein a first time mum agen lol x

• Options

Sunny5 he's super cute. I bet it feels like being a first time mommy. But you have lots of extra big hands to help. 

I love the boobies brand nipple cream. It's all organic. Suppose since we have only showers downstairs I've been using our baby bath and liking it. It is a little heavy when full. We tried the sink, but it seemed to deep for our tiny baby.

were also loving our sleeper bassinet. I slide it all over the house with me. Cloth diapers have been a breeze for us too so far. Actually  glad we were planning on using them as Lorelei is allergic to disposable. 

• Options

Gorgeous little ones! 

I used organic chamomile tea for my gassy baby (a teaspoon every other hour even during day time) and I drank the tea myself too 😊 There are also some granules from Weleda for colicky babies - that might help. And I used to keep Andy on my chest to sleep (they say your body heat helps their tummy). And I noticed that when I had dairy he was unhappy, so I tried to cut down on dairy and had sardines for my calcium intake instead. That helped. 

Good luck xx

And yes, a bedside cot is a God send 😊 

Andy loves lullabies. One of his favourite is https://youtu.be/TjUX3CeRUZI  I used to sing this to him when I was pregnant too 😊 

Xx