Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Oi, all you lovely people with babies! Come over here and say hello to each other (please!)

124»

Replies

• Hi ladies,

only just found this thread! I'm mummy to isabella who is 3 and Mila, 11 weeks. 

scratch mits were a big waste here too. We do use our baby bath though! 

Both of mine have had tongue ties cut. Happily, breast feeding has been much easier so far in spite of that!

love the name lorelei babydreamer! my friend had a little sister with that name when I lived in France and have loved it since then.😊

• I loved my scratch mitts for Lucas, he was forever scratching himself xx

• image My little chunk Sophia who is 6 weeks old today and wearing 3-6 months already!! She is such a happy little baby though!

Scratch mitts are pointless but the baby grows I bought this time had built in scratch mitts which is a brilliant idea!

• Ohh wow really? Do you know where from? That would be so helpful to have a side cot :) 

• Wow Rach! How much does she weigh? She's beautiful! 

• Thank you Shelley! She was weighed at 1 month and was 11lb 11.5oz. She's next getting weighed the 18th unless I can get her to a baby clinic before but she was plotting on the 98th centile! She was 9lb when she was born so she is doing really well with the weight gain considering she's EBF. She is quite long as well so was outgrowing her sleep suits length ways as well! She's my 3rd and my first two were no where near as big!

• I know Bednest hire for £69 xx google them and give them a call 😊 xx

• Oh Sophia! She's beautiful and I love her name. She's such a big girl!! My Lorelei was born full term 40 weeks to the day and in the 5th percentile. I'm a pretty small women, so maybe this has a role in her size. She weighed 7 pounds ar her one month check and moved to the 9th percentile. 

Rachel I haven't had much success with the scratch mitts either. Theyre all too big and Lorelei tosses them off like no ones business. I do like the built in hand covers on the onseies. Essie, I think I would love them if they stayed on. :(  Lorelei loves to grab her face and scratch herself.  I'm thinking in a few weeks when she's bigger i might find them helpful.

Now that it's been four weeks I know I love the zipper sleeper outfits not the onesies you have to put over baby's head For newborns. I started off I suppose as a novice first time mom trying to keep Lorelei super cute in girlie dresses and what not and quickly realized how unpractical that was. 

Mirela I will have to give that a whirl. I have noticed dairy bothers her as well. And yes, when she sleeps on my chest that really helps. Thanks for the tips. :)

next crazy question... Will my breast ever stop leaking. Im constantly changing out my breast pads and sleeping with s towel. I feel like they're constantly pouring out. 

• Wow Rach, you must make gold top super milk! Sophia's obviously doing well on it!

Mila was only 6lb 6 born, on her due date, so smaller than her sister who was 7lb 4 at 40+4. She was 11lb 9 on thursday at 11+3 so following the 25th centile line now. i don't know why bit I expected her to be bigger than her sister was as she's our second... There's not that much between them though I guess and she defunitedly has the cute chubby rolls now - she was really skinny looking when she was born!

having said scratch mits are pointless here, I completely agree the sleep suits with them built in are brilliant - the problem with the scratch mits is that they don't stay on so the sleep suits have been brilliant.

• Ha ha, I remember asking myself the same question: will they ever stop leaking? 😂

It was crazy, I was not expecting that. But after the breasts "know" exactly how much milk your baby needs, they will calm down 😊 

Xx

• mila is such a cutie!! My Lorelei was 6 pounds 7 ounces. So almost the same weight. I expected her to be bigger too. I had a sonogram 2 days before she was born and try estimated her weight to be 7 pounds 2 ounces. I don't know why but I expected her to be more than there estimate. Guess I was wrong. I didn't even want to buy any newborn clothes because I was convinced she wouldny fit in them long. Hehe. And she's 4 weeks old today and still doesn't fit into newborn clothes. 

I got our sleeper bassinet at target here in the states for about $60. 

Mirela I hope you're right. I feel like I'm covered in milk all the time. 😮  

• We were gifted several mitts that were elasticated at the wrist which were amazing but the ones without were a pain in the backside lol xx

• imageThis is my next to me it was only £150 from mothercare it's truly the best buy!! X 

• I've been looking at these Alba.  Very tempted to get one as my little one won't settle to sleep in moses basket. 

• Sunny5, they're lovely!! And Chicco next2me is slightly bigger that the other bedside cots xx  Having a bedside cot is lovely!! It's so worth it! 😊 

Baby dreamer - it will get better! 😊 x

• Its large  would say takes up just under half the length of our double, it will last my bubba for ages. its just  great to be able to whip my hand in for a dummy and bits in the night time. 

also just started to use our stokke harness for short trips and my life is transformed! X 

• If anyone needs anything from NCT shop (they have bedside cots for sale too), they have 15% off today with the code FESTIVE15

Just in case anyone needs it xx

• Hi everyone, for some of you, we know it's going to be your first Christmas with your new baby, and we wondering if you're doing anything different as a result? If so, please do come and tell us over on this thread! Thanks.

• Hello lovely mums, we just wondered, did any of you receive a 'push present' from your other half (apart from a baby obviously!!!). If you did, won't you come and tell us over here?

Also, do any of you send Christmas cards anymore? Or receive them? Come and tell us over here.

We really hope you're all doing well?