Forum home Babies Baby

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Did you manage much sleep Squeak...its amazing how quickly you forget how to cope on the broken sleep isn't it! Xxx

• Squeak!

I'm so with you on this we have also had 4-5 weeks broken sleep ( 2ish hours ) i really don't know what else to try. Do you think this will pass cause at the moment I cannot see an end to it. Rowan slept though for about 6 weeks so this was a shock when he started waking again. 

I miss my sleep lol xx

• Broken sleep is usually pain or hunger so if they aren't in pain try starting a solid to last them thru till morning x 

It's usually only a spoonful or two at the beginning but it helps x

• Snap, Deian also still waking, last night it was every 2 hours. I think his is pain but the only way for him to go back to sleep is feeding. He might be being referred to a dietician and paediatricia, hv think he may have some sort of milk intoleranc. Usually when he has a bad night he is a nightmare in the day too, and I'm meant to be going for afternoon tea today, not good with a crying baby! 

at least I'm not alone with the sleepless nights, also thought it was a 4 month sleep regression, but these have started at 3 months? 

• Also...B was in a swinging crib (locked off) and where she is so restless at night it moves a tiny bit and I think that was waking her up...I have put her in the travel cot the last couple of nights where she can spin round in a circle if she wants lol...we have had 2 nights of 8 solid hours so fingers crossed...if this continues I may move her to her proper cot in her own room despite her not being 6 months as Daddys alarm wakes her at 5am and I think she may go a bit longer if it wasn't for that!

Also she had her first taste of fruit puree yesterday as she is now over 17wks and I think she has been ready for ages...she loved it...has anyone else started solids yet?xx

• Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear some of you are having a tough time with sleeping. It really is hard work when they're waking that often. 

I've been really lucky with Jacob and the last couple of weeks he's slept between 9 and 10 hours. So we're having a really good chunk of sleep. However, he hasn't had his last jabs yet. They're not till 3rd May so he may go backwards then!

I'm busy planning his christening at the minute. He's being done on 1st May, so looking forward to that 😊

I've just started giving Jacob a couple of spoons of baby rice before his morning bottle and bedtime bottle. He's so ready for more but I darent give him anymore just yet as he's only 16 weeks, bless him.

When are you all back at work?? I've got just over 4 months and I'm back 😠 best start thinking about nursery for Jacob! Sad times x

• Www.sleepsense.net 

Just seen this about why babies won't sleep. Not had chance to have a read but it may help some of you xx

• Rosalie has had rusk once and the fruit puree once and kind of liked them....she's struggling with eating, actually getting it into her mouth is easy but she's not too sure what to do with it!! Most spills down her chin but we shall keep trying a little bit at a time x 

Good luck with sleeping over the weekend hopefully the lack of an alarm clock will help too ;)

• Morning ladies, 

Sorry to hear that some of you are struggling with the sleep too but the selfish side of me is pleased that's it's not just us. 

We started weaning about two weeks ago and Josh is 17+2. He is having puree at 5pm after a milk feed and inhales a whole Ellas Kitchen sachet most evenings and it hasn't made a difference to his sleep. This wasn't the reason we started though, he's more than ready and is really enjoying it. There hasn't been a flavour so far that he hasn't liked. 

All our jabs are done now so just keeping everything crossed that when this leap is finished at 19 weeks that things start to settle down a bit!

The only positive thing to happen this week is that I now lost 2 stone 8 and I'm 4lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and I managed to fit into my wedding dress for the first time. Still a bit of work to go but I feel much happier now.

• Oh Squeak well done...thats really impressive 😆

Good that Josh is enjoying a variety of food too...that has settled it for me, we shall start when we come back from Devon!

B has slept 9-5 the last 3 nights, unfortunately I have been wide awake from about 1-3 :-( ridiculous!

Swanny I dont want to think about work at all but will need to start looking for a new job in about August I guess :-( Would rather win the lottery between now and then tho 😆😆😆

• Morning ladies,

Well it seems as though the sleep issues have hit us now!!! Last night I got an hour's sleep in total and he wanted a feed at 1am.....this hasn't happened in weeks! 😧 needless to say, today will be spent in Pjs, napping!

Well done on the weight loss squeak! That's really good 😊 I've lost 11lb so far. But I have a loooooong way to go before I get back to my pre children body! I've put on 6 stone over the course of 4 years with havibg babies 😠 I'll get there though....they're so worth it too!

Jacob has been having bits of food! He's had pear, banana, baby porridge, sweet potato and carrot! I'm good at making my own food at the moment but I don't think it will last much longer! Lol.

Well today is a year since I found out I was pregnant with Jacob....1 whole year!! It's flown by!!

Got little man's christening on Sunday, looking forward to that 😊 anyone else have any plans for the bank holiday weekend? X

• I am definitely bigger now that before pregnancy, none of my clothes fit but I don't have any scales to weigh myself. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, I'm just in denial still lol

i tried Deian with baby rice and he wouldnt have it, but I was trying the same time as a bottle so I think he knew it was formula ha I still don't think he is really ready anyway, he doesn't open his mouth for food etc he sits with us at the table when we are eating and I give him a spoon to play with but he mainly drops it. 

He is waking about twice a night for feeds now and then i usually put him in with me about 6, because he starts moaning then. So tired it's like having a newborn! X

• Hi all,

Well im sorry to say Rowan is 20 weeks tomorrow and we are right in the thick of the broken sleep! 

I don't won't anyone to think I'm lucky with this but before I was pregnant I was 10st3 a size 10. I went up to 11st 1 when pregnant. ( I seemed to lose half a stone in first trimester. And now I am 9st 4, a size 8. But in the same way your not happy with getting back to pre pregnancy weight, I was happy as I was and cannot seem to get back there. I think biggest problem is I don't find time to eat as I fuss over Rowan too much. Also hoping when I'm not breastfeeding I may gain a bit. Also had the implant fitted today so that may get me back to where I was. I wouldn't mind but I don't want to have to buy new clothes as I like all my old ones lol 😊.

Rowan is having his baby porridge every morning at the minute and he loves it. But doesn't make any difference to night sleep. Have made some purees for freezer for when he is ready to try a bit at tea time. I made sweet potato. And avacado and banana. Looking forward to the weaning bit but I know it will be messy. 

Are any any of you doing baby led weaning? Or all off a spoon?

xx

• Hope Everyone had a lovely weekend.

We were in Devon last week...lovely first family holiday :-)

Gaeaf I think the lack of sleep is harder than when they were newborns somehow :-)

Danielle it doesnt matter what other people think, you know when you feel right for you.

Wanted to hold out for baby-led but Beatrice was so ready now...just baby rice so far...here is a pic of her looking far too grown-up in her highchair xxximage

• Oh Hadepop - Beatrice looks SO grown up! Where did that go???

While we're here, we were hoping we could pick your brains please? We're wondering what you guys know about baby nests/baby pods? Have you heard of them? If you have one or want one for your baby?

We've started a new thread about them and would love any feedback you have. Thank you!

• Hi ladies 

Sorry I've been a bit rubbish the last few weeks, had a few really tough ones with the broken sleep and everything else that was going on. 

So I finally made the decision last week to stop breastfeeding during the day. After nearly 5 months I well and truly feel like I have done my bit. I want my body back and to be able to have some me time as I've only ever spent 3 hours away from joshua. I was mega worried about switching to formula as I have heard some horror stories and Josh isn't the best at taking bottles. However, the switch over has been really good which has helped me feel less guilty about it. He's already into the routine of a feed every 4 hours and is taking 6-7oz per feed apart from the morning one where he takes about 4. 

We have already seen some big changes, he goes down straight away between 7-7.30 which he never did so we feel like we have our evening back and the best thing is that he is sleeping through until 5.30. 

Apart from that, not much to report. I held off on the weaning as I didn't want to bombard him with too many changes at once. 

Here's a couple of pictures 

• Oh Squeak, let go of that guilt! 5 months breastfeeding is a brilliant achievement! And he looks perfectly happy and healthy, so instead of beating yourself up, give yourself a pat on the back!

Do any of you advice for this new mum - she has a one week old baby and is having a really hard time feeding him. Her thread can be found here. We're sure she'd appreciate any advice you can pass on!

• Squeak, Josh looks so happy, you've clearly done great feeding him this long!

I am struggling with weaning...B had baby rice and loved it so she had one small amount (5 spoons) everyday for 4 days...Unfortunately this stopped her sleeping through...she woke a minimum of twice each night, so I stopped. Yesterday she was trying to grab my dinner (roast chicken) so I thought ok i'll try her and she had 5 spoons of banana porridge at about 6:30 which I made with formula...she then had only 4 of her usual 6oz before bed at 8. Her sleep was awful...she had 3oz at 11pm...3oz at 1am 4oz at 5am and I got up to soothe her approx 8 times in between...she was crying out and thrashing around.

Ive never heard anyone have these issues...is she just not ready...is she allergic to something? With the rice i tried feeding her at diff times of day and it made no difference :-( 

Should I just give up and wait 6 weeks and try baby led? Any advice anyone?

Cant ask my HV as she is adamant you should do baby led at 6 months and thats it x

• Hi all, hadepop I'm sorry but I guess I'm an 'old fashioned momma' if rose is having a hungry day she takes more but we seem to vary day by day....still upto 7 oz every 3/4 hours but solids are quite sparodic at the min

We tried every tea time with a few spoons of fruit puree (that says from 4 months ) but it made her constipated so I have gone back to rusk at bedtime but because she's struggling to get it off a spoon I put in into her last bottle and sofar she seems to be happy with it and is back to sleeping thru x 

Instead of a 7 oz formula bottle I have done an 8 oz water with a chunk of rusk (about 1/3rd of the whole rusk) and then add 6 scoops of formula - to try stop her being bunged up ;)  I guess it's kind of a mid step to weaning lol not used any specific weaning system, I feed them when they're hungry so if baby is more interested in what I'm eating at breakfast rather than at lunch then breakfast would be a better time to introduce food. As baby grows they tend to eat what we eat (instead of baby food jars ) so they naturally sync into mealtimes.

It's a work in progress for a while tho lol

• Hi! 

Squeak Joshua looks like hes thriving. Where did you get the thing he's laying on in his crib?  Like you I have just finished the transition from breast to bottle. Elliott has jumped up 2 lines on the chart and is now under scrutiny for being too heavy. Jeez you can't win! Incidentally he's still not sleeping well, waking anything from 3-10 times a night. I've developed anxiety, partially due to lack of sleep and currently sat in Dr's waiting to talk it through. 

Elliott is 24 weeks Fri,  we've started a little weaning,  doesn't like rice but loving sweet potato,  but he only has a tiny amount.  I've had different hvs telling my to do different things so like busymamma I'd say go with what you feel your baby wants/needs and if something doesn't work one day leave it and try again some other time. 

Do you still have your babies in your rooms?  Going to try Elliott in a big cot next month but need to buy one first and a monitor and high chair. Xx