Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Hi ladies.

This weaning malarkey is hard work isn't it?!?! Although I've been quite lucky with Jacob, he's easier weaning than Joshua was.

He's a big boy anyway....weighed 2 weeks ago and He's 18lb 1oz and 70cm long.

He will wake between 5am and 66am and have 6oz of milk, then he'll have breakfast about 9am usually baby porridge or fruit puree, then he'll have a bottle about 11 of 5oz and then around 2-3pm another bottle about 5oz then he'll have some kind of vegetable puree at around 4:30-5pm and then a bottle at around 7pm for bed. He will generally sleep through then till 5ish. However he had a couple of nights in hospital and it set him back a bit but he seems to be back in the swing of it.

Hadepop...It's a case of trial and error. With Joshua, we tried about 4 months and he was like B, so we tried again at 5 months and he was ok. Ignore your health visitor she doesn't know your baby like you.

Squeak...Joshua looks a darling, formula seems to be suiting him 😊

Busymamma...It's all a game really isn't it to see what suits your baby?! 

Sunny...sorry to hear your feeling a bit anxious, I hope you feel better soon.

Those ladies with older children....Joshua won't leave me alone at the moment he will only have me do things with him. Jacob is nearly 19weeks, do you think it's a delayed reaction??

Here's a recent one of Jacob...xximageimage

• Sunny5, really sorry to hear your suffering, but at least your at the doc - will you let us know what they say?

Weaning is hard! Well it was my second - she didn't actually start eating properly until 9months old, now she won't stop!

Also, while we're here, we've just started a new thread about baby groups and classes, and wondered if you might fancy telling us about any you've been to, what you've paid, were they good or a bit rubbish? Please do check out the thread, over here! We'd love to hear your thoughts.

• Squeak I agree, he looks adorable !

Sunny, hope all goes well with gp, anxiety isn't easy to live with but you can put steps into place to make it easier x just trust yourself and use h/v advice as and if needed and remember anyone can do a course to be a health visitor, but it never gives them hands on experience with your baby ( nevermind all govt guidelines they have to adhere to!) you've been Elliott's mom everyday from conception and you know him best x

Swanny, Jacobs a little cracker eh? What a cheeky smile ;)

Only advice I could offer about siblings being clingy is that they all go thru it from time to time, my 5 yr old suddenly needs extra hugs and cuddles at bedtime and is constantly wanting to be next to me....just lots of cuddles and reassurance and it passes - usually around the time the next phase starts lol

• Thanks busymamma, that's what I'm doing but it does get tiresome sometimes! I'm on holiday at the moment with my mum and sister and Joshua only wants me to do things with him! Hopefully it will pass soon 😊

• Hope u have a great time swanny x 

So.ething we do is to explain that someone else ( dad, bro, nan ) needs someone to play a game / watch a show/ do a task with etc and could they help them do this?  When they are done with that come find mommy and we can get a treat (mine like marshmallows in hot chocolate lol) it gives you some time and gives them 1on 1 time with someone else.

Another thing we have tried is to have a date, this could be going somewhere for a milkshake or going to the shop just for an item they choose or a play at the swings....just so they get a little while with just me or just dad.

Our 5yr old likes her time with us just before bed so every Friday when we go up to bed ( early around 10ish) she comes onto our bed for half hour, usually helps dad demolish some cookies too but she loves her Friday nights with us x

One has time at training on Sunday morning, our 9 yr old likes to come with when dad walks the dog - then I guess they had quality time and so are less inclined to cling so much as they know when is a good time to get mom or dad alone.

Then again. Mine are slightly older so it may take more reassurance for a little one x

I know it can be challenging but stick with it...we all get a bit insecure about something at some point and just need a bit more attention for a while - no matter how old we are ;)

Hi ladies, i don't post very often but Im always on the look out for what's going on with everyone and their babies.. I think we're all doing a terrific job even though this whole motherhood lark is filled with self doubt. I'm so worried that William isn't having enough feeds in the day, and that we have very little routine to speak of but I take one look at him and can see he is happy therefore I should just chill out!  Easier said than done sometimes I know! Next step is weaning...who knows what fun lies ahead! X

• Natalie what a lovely picture, he looks very smart! We don't have much of a routine either, I'm thinking of trying to put Deian for a nap at certain times during the day, he either sleeps for hours or not at all but usually goes to bed about 7, tonight was 6! 

i think 4/5 months of breastfeeding is great. really I would like to stop but Deian is still refusing bottle and waiting to see a dietician. I'm going to try him with carrot purée tomorrow. I'm going on a spa afternoon Friday and so worried he is going to want feeding, I don't think I'll be able to relax in the spa anyway ha

he is sleeping a lot better but I'm still knackered. He wakes about once a night for a feed now but I've got into a bad habit of putting him in bed with me when he is moaning to try and get sleep. I've just put him back in his crib tonight so hope I can keep him there. 

Sunny- hope the doctor helped with your anxiety, it's an awful thing and sleep deprivation does not help! Xx

• Thank you!  Dr was great,  when I heard myself telling her what I've been going through with losing my FIL,  problems with big kids and crappy sleep, a slow weight gain breast fed baby and a not very hands on hubby, I was able to identify just why I was feeling like I do. She didn't want to put me on meds (I agreed). She prescribed me some 'me time' and suggested I am more forthcoming with asking my hubby for help. Also suggested I plan some things to do away from Elliott as until now I've done very little so I'm going to book a spa day for Cerys and I next month as it'll be a break for her mid gcse too. I'm also going to go out with my best friends for a night out soon, yikes! Also I feel I've identified things that make me anxious and panicky and going to do things to help myself. It's all common sense stuff really and can't believe I've not noticed I was going downhill but when youre sleep deprived and losing the plot it's hard to see.

Here's a recent pic of my littlest man.

• imageimage

Hi everybody...

Squeak I'm the same as you at the minute I have swapped to more bottles. My routine is I feed him first thing in the morning. I get showered while husband is still in bed and they watch peppy pig together lol. Then I get Rowan washed and dressed. He then has his apple and oat porridge which is absolutely loves. Then he is ready for his morning nap at about half 8. ( he wakes up about 6-6.30). He then has bottle between half 10-11. Then between 2-3 then bath at about 6 then another bottle. Then bed about 7-8ish I feed him in the evening if he wants it and if he wakes in the night. 

Most of the time it sort of works lol. I think we have done well to get this far breastfeeding as i feel it drains everything from you. I have treated myself to a pandora charm made from Breastmilk and it has some of Rowan's hair in cased in there as well. It's currently being made cannot wait to get it. I thought it's a lovely keepsake. 

Rowan has been in his big cot for about a month as he is very long and puts his arms out which were poking through the side of his crib. But he is still in my bedroom and I'm putting off putting him in his own room feels like he will be too far away even though it's only about 10 steps away lol. 

Has any of your little ones rolled over yet... Sat up? Rowan hasn't rolled yet he is trying too but not quite there yet..

All of our babies look so grown up its crazy has time is flying by.. 

Sunny. Elliot looks very healthy and happy not overweight and your doing a great job... I think it will be good for you to have some you time I deffo need some lol.

Here is a couple of pics ...

• Sunny5, it's sometimes so hard to see the wood for the trees - you're so busy taking care of everyone, you need someone to look after you. Sometimes, we can also feel like an extension of our babies, rather than an actual person, so I reckon some YOU time will be great. I used to look forward to my weekly food shopping trip as this was time alone for me. Sounds quite sad really - now the kids have infiltrated that time too!!! Nothing is sacred!

And remember, you can always vent here!

• Hello everyone! We're doing a thread about teething and wondered if you have any tips? Teething gels, toys, necklaces? Does anything actually work? If so, please can you come and share them on this new thread.

• Hi ladies, received the soother steralise today, thanks MFM and Milton x days out are going to be a bit easier especially as Rosalie's newest trick is launching her dummy ! 

• Hi all, so great to see so many mice pictures of the bubba, they have all grown up so much already. 

The quilt that Josh is lying on is frim John Lewis - I love the next to me but the mattress is sooo hard so he sleeps on this. I also move it into his cot when he sleeps in there for the first part of the night so it smells the same. 

I started to wean Josh a few weeks ago and his sleep got really bad. Not sure if it was related. I then stopped and his sleep didn't change much but he's now coming out of the regression and regulating his naps alot better! 

The bottle feeding is still going really well which I'm pleased about as it had made the transition alot easier. Will start some babu lead weaning in the next few weeks as he is more than ready.

Josh can roll over from front to back and nearly from back to front. He can sit forward on his own but is still a bit wobbly. He's deffo ready to be weaned.

Also received our Molton steriliser - thanks so much! 

• image Loving all the pics! Sunny, glad you are feeling better, I can empathise with the not very hands on OH! I like Squeak stopped the weaning due to the sleep issues, and am waiting til 6 months to start baby led, its a shame as psychologically shes definitely ready but obviously not physically...B has been rolling from back to front since 14 weeks but wont do front to back...she too can sit a bit wobbly :-)

Hope you had a lovely holiday Swanny...

I am thinking of returning to work a bit earlier than 1yr to try and salvage my career (and money earning capability) and not taking redundancy...it will mean leaving B for 2 days/1 night per week from 15 months old...is that selfish?

I also received my soother steriliser, thankyou MFM and Milton xxx

• Hadepop....I must be a total sick of a mother if going back to work when your baby is 15 months old is selfish hun! Joshua was 8 months old when I had to go back to work and Jacob will be the same. I just can't afford to have the 12 months off with the last chunk being unpaid. If you need to do that to look after your little family then it doesn't matter what people think, you do what's right for you xxx

I had to have a chat with my boss yesterday about firming up dates and things so that made it a bit more real for me. 5th September I go back. Need to sort childcare out!

I had a lovely holiday! Not at all restful with 2 kiddies but nice all the same.

Jacob is still going well with the solids. He's on 2 meals a day at the moment, but his milk intake is starting to drop a bit now so I think he's ready for me to up it a bit. Still waking about 4ish for a feed so gonna start weaning him off that and cutting the amount he has down. He's not really taking to water or juice though!

I've taken Jacob swimming this afternoon, he really does love swimming like his big brother!

How's everyone enjoying this sunshine?? I'm enjoying drying washing on the line! Sad I know! Lol xx

• Oh wow sounds like your little ones are doing great! Deian isn't rolling, when on the mat he just lies there playing, no interest in moving lol he is quite steady sitting up for a few seconds before falling. 

Mive been today to start weaning Deian on purées, he is 5 months tomorrow, because he isn't putting on enough weight. He has been referred to a dietician as they think he may have a dairy allergy. I'm still breastfeeding because of that and he won't take a bottle Still. 

i havnt taken Deian swimming yet, thinking of signing up to water babies. Do you recommend any floats for babies or do you just hold them in the water?  I am loving the sunshine, although it's just started raining! Need some outside toys now.

thank you Danielle for the Milton steriliser! It's handy when the baby likes to throw dummies when out! Lol i stayed in my mums aswell and took it along x

• Don't worry Gaeaf, Jacob has no interest in rolling either! He's done front to back a couple of times but that's it. Nothing at all really, but like deian he likes sitting up and is quite good 😊

How is he liking food?? Hope they sort his diet out, poor thing!

We have a sit in seat for Jacob at swimming but we use that when we go as a family....I take him to a parent and baby splash by myself and I just hold him at that xx

• Hi everyone. Sorry to interrupt, but for those of you with toddlers or older kids, would you mind eversomuch helping us out with this thread about scooters please? We'd love to hear if your child has one, and a little info if possible? Thank you!

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about two new threads we've started today.
    The first is about weddings - are you going to any this summer, and if so, are your kids invited? That one's over here.

The second thread is about the classic Mr Men and Little Miss books - if you have a child already, you can win them a Mr Men themed party. That thread is over here!

Do feel free to come and check them out!

• Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you know about some new threads which we thought you might be able to help with?

The first is how did you handle your baby's jabs? Do come and tell us how you and your baby survived them on this thread here!

The other thread is from a newbie - she's having her second baby and would like to to know, should she buy a double buggy? That thread is over here!

Thank you!