Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Hi buttefly, William really wasn't keen on the crib for the first few nights so I laid a dress that I had been wearing down over his sheet so he could smell something familiar, I was sure it wouldn't work but it did seem to settle him, not an immediate solution but a definite improvement x

• Oh and good luck swanny, I'll be thinking of you! X

• Just a thought but are you using the same Moses basket for daytime and night time?? Keeping to one might be a hassle but might make a difference.

Also Rosalie won't settle if she's covered in a blanket, she has to be wrapped / swaddled ( as did a couple of our others as babies) and I have heard that it comforts them and makes them feel secure out of moms arms so again might be worth trying if you haven't already x

• Not sure if you have tried these already but these may be worth a go....

Keep to one Moses basket / crib for day and night....more hassle but less confusion

Keep light levels low as possible for night feeds and voice very low, interference to a minimum so they get used to the difference between daytime ( bright lights chatty, cuddly, clothes changing etc feed times)  and night time feeds 

Does baby like to be swaddled ?  - Rosalie does. Especially at night - like some of her siblings did !

Don't tip toe around them when they sleep in the day, go around as normal hoover chat TV phones ringing etc.    Trust me they get used to sleeping thru noisy times and learn not to wake at the slightest creek or whisper as they grow up. If they learn to sleep in silence they will usually wake at the slightest sound as a toddler.

Hope these tips can help settle into a routine x

• Jacob James Swann born 31/12/15 at 22:47pm weighing 8lb 5oz...and I did it naturally!!! Over the moon! Ill post my story when I get chance xximage

• Congratulations swanny xx Jacob is gorgeous!!! And we'll done you xxxx.

• Amazing, well done Swanny, so chuffed for you...he's lovely xxx

• Ah swanny so thrilled to hear this news this morning. Joshua is so cute and clever boy managing a natural delivery after everything you went through and a previous c section. And you made it in 2015 😄

Happy New Yeareveryone. Looking forward to a year of fun with our babies.  

• OMG Swanny, you only did it!!!! You had your baby boy, no section and in 2015! You are incredible! Congratulations on your gorgeous boy Jacob x x

• Hi ladies, I hope you are all getting on well. 

Congrats Swanny sneaking in there right at the last minute! 

I'm feeling really good, Joshua is sleeping and feeding really well so I feel pretty normal. My stitches have come out already and I've pretty much stopped bleeding so one week on I couldn't be more happy. 

Thought share a couple of photos that were taken today with you

• Oh bless squeak....He's just adorable!! 😊 and lovely how you seem to be healing really nicely!! Makes it much easier doesn't it?!

We're still in hospital, hopefully coming out tomorrow. Not for me, Jacob isn't feeding enough, he has lots of mucus so that's not helping bless him. However, Joshua met his little brother today and it was the most adorable thing ever! He walked in a said "it's my best friend" and " he's so beautiful" bless himimage

• Squeak and swanny lovely pictures! 

is anyone having a newborn photo shoot? I love the pictures of the babies all curled up but think we will be having a family shoot in a couple of months, when I'm feeling half acceptable for photos! 

• imageMorning all! I have to say I think we all created beautiful babies :-) xxx

• Hello ladies, beautiful pictures of your newborns. 

A rather personal question but it is easier to ask on here - is anyone suffering emotionally? I cry so much and feel really sad inside - I love Henry and being around him but just feel so sad and low. I have no one to talk to about it really which is quite isolating and my partner is struggling to balance everything else because of my csection. 

I didn't expect this and am totally unprepared. 

Anyway I am sorry if I put a downer on anything I just needed to talk about it a little.

• Aww runner it is completely normal to feel emotional right now - all those pregnancy hormones are trying to leave your body while your body is trying to regulate a new "normal" supply,  I know I can hold my hand up and say I have had a few fragile days lately where I just need a big hug and someone to make a cuppa and say it will be okay 

On top if all the hormonal junk going on there's also the physical side to healing, don't do too much and make sure you take advantage of the painkillers we can now use !!! I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow and still useing paracetamol and ibuprofen to make the day easier.

You can talk to us in here but I do also think about getting some human contact that's not hubby, invite a friend for a coffee or when you feel upto it try out a mommy and me morning.

Also chat to the midwife or health visitor about how you feel and see what suggestions they have.

Sending hugs xxxxx

• Hey runner. First of all sending you hugs xxx

You certainly aren't alone in how you are feeling.  It's normal to have low days. We've been through a huge change. Add to that major surgery,  lack of sleep, uncertainty of how to care for a newborn (and with Christmas chucked in the mix) there's little wonder we're not feeling great.

Do you mind me asking if there is anything specific you feel sad about? And are there any aspects of being mum to Henry that you are worrying about?xxx

• Lovely pictures ladies! We all have gorgeous babies! 

Runner, first of all well done for actually having the balls to say how you are actually feeling. That in itself is a really positive thing!

I can only echo what the other ladies havw said, don't beat yourself up about it. With every high comes a low and you have been looking forward to this for 9 months so there's bound to be a bit of an anti climax at some point.

I've been weirdly emotional about things that I wouldn't normally be. I'm also waiting for the whole 'i should feel crap and the baby blues have hit ' as I don't feel like I have had a baby. Everything has gone back to normal apart from having the responsibility of looking after Joshua. 

• runner I echo what the others have said. It is a very emotional time and I'm sure the time of year, Xmas makes things 10 times worse. I was crying a lot and feeling emotional but the last few days I've been feeling ok. Mine was mainly Down to I felt my hubby wasn't helping enough, even tho the first few days he was brilliant, he started to go back to normal routines that's when I cried but he soon starting helping again.

but I would definitely talk to your midwife or health visitor about how your feeling, even just as a soundboard might make you feel better and they can keep an eye on you! Xx

• Hi runner how are you feeling today? ☺ x 

Alfie Robert Peel, born 27/12/15 at 01:08am weighing 8lb2oz!