Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Hiya sunny, how you doing today? We hope you're as good as you can Elliott's looking after you (if only he could make a cuppa!)

Hi everyone else too. We were wondering, did you wash your babies clothes before they wore them for the first time? We're having a bit of a chat about it in the MFM office and would love to hear what you think over on this new thread!

• Hey everyone, we were wondering if you might have any tips on getting your baby to sleep? It can be anything you like that's worked for you. If so, please could you come and tell us on this new thread HERE. Thank you! 

• Hi all...Beatrice is 6 months today...obligatory pic below...

How are you feeling now Sunny?

How have all the babied been during the Thunder & Lightning?

Xxx

• Thank you Danielle and hadepop. I've had a more positive week so far. I'm sure it's not the tablets working yet but just relief that I've asked for help I think. 

Elliott woke last night when the storm started and he needed settling with a few cuddles.

Happy 6 months Beatrice 😊 she's so fair like Elliott. 

Went to weigh in yesterday and he's s an ounce shy of 20lbs, that's almost a stone and a half!  He's 7 months on Monday and is pretty much going into 9-12 month clothes in some things. I'm only a lightweight and I've recently started weight training at home which I think will be coming in handy if he carries on at this rate x

• Hi everyone, it's been a while so we wanted to check in and see how it's all going.

Sunny5, how have you been this week? 

• Hi ladies,

How is everyone?? It's wet where we are today! Bloomin awful!! 

How are all the gorgeous babies doing??

Sunny I hope you are feeling OK?

Anyone heard from squeak? Think her wedding is coming up soon isn't it??

Jacob seems to be doing really well! He's 6 months old tomorrow. Can't believe how fast it's gone! He's been weighed this morning and he's 20lb 11oz and inbetween the 91st and 98th centile! Last time his length was measured he was off the chart!! 

He's on 3 small meals a day now and his milk but still wakes at 4am for milk. So I've got a couple of things to try to get him to go a couple of hours longer. Especially with me working again in 10 weeks 😭

Here was my little fella yesterday xx

imageimage

• Cracking photo Swanny and sounds like you've got a great routine going with the food. Have you tried giving Jacob water at that 4am wake up instead of milk? 

How you feeling about going back to work? 

While we're here, we were hoping to pick your brains... we've just started a new thread about coping with c-section scars (if you had a section) or vaginal stitches if you had a vaginal birth. If you have any golden tips, we'd love for you to come and share them on this new thread please. Thank you! 

• imageimageimage

Hi ladies,

Just checking in as seems none of us have time anymore lol,

How are you all getting on with weaning? Rowan is 7 months old and on 3 smallish meals a day. How much milk does your littles still have? Rowan is now fully on the bottle but just wondering how many oz the others still have in a 24 hour period? He still has no teeth after months of teething! 

They have all grown much, anybody thinking of anymore babies? 😊😊

Here is a pic of my baby boy...

• Hi Danielle244, we can not believe how much Rowan has grown! Sounds like you have the weaning down to a T! How much milk is he having during the day? 

• Hi everyone, do you have children aged 4 to 11? If so, we’re running a school uniform product test and are looking for children to take part. To enter to be a tester, all you have to do is post on THIS THREAD the age of your child and whether you have a boy or girl. 

You’d get to keep all the uniform you’re sent, and there’s a chance to win a lovely gift voucher too, so it’s win, win! 

Please do come and check out the product test on THIS THREAD so you know what it’s all about. 

• Hi everyone, there are two things we’re talking about on the forum today.

The first is, do you think smoking should be banned in playgrounds and parks? That’s over on this thread HERE!

The other thing we’re talking about are these lyrics to a song (see pic), a child was sent home with to learn for their school production which really poke fun at parent’s evening… do you think this sends kids the wrong the message? Please do check out this thread, over HERE!

Thank you!  

• Hi everyone, 

We wanted to let you know about our brand new MadeForMums Toys, where children rate and review toys on video. And some of these children might even belong to you!

Please do come and check out the videos, we would REALLY appreciate any comments you have - good or bad!  

You can post comments on our YouTube channel, or please head over to this THREAD - we truly would love to hear what you think. Thank you so much! 

• Hi guys, we were just wondering if you might have any advice for this newbie - her baby is 6 weeks old and terribly constipated. If you have any wise words, she's over on this thread. Thank you. 

• Hi everyone, we've just been going back through this thread from the beginning and it's amazing to see how those tiny babies have grown and changed! Are any of your babies on the move - crawling or cruising? 

sunny5, we hope you're looking after yourself and your meds have kicked in. We'd love to hear how you're doing. 

Squeak185 - are you married now? If so, won't you share a wedding picture? 

Danielle244, my first child din't have any teeth until she was 1 - is Rowan coping ok with the teething? 

We're also running a thread about how big your baby was at birth, and whether they were bigger or smaller than you were told to expect. Read all about it over here on THIS thread. We'd love to hear how your baby measured up. 

We'd love to hear from you all if you get a moment - and we hope you're staying cool on this scorching day! 

• Hi ladies....

How are we all doing?? HOw are all the babies coping in this heat?? Jacob isn't a fan 😳 but I'm not to be honest!

And stupidly I thought ud walk to and from town today.....it's 45 minutes each way and involves lots of hills!! Stupid I know!

Jacob is 6 and a half months now and doing well. He cut his first tooth on 7th July! He's really struggling though bless him.

He's sitting up unaided and rolling now, so we're moving but here slowly! Lol. 

We had our first family of 4 holiday last week, was lovely! Here are a few snaps X

imageimageimageimage

• Swanny85, you must have sweated bucket loads on that walk - it's intense out there! 

Gorgeous holiday pics, did Jacob love the sand? The teething can be so hard on the babies - have you tried some cold carrot sticks for him to chew on? 

• Hi! 

Yes the meds are working wonders and I am now one chilled mummy again, phew! 

Elliott was his big sister's date for prom a few weeks ago, I'll pop a pic on in a min. He turns 8m a week today. No teeth yet but unusually it's his top ones bulging white through his gums and no sign of any on the bottom. 

Looks like you had a lovely hol swanny,  we are going to Sheffield this weekend for ice hockey tournament then to new forest mon-fri. Can't wait 😊

image image image image

• sunny, we can't tell you how happy we are the medication has kicked in and you're doing better. We are SO glad to hear this! And that prom picture is THE BEST!

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all really well. We we're wondering for those of you with more than one child, when it's one of your children's birthday, do you buy their sibling a gift so they don't feel left out? Please do come and let us know over on THIS NEW THREAD! 

• Hi guys!

Where does the time go? Beatrice will be 7 months on Saturday! Swanny looks like you had a lovely holiday and Sunny great to hear you are feeling so much better!

I had a work meeting last week and they are considering letting me return with 2 days in the new office and 2 days from home, it means being away 1 night per week but also means I get my old job back and will have a Friday off completely...hopefully I will know soon. They may want me back in October which is a bit sooner than I planned but its to run a project I want so...yiu cant have everything! I have started investigating childcare, what are your plans?

A few recent pics of B to go with your beautiful boys :-) :-) xxximageimageimage