Forum home Babies Baby

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Wow Hadepop, Beatrice has grown so much! She looks gorgeous! 

How do you feel about having to be away a night per week - and how does your hubby feel about it too? Have you found out yet if they're giving you the hours you want to work? 

Hi everyone else too! We don't suppose any of you had prolonged bleeding post birth? If so, might you be able to help this newbie we have? Her thread is over here...

• i love all these recent pics of the december babies!  here's a picture of Deian. image

Hes a little naggy today so lots of cuddles. 

He sleeps great, goes from 7-8 usually and still has a couple of naps a day. He was last weighed 3 weeks ago and was 17lb2 so putting on lots of weight since he is weaned and on bottles, he has soya formula. 

Ive been told this week that I can go back part time to work, and looking like it will be the middle of November so happy about that. Actually looking forward to going back, I have serious baby brain!

• Gaeaf15, going back to work can be somewhat of an eye opener - you'll get to drink a hot cup of tea for starters! 

Hi to everyone here - we really hope you're all doing good? We've started a new thread today about what's a great gift to give to a new mum? Did you guys get anything good? If so, won't you come and tell us on this new thread here please? 

• Hi ladies,

Hope you're all doing OK?

I've started my keep in touch days today, just been into work for 2 hours. It was actually quite nice. I thought I'd be a bit brain dead! Lol. But actually everything started coming back. Annoying cos I've had to get things reinstalled to mY lap top but hey ho! 

5th September will soon be here!!

How are you all doing?? Getting towards that 12 month mark for the 20 week scans! Can't believe it's August already! X

• Hello everyone,

We just wanted to stop by and let you know about two threads we’re talking about today.

The first is a competition we are running with Dulux. If you have a child who can draw, and fancy trying to nab £500 B&Q vouchers, just have your child draw a picky of their dream bedroom and ask them to tell you about it. Please do read the opening post about how to enter. 

The second thread is about Christmas! Yup, some people are already doing their Xmas shopping… is this insane, or do you think it’s better to start to early! That thread is over here! 

Thank you! 

• afternoon ladies, long time no see !   i seem to have fallen waaayy behind with all of the updates but i will try to catch up soon.

i am loving all the pics of your lovely babies, i cant believe how much they have grown !! i know i have Rosalie here growing like a weed but it seems shocking to see the others sat up and grinning !

well we have been busy busy busy, we are moving house this weekend and with kids off for the summer the whole household is crazy and chaotic but I hope it settles soon, i cant keep up the pace for much longer lol

how is everyone here? Im not sure i will ever catch up on all the thread but i hope you are all well xx

• SO lovely to see your name pop up busymamma! We were wondering where you'd got to! Won't you share a new pic of Rosalie? 

• Hi Busymamma!  So nice to hear from you :-)

I hope you are keeping well - apart from the madness of school holidays and moving home?!

All good in the Swann household!  My big boy is 4 in a few weeks (4?!  Where did that go?!) and little Jacob is now 7 months old!!  He is sitting very well now, rolling, constantly saying da-da-da with the occasional ma-ma-ma, has 2 little teeth poking through at the front now and his newest trick is clapping!!  Growing up far too quickly now :-(  It makes me sad! 

I am currently doing my Keep In Touch days in readiness for going back to work on 5th September - my 10 months maternity leave has gone far too quickly!  I remember breaking up in November thinking September is ages away - then there was the excitement of Christmas and the impending births and things.  Blink of an eye and here we are! :-(

Anyway....here is a piccie of my 2 terrors from Sunday at a Christening.....xximage

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing really well and enjoying the sunshine!

Today we are talking about swaddling your baby - did you swaddle or not? Please do come and let us know on this new thread over here! 

• Swanny, your boys are so alike! So dapper too, and really loving your eldest boys socks!!! 

Hello everyone else too, how are you all doing? 

We wondered, when you named your baby, did any of your friends and family reveal they didn't like the name? If so, won't you tell us about it on this NEW thread? Thank you!

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing really well. 

We are looking for a handful of children aged 3/4/5 years, to test some toys for our forthcoming MadeForMums Toy Awards... your child would get to keep any toys tested and you would have to provide feedback via video (recording your child with the toy via your phone), so if you are interested, please can you drop us an email to: contactus@madeformums.com with this information: 

Full name
    MadeForMums username:
    Child’s name
    Child’s date of birth
    Mobile number
    Postal address

This is on a first come, first served basis and only open to UK peeps, so please drop us a line asap!

• Hi all, 
    Today, we're talking about implantation bleeding and we wondered if any of you experienced this? If so, would you please come and tell us about it over this new thread HERE. We would love to hear your thoughts and experiences. 

• Afternoon Ladies,

How are you all doing??  Did you enjoy the Summer holidays, those with bigger kiddies??

Well today is my first day back after maternity leave!  Sad!  Although I did make it into the office with 10 minutes to spare, so I was pretty impressed with myself.  I do 8-4 Mon-Thurs and 8-3 Friday, so I thought getting in for 8 might be a challenge.  So far so good :-)

How are you all doing??  How are those (not so little) babies doing now?  Seriously can't believe how quickly they are growing up!!! 

Jacob is doing really well.  He will stand holding your fingers and he tries to take a few steps holding your hands.  He has also taken to bum shuffling - his big brother way the same!!  Lol.

I got him weighed a couple of weeks ago and he was 22lb 11oz and is inbetween the 91st ans 98th centile so is a big lad!

Be nice to hear from you all to hear what you have been up to?

Jodie xx

• Hi Swanny!

For some reason i dont think I got the last few notifications! Happy 1st day back and well done for being early!

4 weeks today and I am going back too...ft over 4 days; so have been busy finding a childminder etc.

I will be working 8-6 Mon-Thurs with Tues night away from home :-(

Beatrice is doing really well, sitting up, rolling over, very fast at bum shuffling and still very nosy and inquisitive. She is currently cutting her first 3 teeth, they have cut the gums but seem slow moving, bless her...image

Here is a pic from this morning xxx

• Ah hadepop, she is adorable!!  Teething is horrid isn't it?!  Jacob had his first 2 teeth back in July but we're still waiting for more! :-(  Hope teething isn't bothering B too much??

Ah bless you, not sure I could have a night away from home, so hats off to you for that!  It sucks going back full time doesn't it?! :-(

The first birthdays are gonna be here before we know it aren't they?!  Can't believe how quickly this year has gone!

This was Jacob this morning......

• Still such a happy chappie with that beaming smile! She is pretty grouchy but i try to.keep.on top of it with nurofen etc. When she has a really bad day and so far she has still been sleeping which helps us both deal with it so much better I think!

Was thinking of getting her weighed tomorrow but need to locate her red book first (whoopsie).

To go back part time didnt really make financial sense unfortunately so not much choice, but at least i get 3 whole days with her :-) x

• Hi ladies, just got hadepop response alert but it's first for weeks ! Here's me thinking this thread was forgotten by everyone lol, looks like I missed alot again grrr, wonder why the alerts aren't coming??

• Same as me busymamma, got nothing at all in august! How are you??xx

• I am not sure whether I have been getting them or not! Lol.  I think I have, but I don't think people have posted for a long time.

It is a shame we don't get to catch up as often as we did, but then I guess its a busy life with babies, other children, working etc.

Hadepop - Glad B is still sleeping through it!  Is she a good sleeper?  Jacob is a nightmare for sleeping which isn't great sat at a desk in a warm office! Lol.  Although the last couple of days have improved so maybe we are getting somewhere!

Yes, we don't have the luxury of part time either.  Although I have said when Josh goes to school next year I will definitely cut my hours a bit and probably do 9-3 so I can take him to school and pick him up.  We have booked to go to Ibiza next May so I need to pay for that! Lol.  Although I am dreading it a bit, Jacob will be 17 months old and a terror I am sure!  I have never taken a toddler abroad - when we took Josh he was 9 months old and not mobile, and the other time he was 3 and more self sufficient! ha ha!

Nice to hear from you Busymamma - how is that big family of yours doing?  are you more chilled now they are going back to school??

• Hi Ladies, I am sorry I disappeared suddenly many months ago. I was suffering with PND and Post Natal anxiety so I wasn't coping particularly well.

Things are better now. Henry is developing wondefully and is a happy little soul (luckily my issues didn't affect him). 

I return to work at the end of the month - scary and Henry started nursery today.

Hope you are all well. Here's a photo from a few weeks ago. I don't have a recent decent one unfortunately :-/.