Forum home Babies Baby

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Hi ladies glad to hear you're feeling better now runner, pnd is awful x sending hugs xx

My kids aren't quite back to school yet  the little 3 start end of the week but my one in secondary dosnt have a place at the new school yet....old school is too far to commute to so we have to see if a space opens in the next week or two before appeal process starts - its all so stressful!  We only found out a week ago the primary had accepted all 3 little ones as they had to shuffle to get them in .... fingers crossed for the secondary to sort out now

Here's Rosalie munching a bit of ice cream to sooth her gums....how are all yours feeding now? I swear she's a garbage disposal - nothing she dosent like so far!

• Ah busymamma - look at her munching on that!  Cute!

Jacob is the same - you can't fill him!  The only thing he doesn't like is Tomato Soup and Fishes (bits of bread in it!)  Everything else he has eaten.

He isn't great with finger foods yet though - I have a terrible thing with choking so I spoon fed him pureed stuff.  He chews well, he just likes to shove everything in in one go and it doesn't end well!  He is oOK with wotsits, quavers, thinks like that cos they are soft and melt, but I tried him with toast soldiers last night, but he was literally ramming them in whole!  He only had 2 teeth so couldn't chew that great! 

But food wise, he eats everything we eat, I just mash it up for him now rather than blend it.  He loves a good sunday dinner :-)  But then Josh does too!

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about two very different threads we're talking about today.

The first is, if you have older children, how old were they when they were out of nappies and clean at night time? Please do come and tell us over on THIS THREAD.

The other question we're asking is, when you gave birth (or if you're soon to be) was your husband down the 'business end' or did you keep him firmly level with your head? Please do come and tell us on THIS THREAD here. 

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we were wondering if you have toddlers/pre-schoolers, have they experienced night terrors? If so, won't you please come and tell us about it over on this new thread HERE. Thank you. 

• Hi everyone, we were wondering if you might have some advice for this newbie - her 6month old is EBF and on three meals a day, and she's concerned as he poo's after every feed. Her thread is here if you can help. Thank you! 

• Hi guys, do any of you know anything about being called for jury duty, while on mat leave and you have a new baby and no childcare? If so, might you be able to help one of our members on her thread here please? 

• Hi everyone,
    We just wanted to let you know about a couple of threads that might pique your interest today. 

The first is, what were your worst/most embarrassing pregnancy symptoms. From giant nipples to terrible wind, please do come and share over here ON THIS NEW THREAD!. 

Also, do you have a step-child but went on to have a baby of your own? This lovely newbie is struggling with wanting her own baby, even though her partner already has a child - please do come and check out her thread HERE if you can help. 

Will you miss Mel & Sue on The Great British Bake Off? That's OVER HERE!

And finally, do you have any wise words for this newbie who's expecting her second baby, but after a horrendous birth experience the first time around, she's terrified of giving birth again. Her thread is here. 

• Hi Ladies,

How are you all?

Any of you back at work now?  I am on my third week back now and I am still no closer to it being a bit more 'normal'.  I don't remember it being this hard with Joshua the first time round!

Good luck to any of you that are back, or going back very soon :-)

Can you believe that Christmas seems to be just around the corner again, and can you believe that our babies are going to be 1 very soon?!

• Hi swanny,  I go back to work in 2 weeks. I have mixed feelings about it, particularly worried about whether I'll remember what to do! Elliott is going to nursery one afternoon and mum is having him for the other afternoon. From Nov I'll be adding a 3rd session and my friend is going to look after him.

What are the challenges you have found? 

Well we're finally, at almost 10months, teething.  Top ones though and no sign of bottom ones!! He sure is going to look odd. 

We had the hv ring today to arrange our 12 month check (which is in 2 weeks)  apparently they do them any time between 8-12 months which to me seems daft especially as they're being monitored for things they can and can't do. Oh well I shall just take it with a pinch of salt. 

I don't know where the time has flown I've just been looking back at photos of my Elliott bump from this time last year! 

image image

Some snaps of our recent holiday to Cornwall.  The last one is big brother / Little brother x

• waaooo lovely snaps.

• Hi Sunny!!

Lovely snaps of your holibobs!  And look at little Elliot - isn't he a cutie?!  He looks like he is doing really really well! :-)

I have gone back to work full time, so its quite tough.  I am OK once I am at work, its a nice distraction being myself and being Mummy for the day.  However, its hard work at home otherwise.  I am absolutely shattered.  Night times are worse than mornings.  I finish work at 4pm and then I have to either collect one or both of the boys from nursery, then the other one from my Mums, then get home do the whole tea time, bath time, bed time thing, then I have to sort the washing and put loads on and things (my laundry basket is always over flowing!) sort our tea out, have baths/showers myself then come that time its gone 9pm, I haven't sat down and I am ready for bed!  Oh, another thing I tend to do at night is get all the boys stuff ready for the next day (easier than doing it in the morning!) and make my lunch for work and things.  Then in the morning its getting the kiddies up and sorted (and sometimes fed!) aswell as get myself sorted and get out of the house for 7.30am at the latest!  So really its just constant when I am not at work.  I really do go to work for a rest! 

On a Monday my Mum has them both, on a Tuesday they are both at nursery, on a Wednesday Josh is at nursery and Jacob with my Mum, on a Thursday Josh is at nursery till 1pm (I have to pop out of work to pick him up and take him to my Mums) and Jacob goes to Mums all day, then Fridays - every other Friday my Mum has them both, then the other Friday my In Laws will have Josh and I will take Jacob to my Mums.  So its just constantly fetching and carrying them too.

My biggest thing is that me and the hubby don't get much time anymore :-(  We are hardly ever intimate, and by that I don't mean the sex thing all the time (although that's missed, quite a lot! lol) its more the kissing and cuddling.  We do try and make time for each other but we are that shattered that sometimes sleep is more important!

Josh starts school next year and I have said I want to take him to school and pick him up so I think I will reduce my hours to 9-3 instead of 8-4.

Don't mean to put you off!! Lol.  I think its because of the whole full time thing for me - if I could work part time, I don't think it would be as mad!

Ah bless little Elliot with his teeth!  Has he just got the 2 at the top then???  Jacob cut his bottom 2 when he was 6 months old and he has had none since!  He is nearly 9 months old now with just 2 teeth.  I can imagine its funny when Elliot smiles with just his top teeth :-)  Little cutie!

I am sure he will be fine with the Health Visitor hun.  He certainly looks like he is OK.  Really annoys me though - I know they have to check on their development and things, but they all do things at their own pace!  They shouldn't compare.  Makes me really angry!

The last 12 months really have flown by haven't they?!  Makes me sad really that my baby is growing up.  Although I certainly don't want anymore, I do have my broody moments! xx

• Hi everyone, we wanted to drop by and let you know about a product test we’re currently running to test out a brand new Seat car for 2 weeks. Plus if you’re chosen, you could also win £100!

If you would like to try out for this product test (which you can right HERE!), please, please do make sure you provide all the details requested on the thread. 

• Hello everyone,
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about two new threads we’re running today.

The first is, if you are married, did you change surname? And if you didn’t change it, please do come and tell us why on this new thread here. 

The second thing we’re talking about is a new term for that stage between baby and toddler - it’s called pre-tod. What do you think of it? Please do come an check out that thread over here. 

And finally a little heads up for you all - if you have a toddler already, please do keep an eye on the Product Tests area of the forum today….

• Hi everyone,

There are two new threads today we'd love to have your thoughts on.

The first is from a lovely member on the forum who's about to embark on weaning, but she's worried as her little girl has an allergy to cow's milk. Please find her thread here, we're sure any advice would be appreciated.

The second thread is about swearing in front of your kidsfind it here! 

Thank you! 

• Hi swanny sorry I didn't see your reply! 

Phew what a hectic time it must be getting your boys to where they need to be. I'm not surprised that you are worn out and too exhausted for any intimacy with your other half. I'm much the same and I've not yet returned to work. That's on Tuesday! 

So Elliott has 3 teeth now, as a bottom one has now joined his goofy top ones! He's now able to actually crunch the biscuits he nicks from the cats bowl. 

We have his nursery visit this afternoon today and year check on weds. 

This morning I'm off to a friends macmillan coffee morning and have skipped breakfast to leave plenty of room for the cakes yum yum xx

• Hi ladies, 

Rosalie is teething so bad I'm stumped as to what else we can do to help her! She's got 6 top teeth all pushing although the two front look like They will win! She's cut her food back because it's uncomfortable and can just about manage a bottle, she's quit her beaker I think because it's too much for her gums right now and there's only so much pain killer allowed ! So I'm not a happy mum right now 

I think my biological clock has definitely ran out, I'm not in the least bit broody probably for the first time ever - its quite a new feeling for me !

• Hi all!

Glad everyone is doing ok...can't believe we are all going back to work already and how grown up our babies are.

So Monday is back to work for me 😂 4 x 10 hour days and 1 night away from home with a crappy 2hr drive Tues/Wed....

I'm quite looking forward to work as B loves her childminder, just not the driving in the British winter weather 😑

She is awesome...and has changed so much in the last month, she does a super quick bum shuffle, is starting to pull herself up,  has the 2 front bottom teeth and can hold her bottle one handed 😊

Oh, and we ditched the dummies...figured if I sent her to childminders with them.we would never get rid of them.

Strangely we are considering trying for #2...can't quite believe it myself...are we mad? 

Xxx

• No hadepop you're not mad at all! My kids are my world and they are each wonderful and slightly crazy in their own way and I wouldn't swap any for anything but after six I'm done!

I would wholly encourage you to go for another....we have different age gaps and the closer age gap kids are definitely closer and get on better than the big age gap kids, especially while they are younger and it seems easier to entertain them as they are happy with similar stuff. If I could do it all over again I think I would have closer gaps....

I applaud you all going back to your jobs too - I chose to stay home when we had our 4 th as costs rocketed (I had 2 under 2 and a 5 and 10 yr old) so it made more sense for me to quit and be at home and I'm so glad I did because I loved every second but I can't imagine now how to fit everything in at home in the few hours after work so like I said I applaud you for making miracles happen and doing it all x I dread to think what our house would run like if I wasn't here those 8 hours a day - talk about the loonys running the asylum lol 

• Haha Busy mamma

I have no doubt that your labour of love is much tougher than my paid job 😊😊 who can afford childcare for 2 even?

It's mainly money that's making me hesitate but I'm 36 so need to get on with things really xxx