Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dec 15 Babies

1192021222325»

Replies

• I agree, I'm not a fan of the joint gifts and like you will be saying something Should anyone dare!

A  couple of years ago ( after everyone getting lots of bubble bath or shaving sets!)we as a whole family slightly changed Xmas gift giving.....agreeing as an entire family to either only buy the kids (agreeing spend limits first) or to do token /gag gifts for a fiver or less as there are soooo many of us (60+ Inc kids) its crazy to try remember everyone and give fairly to them so for the most part our Xmas buying is easy and straightforward - never know what to get MIL tho lol!

I like the gag gifts and finding the perfect novelty / silly thing to give someone.

• I'm start back to work next Friday, the one day next week and then Monday, Tues and Weds from the following week. and I'm ready to go back to work! Obviously love having days off my my little man but I don't feel we have much routine or get much done. im hoping when I'm in work the days I'm off I will make the most of. main thing I'm not looking forward to are the mornings of getting up and everyone ready!

swanny- my stepdaughter will be 6 the beginning of December, so because she has just moved in with us and started a new school in planning the joint party for their birthdays. Just hope it's not too much chaos on the day ha

ive stat birthday/Xmas shopping. i don't seem to have got them much but I know they have lots of presents off family etc think it's a good idea to say present for one and money for the other. and also like the half birthday idea, i think we will ask if they want a day out for their specia day in the summer or a garden party or something when they get older. My birthday is end of November and I always said I won't have a baby near xmas lol 

I've got Deian a teepee for his birthday so not really birthday friendly but I'm doing up his room at the moment so thought would be a good idea. i feel abit mean getting bedroom things for birthday ha.

off to do some more shopping today, my bank balance doesn't like this time of year! 

• Hi everyone, 
    We just wanted to drop by and let you know about a couple of threads…

The first is a great Lakeland competition where you could win £100 Lakeland vouchers. If you have a favourite Lakeland product you use, just snap a pic of it and tell us why you love it on this competition thread - it’s as simple as that!

The second thread we’re talking about is this very odd game for kids called Silly Sausage… you have to see it to believe it (or maybe we just have dirty minds?). Please do come and check out that thread here.

Thank you!

• Hi everyone else too,
    We just wanted to let you know what’s happening on the forum today.

We’re asking, do you have rules about how long your children can spend on tablets/phone/TV? If so, please do come and tell us on this new thread - we’re fascinated to hear.

Also, would you like to win a Stokke Tripp Trapp chair worth over £250? To enter, all you need to do is a snap a pic and tell us about meal times in your house on this thread. Simples!

Also, did you know the easiest way of seeing what’s happening on the forum is to click on Latest Posts? Do give it a try!  

• Hi everyone - we hope you're doing ok? 

We wanted to let you know about this thread on the forum today - we're asking what are you buying your children (if you already have kids!) for Christmas and have they asked for anything in particular? Do come and let us know, we'd love to hear. 

• Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all OK?

Well, Jacob has had his development check today - all fab :-)  He is very clever, just lazy!  Boys ey! Lol.  He is where he needs to be and more with most things, she just thinks he is gonna be a bit later with moving around.  He is close to crawling but not there yet.  Although he will walk holding 1 hand, so definitely prefers to be on his feet.  Think he is just going to be like his big brother!  He didn't walk until 15 months, bless him.

He weights 26lb 11oz and is on the 99th centile for his weight and he is 80.5cm long and is on the 99.8th centile for that.  So he is a big boy :-)  Another reason for the lack of movement she tells me! Lol.

Hope all the babies are doing OK xx

• Swanny he sounds like Elliott!  91st for height and weight and was late crawling. He's just started cruising the furniture and pushing his Walker along.  Elliott had a pudsey dress up for nursery today. I made him spotty trousers but he'd picked all but 2 spots off by the time I picked him up! 

• Hi Sunny,

Sorry for the late reply (my life is just too mad!!) I am glad Elliot is a nice strapping baby now!  Especially for saying how tiny he was when he was first born!

Is it his birthday this week??  Any birthday plans for him?

Jacob is just the same - would much rather push his walker along and cruise along things than crawl.  He will bum shuffle now too!  I am just a bit sad, Josh never crawled and it seems as though Jacob won't!  I think babies are cute when they crawl!

Ha ha made me laugh with the spot thing!!  They are monkeys aren't they?!  Into everything! xx

• Hi Swanny,  yes Sunday is Elliotts birthday!!  Getting a bit emotional as it'll be a year ago tomorrow I had the hospital ring with my cesarean date. Then it was a whirlwind with pre op and f-i-l's funeral then having Elliott. We're having a family trip to birdworld for the day and visiting the winter wonderland there. 

How's the Christmas preparations going?  I'm gradually getting things done. Really looking forward to it this year, last year was a bit've a blur xx

• Ah is Elliot a bird lover then??  Bless him!  I really can't believe that its nearly 12 months ago we were all about to pop!!  I remember the message you put on about having Elliot!  You were the first one weren't you??  Really doesn't seem 5 minutes ago.

I love a Winter Wonderland :-)  We have booked to go to one near us on 12th December - can't wait!!  Can I ask about footwear and things?  Obviously we are taking Jacob to the Winter Wonderland too (can't leave him at home!) what kind of footwear is available for him??  Have you got anything inparticular for Elliot?

Christmas prep going well!  I have around 4 more presents to get!  I am off work on Friday and Monday so I will get my last bits then!  We are really looking forward to it aswell!  Joshua is 4 now so he really understands Santa Claus and really believes in all the magic!  And its Jacob's first Christmas, so going to be good!  Last year wasn't too bad for us as he was still tucked away nicely, but I imagine having a New Born around Christmas isn't easy! xx

• Hello everyone, how are you all doing? We hope you and your babies are doing really well - please do come and let us know and share any pictures! And if you wangle and black friday deals, please do share! Here's what's happening on the forum today...

We were wondering at what age did your baby start to crawl (And if they’re not crawling, please do come and let us know that too!) on this thread. 

Also, does anyone have advice for this broken mum - her 2 and a half year old son has gone from a great sleeper to absolutely berserk at bedtime - any wise words? That thread is here. 

And finally, did any of you suffer with postpartum joint/muscle pain? We have a new member here who’s feeling quite poorly with it over here on this thread. 

Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well? 

A couple of threads we wanted to tell you about today...

The first is, can you help this new mum - she'd like to know when your baby could sit up and her thread is over here.

And the other thread is, have you put Christmas tree up? If so, won't you come and show us on this thread? 

Thank you!

• Hello everyone.... well, December is here and this time last year you were all having your babies! We have created you all a brand new December 2015 Toddlers thread... do come on over and say hello, and there may even be a gift in store for your toddler if you post within the next week or so! 

We'll eventually be locking this thread, but want to give you all a chance to see this post first. 

• We're locking this thread now peeps - see you over here: December 2015 Toddlers thread