Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Hi All

seemed to cope better with the night feeds last night, I slept for an hour at about 6pm which seems to have made the difference :-) Also wound is finally bleeding less...so 2 good things today...

Thankyou MFM and Asda for the nappies...I will try and remember to get a pic at next change :-(

How is everyone today? Xxx

• Hi hadepop...so glad you're starting to feel better. It's amazing what an hour's sleep can do isn't it?!

And so glad your wound is finally starting to get better. They'll be no stopping you and Beatrice soon!!

Oh yes....the nappies! Thanks mfm and asda also, much appreciated! Although mine are size 3s so will be a while before Jacob can wear them 😁

Well today it was Joshua's swimming lesson and then he always has a 'donalds' afterwards. Which was lovely keeping his routine. Jacob took it all in his stride and slept for the whole afternoon! Lol. Me on the other hand was pooped! I got home sat on the chair with the blanket and puff and was out like a light for nearly 2 hours!

• Hi ladies x

Just popped on to say thanks so much for the nappies MFM and asda, like the others they are size 3 and a wee bit big at the minute, but appreciated all the same x

Hope we are all well and looking forward to the weekend!

• Hi ladies,

Well Jacob is having none of his Moses basket tonight!! He sleeps in it all day but when you feed him and put him in it that's it, he screams!! Any ideas?? We've let him lie between our legs on the bed just so we can get some sleep really.

• Hi Swanny 

Do you swaddle him?

B awake from pretty much 2-5am fed, winded, changed & still she screamed to just be held :-( I have started using sleeping bags which seem to help a bit maybe because she cant kick them off in a strop?!

Is anyone using a dummy? Should I give in? Xxx

• Morning

I am using a dummy hadepop, some babies are comfort seekers and will suck on anything, blankets clothes bibs hands etc

Rosalie started on her fingers so we tried a dummy, she dosnt have it all the time but it does help ( long term its easier to get them to quit a dummy than a thumb!)

She also needs swaddling in the fluffiest blanket....won't sleep without it! Also when you put baby down into Moses basket keep chatting to him for a minute or two so he can see and hear you before you move away, for some it feels like they are abandoned when they get put into the basket as parent walks away immediately.

Is there any toys in the basket? If so remove them as sleeping area should be stimulation free so baby can relax and not focus on anything.

We also found Rosalie dosnt like it too bright, we have to syafe the hood over with a muslin cloth so its a bit darker when the big lights go on.

Tbh its trial and error but hope you get settled soon xx

• Thanks busymamma!

Looks like I may be introducing the dummy later! She is currently just starting to stir after her epic strop...so thats 4.5 hrs straight, she must have worn herself out lol! X

• How is she feeding at night? To get Rosalie to have more than 3 oz she has to be mad! I have to let her get angry so she will attack the bottle or else she falls asleep after 2 oz and is awake two hours later!

She's getting the gist now tho and seems to shout alot quicker for her supper lol she needs 4 oz to sleep 4 hours+ so we usually try and wake her up a bit with a bum change then carry on with her feed 

• Evening ladies!

Jacob only feeds 2-3oz at a time and that's every 3ish hours. Through the night he goes closer to the 4 hour mark but he will drink 3oz then. 

We did try lightly swaddling Jacob but he's such a sweaty baby . There's nothing in his Moses basket and I always watch over him for a couple of moments stroking his face before I leave him. So I ddon't know! I don't think he's keen on the dark.....as Doon as you turn the lamp off he cries then when you turn it back on he shuts up. Like you say it's trial and error isn't it!

Here's to a better night! Bath, bottle and bed for us shortly xx

• Lol funny you should say about the dark but we have to leave the landing or bathroom light on for our other kids - one sleep walks and one hates the dark- but a few nights ago one of them got up and went to the loo and closed the door so everywhere went pitch dark and she woke up crying, few seconds after the bathroom door opened again she settled so we figured the same ! But as there is usually a bit of light from the bathroom she dosnt stirr like that often.

Yeah unfortunatly its all trial and error and some nights it will be something completely different again lol good luck tho xx

• I gave a dummy on night 4! It was the middle of the night and he wasn't settling but the dummy he did. He doesn't have it all the time but last couple of days has just been really naggy, ok one minute and they will go red and cry, when he has the dummy he is fine. ive not found it affects b/f.

deian is still sleeping 4 hours in the day, can sometimes go longer without a feed if we are out because he doesn't wake but at night it's every 2/3 hours. I swaddle him but keep his arms out as he has always had the near his face when sleeping. 

I'm beginning to feel slightly normal now, must be getting use to the no sleep.

how often is everyone seeing the health visitor? 

• W gave Jacob a dummy too....when we got home from hospital. He doesn't really want it but sometimes when we're just getting his feeding ready it buys us five minutes!! Lol.

Had a better night last night....he went down in his Moses basket! Had a feed at 10:15, 1:15 and then 5:30 so really can't complain about last night 😊

Oh and his cord fell off, finally!! So glad cos that freaks me out! Lol xx

• Sorry Gaeaf just realized I didn't answer your question about the health visitor. Not sure how often we'll see her. We havent seen her yet but she's coming on Tuesday. Jacob will be 12 days old then. 

Quick question....the past couple of days I've been getting really bad period type cramps. Is this normal?? With having a section last time and being quite poorly I don't remember anything!

• Evening ladies,

How are you all?? How are all the babies doing?

We had the midwife today and have now been discharged 😊 Jacob has put on 8oz in 6 days and is now 8lb 11oz bless him. She checked me over and my stitches are healing nicely. Not all dissolved yet but going in the right direction 😊 

Might sound a bit silly but I'm actually quite sad about being discharged from the midwife. I guess seeing the same person right from the start and then having all the antenatal appointments and then the excitement of Jacob arriving, I guess it's sort of like the end of a chapter! Anyone else feel like that or aam I just stupid?! Lol. I guess I feel a bit worse cos I know he's my last so will never experience it all again 😔

• No, I know what you mean Swanny, I guess its a significant milestone!

B completed her hearing test successfully yesterday, so no HV for 2 wks now...however we are off to the hospital today for her hip ultrasound so fingers crossed that they don't find any problems.

My heamatoma has finally stopped draining through my wound, so it looks like I did need the antibiotics after all..just 1 more check on it on Thursday and that should be it...still have some lumpy bits ( mòre heamatomas) in my belly but that should all be reabsorbed naturally apparently :-)

How is everyone else doing?xxx

• Hi lovely December mums! We hope you and your beautiful babies are all doing well.

We were wondering, if you have older children (aged 1-5), would you like to try out (and keep) a new picture book that’s meant to send small children to sleep in minutes? If you would, please do come over to this thread and let us know!

• Hi Hadepop, so glad your wound is healing - we've had some new mums in the Jan 16 Birth Club thread who are walking around with sanitary pads strapped to their bellies - poor ladies are weeping all sorts

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

While we're here checking in on all of you (we hope you're all doing ok?) we wondered how you felt about people changing your babies names - nicknames.

For instance Squeak185, are cool with Joshua being called Josh? Do you call him that? Hadepop, do you call Beatrice her full name or sometimes Bea? Swanny, will you always call Jacob his full name or Jake? I guess Runner32, Henry is tough to shorten - have you given him a nickname?

Please do come and tell us on this thread.

• Hi all its been a while 

congratulations to you all 

i added my birth story to the other thread b announcements 

my little girl arrived 28/12 

marli rose diane Mitchell 

00:17

8lb 4ozimage

• Oh wow, wonderful to see your name pop up Charlie4th - we at MFMHQ were wondering how you got on! Congratulations on your beautiful Marli! Beauitful name for a beautiful girl! 

• Congratulations Charlie,  lovely two read your birth story and see your little beauty! 

I'm not sure Elliott can be shortened however Cerys (his big sister)  called him 'ellioot'  recently and that quickly changed to 'oat'. It didn't help that he was wearing a beige hat at the time and he did look like a little oat!