Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• Options

Morning ladies How are you all doing? 

Apologies for being awol for a while, just enjoying the last few days as matt went back to work today. He's been off for nearly a month so it's a big shock to the system.  

Getting Joshua registered tomorrow so he will beofficial!

Apart from that not much to report...the endless stream of visitors has dried up which is nice as I feel I can relax now and I was fed up about talking about the birth.

Has anyone signed up to any classes yet?  

• Options

Hi squeak,  although visitors are nice to have its good to get back to some kind of normality isn't it. How are you finding it with Matt going back to work? I'm on the hunt for baby groups and now I'm driving again (yey!) I can go further afield. When we registered Elliott I felt very proud. 

So, I had my first official smile today!  I just taken Cerys to school and brought Elliott in from car put him on sofa to take my coat off and when I came back I was greeted with a huge smile which I managed to catch the end of on camera.. image happy days xxx 

• Options

Hi squeak....you do get a bit fed up talking about the birth don't you?! As much as I was so happy and proud of myself for how I did it, I don't want to keep reliving it!

How did u find your first day by yourself?? I bet you will be in a routine before you know it 😊

We registered Jacob yesterday....feels nice now he's official!

I've not looked at any groups yet, but Keirain isn't back at work until Monday (since before Christmas, dreading it!!)But I know of a couple. Just your usual mum and baby groups. I went to one when I had Joshua but I wasn't keen, it was a very clicky environment so I'm in 2 minds really. Have you got any to go to??

Hi sunny....I love elliots big eyes!! Gorgeous! And how lovely having a little smile to greet you 😊 how are you getting on with the feeding now? And the sleeping? Will Elliot go down now?

I feel very lucky with Jacob, he goes between 3 and 4 hours now with feeds, day and night, so we get a nice little chunk of sleep! He seems to like his milk now, he put on 8oz in 6 days and is now 8lb 11oz so he's doing well 😊 Joshua is still the doting big brother which is lovely. I'm a very lucky mummy x

• Options

Morning All!

Sunny thats a beautiful pic & Beatrice has the same little suit :-)

Squeak, Chris went to work yesterday for the day and I actually quite enjoyed it...took B and the dog to the park on my own successfully and did some proper (rather than man-style) cleaning...am not looking forward to it being every day though! Have my last friend visiting tomorrow & she is bringing lunch which will be nice.

Swanny I have upped B's feeds to 5oz and she slept for nearly 4 hours last night which was lovely! Her hip ultrasound was all clear so that was a big relief and we are off to make her official today. How much does Jacob take in a feed?

I have found a baby sensory group that accepts from birth which is within walking distance, so I have contacted them for a taster session...also the local childrens centre runs an under 1's drop in session on a Tuesday morning so I might try that out...Im not really sure about these mum and baby group things, I feel like I am possibly too old? Luckily I have a SAHM friend in walking distance and then another friend who is a childminder & another who is self employed who has Mondays off, so hopefully plenty of options for adult company :-) 

Has anyone heard from Runner? Xxd

• Options

Hi hadepop.....Jacob takes 3oz at a time. We've just started offering him 4oz as he tends to drain the 3 oz bottles. What a little guzzler Beatrice is bless her 😊 I love seeing them drink their milk...they look at you lovingly don't they! 

If you don't mind me asking....How old are you? When I went to the mum and baby group with Joshua, I was 27 and one of the youngest ones there!

No, runner hasn't been on for avwhike has she?? Hope she is ok 😞 xx

• Options

She is a little guzzler, and that look of sheer love is addictive! Nothing could have prepared me for that! 

I am 35 :-)

I hope she is ok too :-) x

• Options

We had a newborn photoshoot last week and this is our sneak peak.

I have signed up for turtle tots which is swimming and we have found a baby sensory lady that will do it in our home so all the Nct mums are going to do it together I think.

Day 1 of being on my own is going OK so far but it's only lunchtime lol  

• Options

Ah squeak that's adorable!! Little Joshua looks like he's taking it all in his stride 😊

Swimming is good for little ones isn't it 😊 I took Josh to a parent and baby splash from 8 weeks and I'll be taking Jacob too! Can't wait!

Well done on your first day by yourself, I'm sure you smashed it 😊

Quick question....How long did everyone's foo foo stitches take to heal please??

• Options

My stitches came out after about a week and all bleeding stopped after about 10 days. Still suffering from hemmeroids though but only when I go to the toilet. Apart from that everything else is all healed. 

Woke up this morning with a really sore right boob :( 

• Options

Oh squeak sorry to hear about your boob :( I can sympathise as my right boob been nothing but trouble from the word go...but touch wood I've managed to feed Elliott for 3 days now without the nipple shield!! (small things eh?!) 

It's a lovely sunny day down south so we're going to head down the beach for a nice brisk walk. 

Have a great day ladies and babies xx

• Options

P.s Elliott is holding his own on the 2nd centile with a gain of 5.5Oz this week.  He's now 8lb 3.5 at 7 weeks 😊

• Options

Ah Squeak the NCT ladies clubbing together for at home sensory sounds great! My wound has finally healed...got OH to take a pic yesterday and im quite impressed with how neat it is! No foo foo stiches for me so cant help im afraid Swanny...I am still bleeding after 3 wks but its deffo tailing off now.

Little miss kept me awake from 12:30 - 4:30 this morning so a chilled out day and my friend popped in for lunch :-)

How is everyone coping without the menfolk? X

• Options

I was meant to start baby sessions this morning but couldn't go due to the snow! I really want to get out the house and meet other people now. 

im trying to find other groups to go to, I don't know many people where I actually live so hoping they are nice!

squeak love the newborn photo shoot! 

How often are you having babies weighed? My hv said once a month so he hasn't been weighed yet, due to go next week

• Options

Sorry to hear about your Boob squeak! Ouchy! And thanks for the stitches info! When I was checked on Monday she said there were still some stitches there but was healing nicely. My bleeding has slowed down but it's still there. Hopefully I'll be done soon.

Hadepop....so glad you're all healed now! Must be a relief! 😊 I've still been lucky enough to have my man at home! He's back to work on Monday though....not happy 😠

Jacob is also being a pain at night! He was doing so well! Lol. He's not crying at night or anything but he's just wide awake between each feed! We cannot get him back off for toffee! Ah well at least I can sleep in the day!

Hi Gaeaf.....hope you're well? Jacob is getting weighed weekly at the moment but I think that will change after next week and I'll have to take him to clinic to be weighed xx

• Options

image Morning! Hope everyone had a good weekend! B seems to have developed an issue with Aptamil formula powder...but not the ready to drink...so I have had about 6hrs sleep all weekend...I only worked out that this seems to be the issue last night...OH was very supportive yesterday and really helped me through it :-) He has gone back to work today though :-(;I am off to tesco ti buyvsticks of ready to drink which will hopefully mean she is comfortable and give me a few days to look alternative milks...hope everyone else is good xxx

• Options

Hi Hadepop, how's B getting on with the milk - you didn't say, but what kind of problems is she having with it?

Hi to everyone else too. We were wondering if you have older kids, have they ever lost their fave toy or teddy? And if they have, would you come and tell us what you did on this thread here please? We'd love to hear how you dealt with it. Thanks so much!

• Options

Hi hadepop,  I hope you have a more settled baby.  Was the formula giving her tummy ache? How is everyone else doing? Swanny is Jacob still being all awake at night?  Elliott often does that,  I think he wakes for feeding but gets all fussy on my boob  it's his way of telling me he wants interaction. Just sat here waiting for the health visitor,  our last appointment x 

• Options

Deian got weighed today, the little chunk is now 10lb3! He was a month yesterday and 7lb13 born, I could tell he had put weight on, he is in 0-3 clothes for a week and they are fitting just right, he seems to have long arms and legs. 

we are only seeing the health visitor for the 4 weekly weigh ins. 

has anyone got the wonder weeks app? I was advised to get it from my friend and think it seems accurate. Deian has been so fussy the last couple of days crying and just wanting to be held.

hadepop, love the pic of B! 

• Options

He's doing well Gaeaf!  Elliott weighed in at 8lb6 today and wore his first 'outfit ' rather than a babygro.

I don't have wonder weeks but have something called baby buddy which could be similar. I find its helpful/reassuring. 

Just wondering if anyone has or knows about the 'tummy tub'  I got a second hand one at the weekend and Elliott loves it! X

• Options

Aw deian has worn clothes twice, but I love him in babygrows! I've just washed all his proper clothes so I may start dressing him properly now. Yes he is a chunky monkey! 

ive not heard about tummy tub, what is it?