Forum home Babies Baby

Dec 15 Babies

Replies

• I just wrote a long reply and then deleted iy...whoopsie!

B seems to be doing better on ready made Aptamil and Dentinox...she went from 10pm to 3am tonight...will try re-introducing powder to her day feeds today and see how that goes!

Gaeaf, Deian is doing really well! B gets weighed on Tues so will report in then!  Sunny Elliot sounds like he is gaining well too...I may have to get one of these apps...will check them out when I have a chance :-) x

• Hi ladies.

How are you all doing? I've not been on in ages. Not had a moment to stop and come on.

Pippa had more complications than my last child.  She lost weight then gained and then lost again and finally gained just inside (a day to spare) back to her birth weight. Then she got conjunctivitis ( had a swab done, but they think it's a blocked tear duct) and thrush in her mouth which spread to her bum and my nipple. She's on the mend and I'm glad to see the back of the doctors (bet they're fed up of me!). All in the first 3 weeks of her life xx.

• Hi ladies,

I've not been getting notifications for some reason!! Sorry it's been so long!

Sunny, Jacob seems to be ok again now! Has a bottle around 8pm then between 1-2am and then 4-5am so we're getting there 😊

Got weighed on Tuesday and he put 1lb on in a week and is now 9lb 10oz. He's 3 weeks old today....can't believe it!! He's having a few issues with constipation and colic but were getting there now. He's also got thrush on his tongue but the medication seems to be kicking in now.

Hope everyone else's babies are doing well???

Hadepop, sorry to hear Beatrice is struggling. If it's a dodgy tummy we can sympathise! Hope she starts settling for you soon.

Sophie, sorry to hear poops is struggling 😔 these babies are stronger than we think aren't they!

I don't put Jacob in clothes very much, just baby grows! Although we're off to town today, so he's gotta pair of dungarees on....love them!!

Here's a recent piccie of Jacob xxximage

• I was wondering where everyone was! 8 -1am is great Swanny, what sleeps does he have in the day? Love the pic x

• Cor that's great swanny,  young Jacobs weight gain!  Bless him he looks very content in that pic. 

Sophie sorry to hear pippa has had alot going on in such a short space of time. Apart from the thrush how are you getting on with the breastfeeding? 

So, a tummy tub is like a baby bath bucket. I'd been bathing Elliott in the sink but he much prefers his new tub! If he's having a fussy old evening it calms him down in a flash.

I've been for a dip too this evening.  First swim in 8 weeks.  It felt good! 😄

• Elliott looks so cute in the tub! I don't know how single parents cope with bathing their babies, I find it a struggle with 2 of us! Deian doesn't like the bath which doesn't help, I want to take him swimming but think he might just cry. 

Deian sleeps most of the day, he only wakes up for about 10 mins then back to sleep. he has started to wake up more in the night lately too, he was going about 4 hours between breeds but lately every 2 hours. image

This is yesterday, I met my friend in a play centre where they had a baby sensory room, he just slept through and missed it all! 

• Ah Gaeaf he's adorable! Elliott hated the bath but loves this. Basically it's a glorified bucket. I found it 2nd hand for a tenner,  my best buy along with the 'sleepyhead' for the crib x 

• Hadepop , Jacob is quite awake in the day, if we're at home he'll generally sleep for an hour at a time then be awake for an hour!

Ah sunny look at little Elliot! Glad he likes his bath bucket!! Lol. I've seen them before but never used one.

Ah Gaeaf isn't he just adorable?! Love how boys look like little old men! Lol. 

Jacob isn't keen on the bath, but I shall still take him swimming at 8 weeks. I did with Joshua and he loves swimming!* he'll get used to it 😊 xx

• Ladies.....just wanted to share this piccie with you for a giggle.....sure you all used to this face when you really want your child to go to sleep but they decide they're not ready to!! Lol. No crying or anything, just staring at you....... image

How are you all doing????

• image morning ladies how are you all doing? My phone broke which meant I couldn't get on easily to chat to everyone. 

Looks like all the bubbas are doing well, I have shared a pic of Joshua this morning. He has a bit of a cold so slept on my chest last night as it's the only place he would settle. 

Week three for us was pretty tough, he went from being really content to not and his sleep got worse at night. Put it down to colic and seems better now he's on infacol.

We week three Joshua weighed 8lb6 from a birth weight of 6lb11 so he's feeding really well 

• Ah bless him! Little darling. Sometimes you just have to do what you can for you to get some sleep too. Jacob struggled with a bit of colic, but we started infacol too and it's worked a treat! Just the constipation now to sort. 

That's a good little weight gain bless him!! 😊

I was talking to hubby the other night, these little people are only a few weeks old, but doesn't it seem like they've been here forever??? Jacob is 4 weeks on Thursday but he seems older than that!

• Aw I love all the baby pics! They grow so fast, they look like little babies rather than newborns!

ive got to share another pic of Deian, his first smile yesterday! 

he settles rally well at night in his basket, will go. Down no problem and sleep but in the day he doesn't seem to settle properly. Is fine sleeping on someone but put him down and he wakes, then he gets over tired and can't drop off. Maybe he has got use to cuddles in the day?

im goon to try and get him in a bedtime routine, although the I say this every week. He did go down on his own last night.

• Ah what handsome boys! Cracking smile Gaeaf 😀 I'm struggling to get Elliotts on camera. We've just woken up from a lovely long nap as Elliott has taken to waking up at 4am most mornings and wanting to play. I can identify with the I'm not sleepy face ' swanny!!

we've  started doing things in a sequence in the evening to get Elliott used to the idea that bed time is coming. This consists of playing with daddy when he gets home (while I cram as much in as I can!), a feed, then its bathtime,  a bottle of expressed milk,  getting into his grobag, story and top up from me then bed (sleep can often taken up to 2 hours to come with many repeats of the last 2!) Of course it's only a loose plan but it's nice to have. The hv that runs the group I go to says not to worry too much about strict routines until 12 weeks, and that it's ok to cuddle a baby to sleep when they're still so tiny. This i found very reassuring! 

It's injection day for us tomorrow,  dreading it 😰 x

• Afternoon ladies nice to see all the baby pics - am loving them !

I am officially spoilt with Rosalie, she sleeps so well at night, feeds around midnight and I usually have to wake her for a feed before the school run !

She takes 5oz a feed too and is gaining weight well so we're happy 

• Hi all...loving the pics!

Got Beatrice weighed today and she is 10lb2 so exactly where she should be. I was relieved as we have had a few very stressful nigts where she has literally just screamed for 3 hours :-( 

She tends to feed at 10,2,5,7:30 ish and then sleep for most of the morning! Have cut her feeds back to 4oz as apparently colic and reflux can be caused by overfeeding, am going to build back up over the next gew days though to see if we can get her sleeping longer!

Walked to the HV and back today which is about 3miles...was knackered after tho and had to have a kip.

We have booked a Sun holiday in Devon in April, so really looking forward to our first family holiday :-) has anyone else got anything nice planned?xx

• Hi all, we know you're probably sorted for your baby bits now, but if you're not, we wanted to make sure you spotted this thread about some brilliant baby and toddler discount shopping events happening - you can save loads of money on all your baby stuff.

• Oh my goodness ladies, need match sticks today!! My little man has been awake since 1:30am, so down we came to sleep on the sofa! I was watching holby city at 3am. Lol!

I'm gonna call the doctors this morning. The poor little guy is really struggling with constipation...He's only poos every few days but hasn't been since Sunday this time! I massage his belly, hold his legs up for him and hold his little bum open, I've given him water and I've put Vaseline all round his bum, all of which the health visitor advised, but nothing is working now, poor thing. Think he just needs a bit of help. Plus mummy and daddy can't keep having nights like last night! 

Needless to say it's a pj day for us today!

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

• Sorry to hear your laddie is struggling in the poo department swanny. It's horrible when you know they're struggling and nothing you do helps.  Was he crying and upset or just unsettled? Thank goodness for catch up TV eh.Elliott didn't go for 6 days last week but apparently normal if b.fed but on the last day he seemed really uncomfortable.  Then he exploded and was a much happier boy! 

Elliott had his jabs yesterday,  we were both very brave. 

• He's starting to get upset now bless him. I did speak to the pharmacist yesterday to see if I could get anything over the counter but he's too little. When he does eventually go after all my tricks it's really hard poo until half througgh, then it just keeps coming. Think he just needs a softner or something!

Ah bless you! Well done for being brave!.how was Elliot after them?? Xx

• Poor thing 😌 I hope you are able to getting some lactulose or movicol for him from the gp. Elliott cried with each jab but settled in between and straight after. He had an fractious hour then was very sleepy after his calpol!  off to be weighed this morning,  going to have a walk as the weather is so much better xx