Forum home Babies Baby

Jan 16 Babies

Replies

• Ha ha kayagh and you have woody and Jessie!!! Fantastic news about Kayleigh I'm over the moon for you and kayleigh obviously she doesn't need anymore prodding xx 

That's fantastic news about Kayleigh kayagh you must be so relieved. 

georgeous pics ladies we've all had incredibly cute babies image

jenson had his first trip in his pushchair today and he slept through the entire 4hr shopping trip. Was my first proper walk about and I ended up with my scar leaking again so I'm feeling down in the dumps now! 

• Awww mrs bear it's tough when our minds are ready but our bodies aren't.

i have tried to go to tesco 3 times now and try and take babies with me ended up leaving them in the car need to get over how to do this as OH goes on a conference next month his work wanted him to go to manilla next week I was a bit upset over it but he has told them he would rather go in march coz the twins are only so small and we still need his help they seemed to accept that.

• Wow I love everyone's gorgeous pictures!! 

Mrs bear I'm sorry your scar is leaking so much, sounds awful for you. But Jenson is so lush 😊

Kayagh I'm so glad kayleigh is OK. Awesomely news!!

After reading about you'd mixed feeding, I'm seriously tempted. Huxley feeds for more than 12 hours in any 24. And it's hard and tiring and I would love 4 consecutive hours of unbroken sleep. I dunno. I don't know if he's maybe latching on wrong or something and than why he's feeding so much.....but he's having loads of wet and dirty nappies so I dunno. I'm just shattered! Suppose it's not forever.

Can't remember if I've shown this photo yet or not - I can't access all the lovely photos from my phone when on my tablet. Baby brain!

• Lovely to see you over here on the new babies thread Mrsbear88 (sorry to hear about your leaky scar, sounds awful for you) and Teabag81, please do PM me your names and addresses so we can have your leggings sent out.

• It's definitely a challenge taking twins shopping kayagh. thats good that oh work is being understanding. must be a relief. 

Thanks teabag Huxley is gorgeous image  hope he lets you get some sleep soon. 

• OH is desperate to take her out in the pram but I'm definitely not ready for it yet, I'm still having problems bending over! 

Also (might be tmi) do any of you section ladies have or had problems peeing?? i can pee but it just feels really uncomfortab when I get close to the end, just wondering if this is normal?  

on a side note we had 8 hours of sleep last night/this morning...2-7 and 8-11 was beautiful

• Jojo, I didn't have a section but I get that feeling too. 

• Jojo I would just mention it to your midwife, I've had no problems at all after my section been able to bend, pee and lift since the day after the op but I don't think this is particularly normal so what you're experiencing might be the norm sorry I'm not much use I must just heal really quick but I also sugfer from a lot of nerve damage because of my diabetes so have a lot of numbness all over my body so this might be helping my healing process!!! xx 

• Hi Jojofrog, please do pop us a PM when you have mo with your name and address, and we'll have your leggings sent out.

• Jojo I had that it's only eased off in the last few days and now feels back to normal image yeah don't push yourself going out I regret doing too much yesterday must take it slower! I've had a lazier day today and my wound has dried up again image lucky you Jenson decided to be a sod last night and took ages to settle!! 

• Jojo - yes I get that too!! It's starting to ease up a bit but I definitely had it. You're lucky with having all that sleep. Huxley only settled for 1hr in his basket last night so I'm wrecked. I'd love him to just settle! Early days I suppose.

• Oh my god. Seriously, help - what am I doing wrong????? Last night I decided I wanted my bed to myself and resolved to persevering with the moses basket. I knew he'd cluster feed but thought eventually he'd be full up, he'd be tired and he'd sleep. I fed him from 7.30 til 12.40 at night. He was on off on off etc. Every time he finished a feed on one boob I tried to put him in his basket. Every time he'd start crying straight away and start opening his mouth rooting for food. So I picked him back up and kept going. But by 12.40 I couldn't take it any more and put him in the bed with me. But he still didn't really settle at all. It was a long night and I'm exhausted. He's having LOADS of wet and dirty nappies so I know he's getting lots of milk. What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?! I've only got another week and a half before I can introduce a dummy. He sleeps quite a bit in the daybut feeds loads Dirk the day too so I don't think he's just mixed up between night and day.

Any advice gratefully received 😴😥

• Hiya Teabag81, hang in there in hon. A friend told me it can take 8 weeks before babies differentiate between day and night, so it could be that. Could be a growth spurt and this will go on for a few more nights and phase out. The dummy might well be your saviour, but know you can't use that right now....
    Sorry you're suffering x

• Teabag I feel for you we have had a run of endless nights I have to say I have been using dummies since 1 week olf Kayleigh had from few days in hospital. I know the advice is not to too but I have to say it helps settle Matthew especially as he feeds when he has wind but the dummy cures that.  Have you tried swaddling him??? Play him music ours love our playlist seems to help settle them to sleep or certainly settles one whilst I feed the other I haven't got to grips with tandem feeding at all. It could be a growth spurt too I really feel for you sending hugs 

• Aw teabag I really feel for you as well, I don't have any advice but if you're looking for music google rockalullaby, you can get all the new songs out and old ones in a lullaby form and it's amazing, we use Taylor swift quite a lot 

• Oh teabag, definitely try swaddling and white noise might help, you can get an app for your phone. Hopefully it's just a phase or a growth spurt and doesn't last long image

• Teabag, I could have written your post. We've agreed to persevere with the own bed at the weekend. I can't do it until then, I'm too exhausted to safely look after him in the day as it is. Why oh why won't you sleep in your own bed Rufus?

We tried a dummy on Sunday night, in the hope I'd get a bit more sleep. He hated it image

• Thanks so much for all your help and support. I'm going to tell myself it's a growth spurt and if I can make it through the weekend it'll start improving by Monday, every night I get through is one closer to being able to give a dummy (I know it worked early for you kayagh but I'm scared of introducing it too soon and him failing to latch on me, especially given the few problems we had at the start with his tongue tie) and when he has a dummy everything will be OK.

These are the things on telling myself as that's the only way I'm going to survive. Having to get up and do the 1.5mile walk of the school run (6 miles a day!!) is also killing me. Wish we'd won the lottery and I could have my own car.

Rambo - sorry you're going through the same thing. They will not be small forever and we will sleep again one day. That's my mantra!! X

• I hope you all had s better night last night, Jensen had the worst night since birth and screamed non-stop until I managed to get him to sleep at 1.30 I don't know if he had a pain or since he hadn't slept since 2pm yesterday he might have just been over tired but the screaming was awful!!! On a positive though when he did get to bed at 1.30 he then stayed asleep until 5.30 this morning so I'm feeling not too bad. I'm not leaving the house today unless something comes up and I have to I don't think I'll even change out of my pjs and I'll sleep when Jensen does.... That's the plan anyway xx   Tea at and rambosmum I have been there with the cluster feeding and I'm sure it will happen again over the coming days but hang on in there it will end and make sure you rest when baby does xx