Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jan 16 Babies

Replies

• One other thing that I think all is busy mums forget is eat right and well breast feeding needs calories I know I'm bad at not eating and getting side tracked with other stuff but it is mega important.

met my health visitor today she seems nice enough. OH is sick again I'm getting really worried now that's nearly every week at least one day throwing up he was fine first thing then by 9 throwing up now fast asleep health visitor and midwife reckoned he should be tested for helicobactor I'm just worried sick it's not like him at all.  I have what feels like a rotten head cold brewing so I'm just slowly working through chores today at least the babies are settled tho I think Kayleigh is getting a cold too.

not much fun Caroline hate nights like that only had a couple since been home and I'm so worried how I'll deal with them when he goes back to work at least now there's extra hands hope you have a relaxing Friday all cxx

• I hope your OH gets better soon kayagh, and I really hope Kayleigh doesnt have a cold xx

we're getting ready to go to our clinic appointment and i'm regretting already not having a mess about with the pram, major faff on putting it down etc urgh

heidi settles at about 1am, she's fine throughout the day but when it gets to 10/11 she's a right madam. She's also been awake the majority of the morning so I'm looking forward to a relaxing afternoon. We're thinking of going out for lunch as well :)

• *pressed send before I was finished

i've also decided to give her one bottle of breast milk a day, she took to it well yesterday and it makes me feel happier knowing she's at least getting some of it, plus it relieves the pressure in my chest haha 

i wish you all a relaxing Friday :)

• Thanks kayagh it was a very stressful day and night and my oh was saying this isn't normal what's wrong with him, I said he is just very tired and fighting sleep and until we can get him to calm down enough to relax and fall asleep properly then we have to not let the screaming get to us but he compares Jensen to Lauren and Lauren was a very easy baby but trying to say, Jensen isn't Lauren and it's pointless comparing them is like talking to a wall don't get me wrong Jensen is wonderful and most of the time good as gold but he wriggles constantly when feeding so you are forever adjusting your Hold and then the night from hell last night and because we are tired to start with I guess my oh is looking for an explanation that he can fix then it will all be better you would think this was our first!!!! Lol X 

jojo i think expressing a bottle a day is a good compromise just make sure you continue to stimulate your nipples to keep the milk production going xx

Jensen was weighed yesterday and is now 9lb 10ozs which puts him a bit below 50th percentile but he is doing well so just got to keep an eye on his weight gain over the coming weeks X obviously he was nearer the 95th line when he was born and dropped dramatically so caution is being used x

have a good weekend everyone xx 

• Hope your oh gets better soon kayagh and that you don't catch it. Aww hope Kayleigh isn't getting a cold. Jenson's got the sniffles I think that's why he's been so unsettled of a night the past few days and he's been bringing up snotty sick. Seems a lil better today. 

Im pleased Heidi's more settled and your feeling better about the feeding jojo. Have a nice afternoon out. Hope your not defeated by the pushchair! Ha! 

Oh dear Caroline I hope you get to catch up on rest today. 

I feel sore and slightly run down today! I'm off for a bath and then I'm putting fresh pj's on and chilling (whilst doing piles of washing, sterilising bottles, hoovering, etc...) 

• Well Mrs bear that sounds very relaxing lol.  X

ive had a couple of hours this morning and am feeling human again so I'm about to start the chores too they never seem to decrease and when Lauren gets in from school we have to make sure her bedroom is sorted before dad gets home ha ha X or she is for the high jump!!!! X

• You can never sit down for long even on a day where you're doing nothing! It amazes me how much there is to do just to get through the day image I'm just pleased Jenson lets me get some kip of a night otherwise I'd be a complete wreck!! 

Im pleased you feel alive again Caroline 

• I can't wait to have a bath again! I have no idea how long it'll have to be. I also can't wait to DTD, doesn't help that OH is being all lovey and stuff 24/7. 

ive still got the remnants from the dressing on my stomach as well. I'm really struggling to get it off without causing pain...makes me feel so unclean 

we went to the clinic today and she's gained weight but they don't want to discharge us yet so we have to go back on Tuesday and I'm hoping she's packed the pounds on :)

on a side note her cord fell off as OH was changing her, the look of disgust on his face was amazing haha

how Is everyone doing this evening?? Teabag did you have a good night with huxley? 

• You can get bathed jojo I have as I only have a bath No shower. Midwife just said don't soak for ages. I bathed Jenson in the bath with me too image we are still waiting for jensons cord  come off its so annoying as we can't be signed off by midwife till it does! Heidi will pack on the pounds in no time

• Hi. 

Just a quick one to say hello again. Have been in that 'special 4 day emotional roller coaster' and lost the ability to use my phone (or anything for that matter, turning on the kettle was ridiculously hard!) im sure you all know what i mean. Things are starting to make more sense now, which i know is all linked to my milk coming in. OH had been so amazing and Vienna is an absolute star. 

Yesterday had the 4 day weigh in and had a melt down at the midwives, but then had a 180 degree turn around which shocked me but I can now see the light. As I said, things that people told me about having a baby are starting to make sense. Don't think about the time, you're going to worry, it will be ok 😉 I now know there are peaks and troughs of emotions and that the peaks become longer as time goes on. 

OH have already introduced combination feeding so we have the bottle as an option when things are tough. We bottle fed her all yesterday as this was the toughest time for me and I've breast fed her at 2am and just now. I feel more confident that I can breastfeed but will play it by ear and try not beat myself up about it. 

imageimage

Little monkey! 

Will catch up more when I can

lovely to see all of yours little angels and I wish you all well on these unbelievably amazing journeys. 

Xxx

Good morning tank you are doing an amazing job she is just adorable and you must be so proud of her and yourself for producing such a little stunner.  Keep going and it will get easier although as they get older the difficulties don't go away they just change then they give you their innocent smile and it all seems ok again xx

jensen last night wouldn't go down again but then I had my break through moment he is very snotty and it's when we put him in his cot that he starts fussing so I can downstairs and I had a wonderful sleep on the sofa while he slept sitting up in his swing and he went for 6 hours straight which was heaven xx 

• Aww she's gorgeous tankgirl. I'm pleased you're getting on ok. 

Caroline I'm having the same issue with Jenson I thought the snottiness was clearing but he was a complete sod last night/early hours! I think I managed two hours kip amongst three bottle feeds, four poo nappies and whinging. You wouldn't believe it looking at him all peaceful this morning! think il be getting an arvo nap today. 

• Sorry mrs bear just chuckled to myself 4 poo nappies lol mine love a fresh nappy to poo iN quite often go through 10 a night just get them fed and settled and another erupts OH got it yesterday Kayleigh pood all over the sofa and his hand in a Massive eruption of good breast milk poo Feel like all I do at night is change nappies.

nightmare morning warmed some breast milk that was expressed yesterday fed it to Matthew to notice when nearly all done it had curdled not sure how fridge is right temp all I can think it was warm in front of fire yesterday when I expressed was quite happy he was sick after it hoping I haven't made him sick.

tank she is lovely just try and enjoy I know hormones etc drive is mental at times but that is temporary. 

• Tank she's gorgeous! Don't worry about the hormones either, I'm still an emotional wreck but it does get better 

must have been something with last night, we were up till half 5, she just wouldn't settle, we had quite a lot of vom, screaming, dirty nappies a nd cuddles and nada. I think she just wore herself out in the end, though by the way she's sleeping now you wouldn't have thought it. 

• Haha fun fun fun this new baby malarkey X well if it's no better tonight the swung will be put in the bedroom so I get to sleep

in my bed xx

• What a weekend I have a house full my BFF had a complete hysterectomy yesterday and is struggling in hospital with blood sugars and bp she messaged this morning asking if I would have my godsons for the weekend so head count today is 8 kids absolute chaos luckily babies are quiet today hope it continues

• You're crazy kayagh hopefully all the children will play nicely and keep each other occupied image

im dragging myself out with hubby to do food shop then I'm chilling all day and he's on baby duty as I did the whole night shift! 

• Hi Tankgirl81, lovely to see you pop up - do pop us your name and address over when you have a mo please so we can send you some lovely leggings.

Kayagh, you're a bloomin' superstar - really hope you get some rest tomorrow.

Really hope rambosmum and Teabag are catching up on some sleep. 

And to everyone else, your leggings have been sent - please do watch out for them - we'd love to see a piccy of them on your babies if possible!

• Haha I know it's pretty crazy even by my standards I just want my friend to focus on getting better she has been very ill with pcos for 18 months needing morphine for the pain couldn't really say no the boys will stay tonight We will make chocolate cake and have ice cream as they are worried about their mum one is 8 other is 12 but has asd various ailments and very concerned how his mum is so we will make tonight special for them they are all off playing on various games consoles this afternoon while my eldest daughter is ice skating I'm just chilling with the log burner roaring away and the babies are fast asleep.

hope everyone has a good weekend 

• Sounds nice kayagh il be over in a few hours image