Forum home Babies Baby

Jan 16 Babies

Replies

• Wow 8 kids!!  Kayagh you definitely don't do things by half! I wish your friend all the best on healing and getting better. Shes definitely lucky to have you as a friend. (can I come round for dinner? Your plan for the night sounds great)

mrsbear we're ordering online for food shopping at the moment, OH hates going by himself and I'm definitely not up for more walking...yesterday wore me out, plus shopping with a newborn doesn't sound like fun 

I've just had an hour and a half nap and I feel 10x better. we just have so much washing and tidying up to do and I start doing it then stop halfway through, I'm determined to get the front room presentable though....

Unless I get distracted again ;)

have a fab weekend everyone...I hope we all manage to get some sleep tonight!!

• Wow jojo you managed to click that camera at exactly the right time there!

kayagh you deserve a medal, I would have been doing the same for a good friend but I only have two at home 8 sounds like a task and a half!! I hope the floods were kept at bay from your house and the river is back to a safe level, it's so hard to keep up with everything at the moment.  So if I've missed any updates from you and the floods I apologise.  

Im at big bounce with Lauren and Jenson right now and thought my oh would have come to keep me company but no.  I said if I knew you weren't coming I wouldnt have got jensen dressed and he could have been left with you but he nearly died and said I don't think I could have him all by myself for a full afternoon haha bloody men!!!! I hope he realises I do it by myself every day and I do the night shift so he can sleep for work but that's enough of me whinging he's a gem really just doubts his ability to fly solo with a newborn.

• Aww Caroline that sounds frustrating men huh.  My OH doesn't seem fazed by the twins I can go do the school run as long as there is a bottle sterilized he copes Ok bit flustered when they both start screaming.

how much top up do you give Jensen Caroline these are on about 1oz each sometimes 1.5 they share a bottle of love to get back to exclusive feeding but it is a bit easier with the top ups plus so far the odd bottle of formula hasn't upset things but helps me out when they are cluster feeding as that really is tough with two.

Floods we escaped them house down the road didn't water to the windows We are built higher up

• I'm pleased you escaped the water, we were watching it on the news and saying that's the carpark we used when going into town and that's the street we would walk up my daughter lived directly across the road from the police station in a student house share so she would have been Sade but it was scary watching never mind living in the middle of it.

hensen varies he takes anywhere between 1-2 ozs and cluster feeds I sometimes give in and give a 4 oz bottle to try and catch a bit of a break, the past day or two with this stuffy nose he hasn't been taking much at all loves being in the breast but falls asleep within minutes so if he is no better by Monday when health visitor next comes out I'll mention it to her.

i don't always give a top up if he settles after the greasy but think he is starting to get used to the top ups but he won't take a dummy at all x

• Hey guys 😊

Kayagh, you are the definition of super mum!!! So, everyone, meet you all round at Kayagh's tonight? 😁

I'm delighted to say that so far, I'm still feeling well in myself *touches wood*. I had a couple of days where I felt teary and cried this morning when I thought about my nanna and grandad who died last year, but apart from that, so relieved that I'm coping so far. Physically I'm knackered as not getting much sleep but so far I've abandoned the moses basket and we're co sleeping. It's not what I wanted and the sleep I get is extremely broken and it's exhausting, but at least I'm getting something. My hubby took Huxley downstairs around 5.30 this morning and I got a good 2.5hrs sleep making me feel alive again! Yesterday I took Huxley to work to meet them all. I walked a total of 9 miles yesterday including the school runs!! Was shattered as that's the most exercise I've done in months! Got more visitors tomorrow too and most of next week then things should quieten down a bit. 

Heidi is a peach!! Don't beat yourself up about anything - none of us should. 

Jensen is amazing, however did he sleep for 6 hours straight Caroline?!?! That's amazing, bet you felt great!

Mrs bear, how's your scar doing? Hope it's healing up OK. 

It's our 10 year anniversary of when we met today so we're getting a takeaway tonight. We usually go out but it'll be less stressful staying in!

Pinning all my hopes on that dummy in 10 days' time!!

Xx

• I think the 6 hrs is a mixture of him not being very well and he had a very very good feed before he fell asleep but although I feel like I've caught up on my sleep for a while, I have to be honest and I started worrying about why he was sleeping so long lol you just can't win xx 

• I'm pleased all is going well teabag. My scars ok just sore in that area in general well more sensitive than sore. Enjoy your takeaway tonight put your feet up! 

I think I'm passed tired now hubby keeps telling me to go up to bed and catch up on sleep but there's so much to do in general that I can't focus on sleep. Hopefully Jenson will be more settled tonight. 

Hope you have a better night tonight Caroline. 

Hope you get some peace with the 8 children in your house kayagh. 

Hopefully you'll get a better night too jojo

• Good morning all, last night we tried lying flat in the cot but breathing difficult again so swing was brought up into bedroom and Jensen slept from 12 till 4.30 then we got up at 7 I hope his cold clears soon but if he needs to sleep sitting up I'm just thankful we have the swing it was a freebie from a friend which has been a godsend x

i hope you all had a good night xx

• At least you got some good sleep Caroline image

i think Jenson is getting better he seems to be getting his appetite back and was ravenous last night guzzling 120ml bottles through the night like he wasn't fed for a day! Hubby got up for first bottle so I got a lil extra sleep didn't seem like long between the bottles though. 

How was everyone else's night?

• Teabag happy anniversary for yesterday hope you enjoyed your takeaway.

caroline hope your wee man gets better soon and sleeps for you.

well kids were good as gold last night and my friend had all the drains removed this morning and her boys were so excited to head in to see her today.

OH treated us to takeaway last night delivered too hahaha one of the issues with two little ones popping out for anything is a task and a half. I changed Paige's ice skating lesson from Saturday morning to Monday evening I have to preserve sanity somewhere and getting out on a Saturday at 9.30 was near impossible.  

Thank you all for your lovely comments it means a lot.

sending sleepy thoughts to all the babies tonight. 

• What beautiful babies we have on this forum!

Rufus slept in his own bed for the first time Thursday night, 1.5 hours at a time, it was great, but unfortunately it has not been repeated. I've had around 4 hours today though so not too bad. 

I'm loving breast feeding. Really thought I'd hate it but I'm not, it's a pain being the only one that can feed him though so think I'm going to start mix feeding at some point.

• Good idea kayagh, hopefully moving the ice skating sessions will help you be a bit more chilled on a Saturday.

Rambosmum - you're doing grand. I breastfed my first son for a year (cos I'm a cheapskate and didn't want to buy formula!) and I can only say that it gets easier. They go for longer and longer between feeds and they get quicker too so that by the time they're a couple of months old, they feed quicker than bottle fed babies. I'm going to buy a bottle and some sterile pouches (from boots) and you can express straight into them. Then someone else can feed Rufus if you were going out or something. I gave Felix a bottle from 4 weeks to make sure he took it ok so I'll do the same for Huxley. But just with using your hand to express, I found that the best way to get loads of milk. I had a good supply by the time he was 8 weeks! 

Well I'm thoroughly cheesed off. My HV wants to refer Huxley to the hospital because his jaundice hasn't quite gone yet. It's been getting better every day and has nearly gone and it's just because he's breastfed and it's safe, but she wants to refer him anyway. I said no. She gave me a lecture on how I should be thinking about what was best for baby. That made me cry and I got really stressed and upset because she'd kept me waiting so long that I was going to be late picking Felix up from school. AND she made me weigh him. Surely she should know that because he's put on so much weight (1lb 2oz in less than 3 weeks since birth!) the jaundice isn't a problem. And I'd put so many things in place to stop me getting stressed, such as not getting him weighed, not having unnecessary interventions.... Bah. Then she was saying she wanted to come out next week or weds or tomorrow or even today after the school run. I just want her to leave me alone cos I just don't like her much anyway. I know my son is fine, just leave us be!!! As it ended, i couldn't get out of there quick enough but was a blubbering wreck. So now she's twitched about my mental health. But I was honestly feeling fine til I saw her!

Rant over. 

We've just booked Felix into the after school club for the rest of the week so I only have morning school runs to do. 6 miles a day is a bit much after a c section. 3 is enough! My tummy is still sore so probably wise to go a bit easier.

And Huxley went 3 whole hours in his moses basket last night! Was bliss!!!!! Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to persevere! 

Xxx

• 3 hours teabag I bet that felt like a weeks worth of sleep in one night (bliss) id the HV phone the hospital while she was with you? If she did and you have to take him to be checked over then it should get her off your back. Whatever happens with her keep telling yourself that you are thinking of Huxley and youll do whatever is best for him.  

My HV was out today and I think that was the last home visit as I'm going to see her at the breast feeding support group on Thursday morning as she runs the group and she'll give Jensen a quick look over there but she was very happy with him today and weighed him again which I didn't think she would as he was just weighed on Thursday last week and he is now 9lb 14ozs which is bang on 50th centile so all is good.  

kayagh I think moving ice skating to Monday evening is a genius idea I know I struggle to get one ready and be out the door before lunch  sometimes put a coat over his baby grow (lazy) just to get us out in time so getting two ready to go I know I would be pulling my hair out!!  I'm pleased the child minding the other night went smoothly.

i hope everyone else is doing well xxx

• Awww teabag just keep breathing I must admit to hating being harrassed by hv etc so far so good they started telling me no dummies til 4 weeks old I just answered them it's my choice and I'm happy with the risk it could interfere with feeding.  Matthews jaundice hasn't long cleared up and he is 4 weeks tomorrow sometimes they are just busy bodies I'm on home visits for months yet as it's twins and they said it's best they come to me but have promised to stick to a set time to make sure they don't interrupt our routine.

both had their hip scan today and all was fine so think they are done with hospital appointments for a bit.

id love to know how mine do it everytime I serve dinner up one of them starts wailing OH is getting used to chopping my food up for me so I can eat 1 handed and feed whichever is awake. 

Nightyimes are easier feed between 11-12 then usually about 4 and again at 8 takes me about 45 min to get both fed and changed usually I feed he changes.

• haha kayagh I think it's a baby clock thing every time my meal is ready Jensen starts and my oh asked the other night should I cut it up for you I said yeah bite size pieces and give me a spoon lol X 

move still not had the appontment for Jenson's hip scan I'll have to ask HV to chase it up as he is 6 weeks on Friday.

• Rufus does that Caroline. I've become adept at eating one handed!

• my oh used to feed me whilst I breastfed, with the bottle I usually just wait till she's finished :)

we have a mw app and a hv app tomorrow so it's gonna be a busy busy day and I'm really not looking forward to it, plus I've been trying to get hold of my drs to sort out my peeing problem (I think it's a uti as I suffered with them a lot) and I just can't get through, it's really irritating.

on the plus side my best friends from Newcastle and Middlesbrough came down to see me yesterday and it was lovely :)   

• Oh jojo im going to try to get an appointment in the morning for my gp as I'm sure I've got a UTI too so antibiotics for me, I hope you are able to get through to yours x

• Well I've got an appointment at 9.15 so for the first time in weeks im up showered dressed and Jensen is dressed and fed so we are good to go ice surprised myself and now hope dr will give me antibiotics before sending a sample off so they can start working as quick as possible then they'll phone me if I need different antibiotics xx I hope you have got an appointment jojo.

• I'm on trimethoprim for three days unless the sample comes back saying I need something else so I should feel better soon xx