Forum home Babies Baby

Jan 16 Babies

Replies

• Oh gosh that's awful rambosmum 😥 I'm giving Huxley n extra squeeze just thinking of this. Hope you're OK xxx

• That's heartbreaking rambosmum. Makes you appreciate the sleepless nights. X

• still birth has got to be the toughest thing you ever go through I don't know how you can recover from that I know my mil still cries over her still borns.

HV been annoyed me slightly as she made comment about the fact that when one is crying and there is a dummy about ie Matthew was feeding so I had his dummy on the table so oh gave to Kayleigh as she was screaming that well if one gets thrush they both will hmmmm they share breasts so they would anyway I don't see it as the end if the world they have also shared bottles before as I figure if one gets poorly they both will it's not the end of the world but she has written in red books advised re sharing soothers which is actually not true she just made comment about well if one gets thrush other will grrrrrr.

matthew is now 6lb4oz has dropped a little off the 25th centile and kayleigh is now 7lb1oz and above 25th.  Matthew is slow to gain the weight but equally very contented and lots of wet and dirty nappies tho I'm starting to worry he isn't gaining weight enough as Kayleigh is packing it on now but she is a much greedier baby. 

• Bless you kayagh, hvs are annoying aren't they?! There are the guidelines and then there's the real world!!! 😁 I'm with you, how else would you function?!? I'd have done the same.

I had my doctor's appointment and she's going to talk to the HVs and get me a different one, a nice one! The doc understands that I'm fine and that I just didn't get on with the HV. I think they're all a bit twitched cos of me having been poorly last time. I can understand that but I still think she should've handled it better. Anyway, it's getting sorted now but I think I've got to accept that I've got to have lots of visits from the HV whether I like it or not. 

• Meant to say too kayagh, I know they're twins but you have 2 different babies and if they'd been from 2 different pregnancies you probably wouldn't be as worried about Matthew's weight. He's got lots of wet and dirty nappies, that's the main thing. He'll gain his weight in his own sweet time. If you didn't have kayleigh to compare him to, do you think you'd feel better? You're doing amazingly well hun xxx

• I'm pleased your dr was supportive teabag, I guess because you were unwell last time they want to give as much support as possible and maybe a different HV visiting might not be so bad, I have to say my health visitor is lovely and when I went to breast feeding support group today she checked in with me and asked if I would like her to come out Monday but I said I would come to clinic as I welcome getting out the house.

kayagh I'm sure Matthew is just as healthy as Kayleigh but as teabag said when you have two you can't help but compare.  He is feeding and gaining weight just not as fast as his sister but he will get there xx

• Yes health visitors are very annoying counting the days til they stop home visits but loads to go yet They like to annoy for longer with twins and low birth weights.

Glad you got sorted teabag yours sounded like a total cow and definately could have handled things better. I really hope another health visitor is more helpful and actually tries to work and support with you instead of against you We are here too for any rants or support.  I truly believe other mums are more support and this group is great as we all have wee ones same age

im trying not to focus on matthews weight As I know he is doing well HV is leaving us for two weeks now so that I don't need to see someone I don't know  as she is on leave next week. at the end of day I'll just do my own thing yes twins is a learning curv but all in all I have plenty of experience no I don't know everything but I'll find a way forward and I will never compromise the health of the babies. 

• Oh rambo that's absolutely awful :( im praying her little one in nicu improves for her. 

Bloody hell teabag, I'm surprised you managed to hold it together! HV are supposed to support you not make you feel inadequate or disregard everything you say, I hope your next one is completely different. 

Kayagh you're doing absolutely amazing, I wouldn't worry too much about their weights, babies gain weight at different rates just like adults, it's just more difficult for you because you've got another to compare to. 

we've introduced a dummy to Heidi when she's having her nappy changed and sometimes after feeding for a bit, she's getting so worked up and she's constantly got her hands in her mouth (we think it's a comfort thing as well as a hunger thing) I don't want her to have a dummy all the time though so it's just for a couple of minutes to settle her down. We've also got from having dirty nappies quite regular to about one a day, (not including wet) i assume this is normal? 

and the due date is the 2nd August :) I'm getting her to sign up to this site as it's helped me loads and she may find it helpful as well :) 

• Kayagh, sounds like you're doing great with the twins. I'm still getting visits from the midwife, making me worry now that somethings wrong! 

Rufus won't take a dummy, which is frustrating as he uses my nipple as a dummy and they are getting sore, as he feeds really well, good latch and all but at the end of the feed he loosens the latch and just sucks the nipple for comfort!

• Jensen does the same rambosmum he won't entertain a dummy at all but will very happily lie for hours with my nipple in his mouth x

• Rambosmum we only got discharged from midwife last week each area is different so I wouldn't worry at all 

• Here is Jensen in his leggings chilled out after his lunch ximage

• imageChilling out one month old today.  I got my leggings this morning will try them later 

• They are gorgeous kayagh. Can't believe how much hair kayleigh has! 

Glad it's not just mine Caroline. Doesn't he look cute in his leggings!

Got discharged by midwife today, Rufus has put on 1lb 9oz since birth! Also got contraception from GP, and whilst there asked about my iron levels as they hadn't issued another prescription when I called up 2 weeks ago (Dr on call had said he'd look at the levels and issue a prescription if he thought I'd need it, and he didn't). Today's GP told me I was severely anaemic and " could have all the iron I want".

• Get eating spinach Rambosmum.

im still on iron hate it that and multi vit.

got my referral to be sterilised doctor was like I don't know why you can't have another form of contraception I was like coil been there done that implant allergic mini pill yeah in my busy house never mind it puts my bp up but got my referal 1st march app so hopefully when oh gets home I can get my tube tied as another pregnancy would be serverly affected by the antibodies Feel quite sad about it in a way.

• sounds like a silly question but does being sterilised stop the monthlys? I'm just gonna go on the implant again, I stopped the August before last because I was getting infuriated with my period not being regular and always happen whenever i travelled to see the OH, but as we live together now it's not such a bad idea going back on it. 

we've finally got power back in the house, yesterday morning till today at 6am we had half power (a brownout) and could use most electrical things except the boiler wouldn't work, the kettle/microwave/steriliser/prep machine/bottle warmer took forever to heat up so we were using the gas hob to heat water so we could feed heidi then today at 6 till 3pm we had a full power cut. It's the second time in 4 months, we had to go to OH's aunts house so we could use the steriliser to make bottles up. Crazy!

we finally registered Heidi yesterday, but due to electrical problems then we were caught behind a funeral procession we were late to the appointment so we're gonna have to send the child benefit forms off separately. Such a pain. I hope tomorrow is better for us, last day with OH before he returns to work, I'm dreading it   

• No sterilized doesn't stop monthlies unfortunately it's just permanent and instant unlike a vasectomy it will be day surgery if OH got fixed it takes up to 6months for clear samples and in the meantime we can't afford accidents.

not much fun no power jojo.

we are going on a road trip tomorrow driving to,old ham to collect a car and then calling in to see my nan on way back. It will be tough as most of the family have blanked the twins my nan is still my nan and I hope if she sees how happy we are she will sort her own opinion out instead of listening to my parents.

• Aww Jensen is gorgeous Caroline. 

Kayleigh and Mathew are gorgeous too kayagh. Wow you're brave kayagh image enjoy your road trip tomorrow. 

sounds like you've had a right old carry on with no power jojo. Atleast it's back now. We register Jenson Thursday. 

Im not going back on contraceptive until after our second child because it messed up my body and ruined my periods and took us 15 months to concieve because of it. I can't go through all the stress, reflexology and herbal treatments again. We are just using condoms! 

We did family visiting today. Off to car boot tomorrow and more family visiting. 

• Sterilisation sounded drastic at first kayagh but when you think it takes 6 months for a vasectomy to work, you're right, it's better to be careful. I think any woman's last child is a sad thing. I'm cuddling Huxley that bit longer and tighter knowing he's my last. Hope your road trip went well. Family can be so stressful!! Your babies are beautiful

Glad Heidi is taking a dummy for you Jojo, I caved and gave Huxley one 2 nights ago!!! It worked!!! 2 whole unbroken hours of sleep!!! 2 nights running!! Hoping we can just build it up from there. Glad your power is back on too.

I don't blame you Mrs bear for not using long term contraception. 15 months is a long time to TTC. I'll be getting another mirena coil as I never had periods on that and for those of you planning another, you're fertile as soon as it's removed. I conceived Felix instantly. You can get it inserted 4 weeks post partum but I'm going to wait til about 12 weeks so I know I've healed thoroughly. 

imageimage

I just love him!!! Xx

• imageimageimage

Oh ladies Jensen is my last one but I keep looking at him and thinking I could do it all again (I'm not) but my hormonal mind is working overtime!!!! 

I was looking at the photos from a couple of hours after birth and comparing them to now and he has grown so much 😩  I want him to be my little baby as long as possible bless him he has a certified nutter for a mum xx I know he is only six weeks and still my baby but he is growing fast xx