Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Congrats mrsn1985 she's gorgeous x

• Options

Don't know if this will be any help to anyone I've found Remzi sleeps best with a Clair de lune dots blanket x

• Options

Lovely to see you over on this babies thread MrsN1985.

Mummy Tortoise, tell us more about this blanket - is it a swaddle type?

• Options

No it's not a swaddle blanket but I do use it in what my mum calls an apple pie bed. he lays on half then the other half over him, he can't slip under as there no where to go it's like he's in a pitta pocket 😉

• Options

I'm waiting on my health visitor coming.

My husband wants me to tell her how I'm feeling. I can't seem to settle at night for crippling anxiety that causes upset stomach. I'm unable to stop crying after starting for no reason.

Every time I feed my baby he is sick for ages and I can't seem to settle him so I avoid feeding him if someone else can do it.

He currently has the cold and I keep fearing it is something else. I keep taking his temperature and checking his breathing.

I feel useless and a shit mother. My husband has only been back to work since Monday and I've had to call my mum twice to help me.

I just feel helpless

• Options

Oh katt1906 don't be so hard on yourself. It's natural to feel anxious and worry. Make sure you tell your health visitor how you feeling and never be afraid to ask for help xxx

if babe very sick maybe he needs different milk discuss with your health visitor xx

i struggled yesterday evening there will be moments that overwhelm us just dont beat yourself up x

• Options

Oh Katt1906 please tell your hv how you are feeling I had terrible anxiety a number of years ago and I plucked up the courage to admit it to my husband and my doctor and it changed my life the help and advice I received. I'm not sure if you are in the UK but if you are ask to get signed up for The Beating the Blues online course for anxiety run by the nhs it really really helped me so much. I could feel the anxiety last week when we came home from hospital but was able to use the techniques and syop it before it took over.  Plus don't forget your hormones are plumiting back to normal so that is causing all sorts of emotions to go through you. Try to always focus on your breathing and not let your mind run ahead to 'what ifs??' Even if you focus on 2 breaths it breaks your thought cycle. When things settle for you really look into mindfulness it is so good for anxiety. Ringing your mum for help is the right thing to do that's what she's there for. After we changed milk to the Hipp probiotic organic food Grace is like a different baby, feed, winded, poo and sleeping again within 45mins so do look into changing food. Also why not get the baby monitor with the alarm pad for under the mattress as this has really helped put my mind at reast at night cause I knew i would be sitting watching her breath at night.  But please speak to your hv, there is so much help and advice out there to make things better for you. God bless and take care.xx

• Options

Oh katt1906, so sorry you're feeling so blue. Please do let us know how you get on with the health visitor - it's really good you're talking about it, and getting it out though, and Jcdg is absolutely right, calling your mum to help is the right thing to do.

Personally I had a very sicky second baby - she would vomit after every single feed, and we found changing formula, and slowing down the feeds (burping after every few minutes) really helped. Don't worry, he will grow out of it. 

Hang in there katt and please let us know what's happening.

Hi to everyone else too, we hope you're doing good.

We just wondered if any of you are experiencing any problems with the forum, please could you let us know on this thread?

And also, if any of you had a breech baby (we think you did) can you help this lovely lady on this thread?

• Options

Hi Katt sorry you are struggling at the mo!! It's a big stressful thing having a massive life change and think it takes a while to settle!! My emotions  have been everywhere and sometimes I say I just want to be a good mam and feel crap!! I def think it's good to get some support but don't be hard on yourself, you will be doing great just think u have just had a labour are dealing with sleep deprivation, your whole life has changed and have different responsibilities plus hormones are all over the place!!! Everyone will be so proud of you!!! Xx 

• Options

imageReceived my Lamaze toy all the way in the U.S. Thank you Danielle! 

• Options

Are any of the breast feeders considering switching to formula?? Xx

• Options

Happy mothers day mummies x

• Options

Happy Mothers Day everyone xx

Yes Angreag1990. I swear after every feed that I'm going to buy formula but still struggling on 2wks 4days later. Never thought it could be so painful & time consusing & inconvenient :( 

• Options

Happy Mother's day to all you lovely mummies! You are all doing a fantastic job! 

Andreag1990 I have just switched to formula two days ago! I have been struggling on and on with breastfeeding saying I'll just try one more night again and again but I finally gave in. Scarlett kept projectile vomiting, my milk was coming too fast and she was coughing, gagging and crying on the breast. It was still killing me because she was clicking and pulling off the breast and she was feeding constantly and acting hungry as soon as she came off. I was exhausted and upset and surely both of us getting upset along with everything else is just not good for anyone. Already she seems more settled and is sleeping for longer the last 2 nights, my boobs are killing me bit hopefully this won't last long. If you feel that breastfeeding is really not working out for you then please don't feel guilty about moving to formula (although I did!). If you feel that it's right for you and your baby then it will be. I have tried my absolute best to breastfeed and persevered for 4 weeks but I needed sleep and my sanity.

How is everyone doing? I hope you all have a lovely mother's day, no matter how tired, emotional and battered we feel. We are all so blessed to have our beautiful babies. Xxxxx 

• Options

I know how hard it can be to BF. I tried for 10 days with my first but he just wasn't gaining weight and was constantly crying for food.

It was the best decision I made to put him on formula but also one of the hardest. I cried for days thinking I was a bad mum because I could give him what he wanted.  He is now a happy healthy 2 1/2 yr old full of energy.

This time round I'm 1 week in and going great, she's gaining weight and is almost back to birth weight already. I'm one proud mummy xxx

• Options

Andreag1990 you should do what is best for you at this stage, a happy mummy will mean ahappy baby. There is no point "struggling" on if it is taking all the enjoyment out of this special time that is crucial to bonding. I had to accept that I could not breast feed because I had to go straight back on my medication for rheumatoid arthritis and I have to say it makes me so cross the guilt and pressure that is out there about not breast feeding. We are still feeding, bonding and loving our babies so we can all be proud mummies😊

• Options

Hapoy mothers day everyone! 

As the other ladies said Andreag1990 do whatever is best for you. I tried breastfeeding in hospital but they wouldn't latch on I have since expressed so although they are bottle fed they get my milk, we ended up giving them formula one night as I was low on Breast milk and it was awful although they slept for longer they were both being really sick I was glad to get back onto my milk. Expressing isn't easy though most people can't believe I have twins and Breast feed but it works for us. 

ive had a tiring few days both girls have been a lot more alert and constantly wanting picked up they scream until I pick them up but there is only one of me so I cant especially if I'm feeding her sister so today while both were screaming I gave them a dummy each and they settled down instantly, I really didn't want to give them a dummy but if it gives them the comfort they need then it's better for them. Still feel I should be able to comfort them without it though 😣 

• Options

I made it to the two week mark and switches to formula.... I felt absolutely exhausted..... Shes up a few hours a time at night and would constantly be coming on and off the boob and I've been feeling like crap that I can't even shower without worrying that I'm the only one that could feed her!! I've felt so bad switching to formula as the midwives and health visitors etc all pressurise to stay on breast!!! But I'm so much happier bottle feeding!! Means I can actually get some help!! 

Not or sure if Ava is going through a growth spurt.... She never used to cry during the night now she is a lot more wingey.... And very bright eyed during the night!!!

• Options

Andreag, remember shes your baby if you are happier on formula then do what makes you happy. For breast feeding being the most natural thing in the world it's bloody hard! My babies won't feed probably at my Breasts they are too lazy when I was in hospital they were getting me to try it constantly and I was exhausted and they werent getting enough food that's why I started expressing means my husband and mum and whoever else can help feed! 

my babies are alot more alert and wide awake during the day it's exhausting