Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

I honestly don't know how you do it with two!! I am so tired!! Everyone tells me to nap during the day but I need to do house jobs and baby stuff and then if I get a spare hour anywhere it's nice just to watch some to or something!! Do your babies have diff sleep schedules too?? 

• Options

Hi ladies,

First just want to say thanks for everyone's kind words. I had felt better after speaking to my health visitor. She told me to stop putting so much pressure on myself and to give myself a break. She is going to do a post natal depression with me tomorrow.

Unfortunately, a very close family friend died and I've been grieving so I'm not sure if my low mood is a resu

• Options

Hi ladies,

First just want to say thanks for everyone's kind words. I had felt better after speaking to my health visitor. She told me to stop putting so much pressure on myself and to give myself a break. She is going to do a post natal depression with me tomorrow.

Unfortunately, a very close family friend died and I've been grieving so I'm not sure if my low mood is a result of that or pnd. 

Things just seem to be going from bad to worse. My new dishwasher arrived today but the guy told me the dishwasher is holding up my workshop but was able to fit it. Then my boiler broke.Going to cost me £1500 to replace. They can't replace until Thursday(which is the day of the funeral I now can't go to). I've now got to go to Thursday with no heating or hot water. 

Feel like everything is falling down around me. My stomach feels full of glass, I can't even sleep when I'm actually getting time to sleep.

My mum tried to get me to remember I was sick every day for 9 months and was on crutches for 4 and then was induced early and my boy had jaundice and that takes a lot out of you.

I love my son, I sit and stare at him although I find myself not wanting to be alone with him, feel I need someone to help me at all times.

• Options

I don't nap during the day either I just can't there's normally one baby awake or I need to do things like shower or eat lol. I luckily have an amazing husband who does the evening feeds so I nap all evening just about to go for a sleep now. They are pretty good for schedules i had a every three hours feeding routine I now don't wake them but they wake themselves every three hours, one right after the other! They do often sleep at the same time but not always, only time I find really hard is about 4am as i feed them and theres always one that won't settle and all I want to do is sleep, I dread that feed. 

Aw katt im sorry you are going through such a rubbish time, take every day as it comes and don't be afraid to share how you feel either on here or with your health visitor or family. having a baby is such a huge lifestyle change! 

• Options

Hey ladies so tired right now, came up to bed at 7.30 as wanted to sleep only little man had other ideas and wouldn't settle until gone midnight and awake again now. I do love bf him but it is exhausting and he is too fond of being cuddled and has a protest in his Moses basket 😴😴😴🙏

• Options

It's funny when the oh is on night shift she winges all night and won't sleep and now he's home she's so much more settled!! Can a two week old really understand missing daddy??

katt i hope things settle down for you soon!! All the crap stuff seems to come at once!! 

Bluerani  i struggle the most with the night bit!! Tonight the oh took the first feed at 12:30 so has give me a bit of a break!! This whole bottle business makes life so much easier!!

mummy tortoise my little one is doing the same now!! She got changed had her bottle fell asleep.... As soon as I put her in the basket she's stirring and winging and then put her back in my knee and she's settled!!! hoping to get back to sleep soon xxx

• Options

Hi ladies!

Haven't had 2 minutes to update any of these threads. Little man Hunter is now 18 days old and changing so much every day! 

My other half has now gone back to work and we miss him already but managing ok. 

I'm breastfeeding and it seems to be going well apart from having no routine at night as feeding on demand so sometimes he will sleep for 4 hours but other nights he wants feeding every hour. BUT his weight gain has been amazing, when we were discharged from hospital he was 6 days old and at his birth weight which was 7lb 13oz, the midwife came to our house 4 days later and he weighed 8lb 11oz so nearly a lb gained in 4 days!!! Can't wait to get him weighed this week.

This week I am trying to get into a routine of getting things done around the house when Hunter sleeps, so far this morning I have managed to shower and am just drying my hair! 

• Options

Forgot to add his picture!

• Options

Hi ladies, I am feeling very lucky and blessed. Grace is just the most content little lady. She was fed at 6ish this morning, changed into her day outfit, back in her crib and is still sleeping away. My hubby started back to work today, so far so good. I'm showered, dressed makeup on, floors done, wash on and bottles made and now patiently waiting on her waking again before two of my friends arrive for coffee and then after lunch we're heading out for our big walk and then hubby will be home. I just can't wait to be able to drive again then we can be out and about even more. I really do believe Grace is so settled because I did mindfulness meditation all through my pregnancy. Long may it last😀😀

• Options

gorgeous little man steph1209 x

i to have managed to shower today 😀 Taking Remzi to get weighed this afternoon. Really need to get into a routine never seem to get anything done

• Options

Little man put on 8oz this week! 😀. He now weighs 7lbs 10oz

• Options

hi everyone its been a long while since I updated you guys.. My little one was born 2.5 kg... i think that translates to 5 pounds+ something. He is on the small side for being born in the 37th week so i was determined to breast feed him. It was hard and still is but I have help from family so I am blessed all I can focus on is the baby. he has his days sometimes its easy nights sometimes its hard. He tends to like laying skin to skin on me in the night when he is fussy and always during the early morning feed but he has taken to the crib and does sleep mostly in it. I recently bough a bouncer as he was getting super fussy when he was awake between feeds. I have had to schedule him a bit.. he seems to be a hungry baby with a huge appetite and will feed for 1 complete hour sometimes even more. Hence I have to deprive him, I learnt my lesson one day when I thought he was hungry and fed him for 4 hours straight ( he was latched and would suck on and off) I was about to cry my eyes out from the pain and sitting in one place .. i thought he was not getting enough . Now I feed him for 1 hour max and if he asks for more its distraction with either a bath or bouncer or spending time with the family. little to my surprise when I went for his check up the doctor said he had a good weight gain. I was worried because I was depriving him and it felt bad but my mom said as long as he is wetting his diapers its ok.. he just likes the comfort of sucking and I need my sanity !

• Options

Hi MandyN, SO good to hear from you! Great news on your sons weight gain too! Won't you pop us a PM with your name and address details so we can pop your toy in the post please?

Hi everyone else, we were wondering if you might let us know on this thread how long you stayed in hospital after having your baby? Apparently in the UK we have the shortest stays in hospital, so we'd love to see how it compares nationwide.

• Options

I was taken into hospiral on the Monday as my waters broke had the babies by emergency c section on the Wednesday night, was discharged from that hospital on the Sunday night and transferred through to my hometown midwifery unit (my choice) and was there until the wednesday so I was in for 9 days. I got an infection though so I was kept in until they tackled that 

• Options

I arrived at hospital 7.30am - Mya born 6.28pm & i was discharged at 11am the next morning 

• Options

I had my baby at 5am Sunday n got discharged 1pm Monday!!! They were going to discharge me same day but kept me in for breast feeding support 

• Options

Hi Bluerani, DDMCA and Andreag1990 - thanks so much for letting us know how long you were kept in hospital (or booted out as the case may be!), but we're collecting the info on this thread - any chance you might click on this link and post it there us for please?

How is everyone else doing with your new babies? katt, we're thinking about you lots and hope you're hanging in there?

• Options

MandyN - could you please pop us your name and address details over on a PM please so we can send you out your Lamaze toy?

• Options

Hi everyone

This week has been a bit better. After the boiler breakdown disaster on Monday, my folks came to the rescue and have paid for my new one. It is being installed at the moment so me and Patrick are huddled in the living room with a portable heater as the engineer has my side and back doors open so the house is freezing. The cost of the boiler would have meant going back to work 2 months earlier, so that wasn't helping my stress levels.

I had been doing the night feeds in my bedroom, sitting on the edge of my bed. This week, I changed and brought him down stairs to the living room. I would set up a glass of water on my table and a biscuit and put the TV on for light with subtitles. I have found that each night I have been able to settle him within the hour. I also decided if the nappy wasn't dirty (only wet) I wouldn't change it and I think that has helped too.

I had been getting really upset stomachs after waking. I reckon, something I dream about increases my anxiety levels. I took a couple Imodium and it seems to have calmed the physical ailment, I'm working on the mental ailment.

I don't think I'm suffering from PND, I think I was just putting too much pressure on myself as a new mother and the lack of sleep had been a massive factor in this. I have called on my mum for support and she has been a super star. I think she's enjoying the exercise of pushing the pram.

My husband is away for a job interview today and if he was to get it, it would be a big step up in pay that would allow me to stay off work a bit longer and maybe not go back as many hours as I have to at the moment.

Just a massive thank you to everyone for the kind words and for asking after me. This forum has been a great support and I find it quite therapeutic to write down what I'm feeling.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

• Options

So glad you feeling more confident katt1906 after reading your post on how long you were in hospital for I can understand why you were so anxious. are you in uk? I found the care I received sorely lacking from my first and hoped it was because they decided as it was my second I didn't need it but think there just too much pressure on the NHS. i'm sure lots of medical staff are overworked and obviously that will affect care but when I was able to get out of bed on my second night the staff were all sitting around the reception desk. 

i usually change little mans nappy before I feed him at night so he (hopefully) will settle back down after x