Forum home Babies Baby

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• katt1906, great news to hear you're doing so well. Those early days with a baby can be so immensly daunting - I remember when I had my first, I had a real bad case of the baby blues, and fell to pieces when my husband had to go back to work. You're really not alone, remember that.

While we're here, can of you who had c-sections help this lady who's utterly petrified of her impending section? She's on this thread...

• Katt that's brilliant to read you're doing much better and your mum and dad are fab. Such a good idea to go downstairs and make yourself more comfortable.xx

• Thanks so much for Mya's Lamaze toy x

• Hi ladies

Can I ask for peoples opinions on dogs.

My inlaws have invited us up for dinner tonight but they have a dog. I hate dogs and although she is quite a calm dog, I always hold the baby when we have visited them and never sit the car seat down on the floor.

As we will be there for more than a 30 min visit, I will need to bring up the rocker seat for him to go on which sits on the floor and I'm terrified of the dog coming near him. Even though I don't think she would hurt him I just don't want a dog touching or sniffing my baby.

My husband loves the dog and thinks I'm being crazy but I don't really know what to say and its not really possible for me to hold him for 3 hours.

• My mum has a dog (ruby) shes a rescue dog and athough she's lovely and well behaved and I love her to bits I would never fully trust a dog around a baby Especially a new one thats not always in the home. Is there a higher surface you can put the babies rocker on safely? I put my babies in their car seats on the coffee table in the living room. I let Ruby sniff the babies as I want her to get used to them but we keep very close eye. 

• I wouldn't let a dog near a baby especially their face the dogs sniff poo and lick their bits so defo a no no for me!!!

• I'm the same jcdg don't even let my own cat sniff my little man let alone someone else's dog x 

• I had to laugh earlier.

I was in our son's room trying to sort out all the clothes we've been given when my husband appears witht the baby who was wide awake and grizzly.

He says - can you watch him, I need to get something to eat and a shower and he wont sit in his rocker.

I had to start laughing, this is my daily challenge trying to wash and eat and he's not coping one Saturday morning.

• Lol katt1906 my hubby the same as soon as Remzi cries he gives him to me and says he needs feeding even if he's just been fed!

Thankyou made for mums for Ava's Lamaze toy!!!! 

• You are SO welcome Andreag1990 x

• imageThank you lots xx

• Hi

My son will only take the mam dummy that we got free.

Anyone able to send a link to the same one with the bunny design as ai can't find it online.

• Katt1906 you only appear to be able to get the bunny dummy in a set with a bottle - looked on mams website x

• Will he not take any other mam dummies? They do loads of different ones. 

• Its not mam ones ive got. Before I ordered any from their website I wanted to see if I could get the same one. Will give them a try.

• girls got weighed today Sophia is 8lb13 and georgia is 7lb2 can't believe how big they are getting 😍 imageimage

• what a night! Patrick was pretty much fully awake from 2am. My husband had to go in late for work to help me doing a morning feed.

while entertaining the boy in his rocker I built his mobile and floor mat.

I have him in my arms trying to settle him for a nap. Hes got his 6 week appointment at the doctor later. My mum is coming over to help me get there on time.

• Ah they doing so well bluerani!

little monkey katt1906 they certainly keep us on our toes! Remzi still barely sleeps unless being cuddled 😞

• Can anyone offer some help.... From about 10pm last night Ava has just screamed and screamed!! She won't sleep for long she won't stay settled for long.... I've started her on infacol.... It's so frustrating :(