Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

March 2016 Babies

Replies

• congratulations tiffyp. C sections take more out of you than most labours. Penny is beautiful. Had weigh in day 3 yesterday and thankfully not lost too much of his birth weight so not going to have be re admitted. Bf not so good but trying and topping up with expressed and formula to keep his weight stable.

Baby blues today was warned by my mw day 3-5. my parents finally gone home which probabley 

• Congratulations Belle and Tiffy!! Gorgeous babbas and love both names 💖

Hope everyone's well

xxx

• Pearl that frame is beautiful! What a wonderful present to have!

xxx

• Eloises colic continues....

I tried Infacol with no success- she's now a month old so will be heading out to buy some gripe water to try tomorrow... Fingers crossed.

Literally exhausted from it now- poor little girl doesn't burp at all.

• Hi lovely March mummies - we really hope you're all doing well.

We've noticed some of you are having problems with colic, so we've started this new thread for you, where hopefully other mums will be able to help share their tips and expertise in getting through it. Please do check it out and click the green follow button so if anyone has the cure, you'll be the first to know about it (and they'll be millionaires!)

• Christ we've had a really couple of trying nights where Aurora just hasn't settled well, tonight is getting a bit silly now I'm so flaming tired I just want to go to bed and shut everything out :( you forget how much hard work these early days are! Hope all you girls are doing ok x

• Charbar - my midwife told me that rule of thumb is they should be wearing one more layer than you. So if you're only wearing a tshirt then they should have 2 layers on x

• Thanks Louise :) very helpful!

• We're starting to get some imagelittle smiles from our little man now :) it's heart melting when he does it! 

• Jemjems your nursery furniture is gorgeous!! 

Anyone struggling to breastfeed? I'm thinking of giving up. Been having to use breastfeeding shielda but their a pain. I can't stand to see her cry xx

• It is really hard work tiffy but once I got through the first two weeks it gets easier, never give up on a bad day x

• Aahh Tiffy, sorry to hear you're having a difficult time! Emsy's right, it really does get so much easier and defo never give up on a bad day :-) Your milk should be coming in any time now. I fed Ammaarah til she was 2 (up until last October) but I still found the first probably about 7-10 days difficult with Yasmin. Ask your MW/HV if she can refer you to the infant feeding support or ask her for times and days of the local feeding groups, they're honestly great! Oh, and get some Lansinoh if you haven't already, it's amazing stuff!! Feel free to PM me for a chat :-) Big hugs xxx

• Tiffy totally agree. Kynan is on off on off! Had to combination feed from day one due to secretions bunging him up, weight issues... latching pain and falling asleep while feeding. Still struggling days good and bad. He is getting better he would prefer to suck his hands scratch me and he roots so agressively you would think he is going to rip my nipple off. 

I am giving myself small targets. My friend says if u do anything your an amazing mum for trying. I am very different this time round... what ever worjs for him and me menrally is all that matters. I became very dustressed with my older son. Formula at night is helping as I am useless and emotional when knackered. 

• Oh Tiffy it's horrible- I feel like that most days. But going to support groups helps- find your local one- it's been really helpful for me x

• Thanks everyone. Not given up yet. Starting to get to grips with the shields.

Expressed last night and gave her bottle and she slept a bit longer? How much do you give babies who are 5 days old?

She also won't sleep or be put down. Bought a sleepyhead today. Anyone got any experience with that?

xx

• Hi Tiffyp, we ran a product test on the Sleepyhead a while ago - you can see the reviews here for the Sleepyhead Grand and here for the Sleepyhead Delux.

• Tiffy, Yasmin's 3 1/2 weeks old and she's been the same wanting to be held all the time!! Can't get anything done some days, little tinkers aren't they 😂

xxx

• Eloise is 4.5 weeks old and has only just started to have little naps without me holding her...

• It is encouraging to see I am not alone and we share the same experience.

I have been doing both breast and formula although now my milk is flowing because I had a delay due to blood loss etc. I am trying to reduce formula milk if possible to nighttime or one offs. It has been a bit of a battle cos he loves his food especially the ease of feeding through the bottle. When I got home from hospital, I  tried expressing and got less than 1oz which wasn't encouraging

Tiffyp I got the sleepyhead but sadly Tim didn't settle in it so I have had to pack up and will re-introduce in a few days or weeks. The reviews were fab hate to think I may have wasted money. He sleeps better in the snuzpod and sometimes his carrycot but loves the space on the snuzpod.

We still have wind issues with formula and although infacol helped initially.I am waiting for it to settle. HV also reckons the antibiotics I am on may also be contributing. I have a few more dose left

• Got a new feeding pillow but dont think it will work as putting ky so high away from my nipple. As I am ample the flatter normal cushion working better. ... silly things like this effect latching big time.