Forum home Babies Baby

March 2016 Babies

Replies

• Thanks Tiffyp! Keep going if you can hun with bf! It will get better xx

I've had an ultrasound today and have retained placenta, probably will need a d&c - anyone have any experience of this? I'm a bit scared of the risks involved. My bleeding practically stopped after 3.5 weeks but at 4 weeks it suddenly started up again in a ridiculous way, I ended up at the hospital passed lots of huge clots, was given antibiotics and they said if it doesn't stop after a week go back.

Well Eva ended up in hospital so even though I was bleeding like crazy passing clots everyday I just ignored it kinda hoping it would just stop and was just focused on Eva. Felt bit like labour again at times too! Ouch! I didn't take the antibiotics, silly me I know but didn't want to because I'm EBF Eva. My DH and mum pushed for me to speak to doctors last week and now they're quite worried. Gave me the option of antibiotics for a week (got a telling off too for not doing it before) or straight in for d&c, so chosen to take the kef and met and hope it stops after a week otherwise been told to go to a&e and explain I need an urgent d&c. Have I done the right thing? Is it going to effect my milk?

Sorry to rant it's just one thing after another and feeling down in the dumps! Xxx 

• imageimageimage

This little beauty makes it all bearable though! - Nearly 7 weeks old already!! 

Hope all the yummy mummies out there are doing okay Xxx

• Omg what an idiot I am! I should have read more of the previous posts! Massive congratulations Tiffyp and Belle!! Gorgeous babies!! 

Danielle how do I send you my address? Also could I be a pain and ask you to put the link up for the birth stories again as I still haven't got round to mine yet! Thank you xxx

• That sounds scary JemJems- I have no idea about that though so can't help I'm afraid.

When should the bleeding stop? I'm 5 weeks and it's still going....

• Hope you feel better soon jemjems I had my little man weighed today his now 7lb 2 so gaining weight nicely he woke up with a bit of a sticky eye this morning health visitor said see how it goes over the weekend if not any better then doctors on Monday x

• Hiya Jemjems, blimey, sounds like you're really going through it. I have had a D&C (for different reasons) and can honestly say, it was pretty pain free and nothing to worry about. Right, send me your address by pressing the little 'person' button, top right of your screen. Click on My Messages and you should see a private message from me in there. Oh, here's the link for the Big Birth thread too!

Charbar15 - wonder if you might be having a period? Has it eased up at all and then started again?

pearl16 - have you tried some salty water with cotton wool on the sticky eye?

• Hi mummys!!

im interested to know what time and where you settle your babies at night? We are trying to get aurora into a bit of a bedtime routine of going into her basket between 6:30-7:30 depending on when her last nap was, but she's in lounge with us where we have TV on until we go up to bed and she comes with us and also our daughter until she goes to bed so I feel a bit bad shushing her all the time while we try to settle aurora. I'm quite keen to get her down in our room away from any potential noise and distractions that will stop her from settling but hubs likes her with us in the lounge at the mo but sometimes when she's restless it's hard for us to relax and wind down if we are taking her in and out the basket to settle her x

• I wondered that Danielle- yes it eased right off and then came back like a period. I didn't think they could come back when breastfeeding?

We have just started a bed time routine emsy. Anywhere between 7-9 depending on when her last feed was. About 15 mins before I think it's due we do a bath, nappy change etc and then a final feed in the bedroom where it's all darkened apart from a nightlight and then we put her down. It seems to work and give us the longest stretch of sleep. Yesterday was the record at 5 hours. 

• Oh and then I sleep too... Just because then I get the max rest I can... So she's in the bedroom with me but even if I didn't sleep we have left her up in the bedroom with the video monitor we have on x

• 5 hours is fantastic charbar I can't wait for a stretch like that :)

• Thanks ladies xx

Charbar I think they say 6-8 weeks, but bright red after that long can mean something is up.

Pearl congrats on the weight gain, it's so good to get that reassurance they are growing nicely! Eva has had a sticky eye since birth on the forceps side, I've tried 2 antibiotics but hasn't cleared up yet, consultant told me to just keep cleansing with boiled water and breast milk. 

Thanks Danielle, that's put my mind at rest, will pm my address now

Emsypops, for us at the moment it's going a bit like this - sleep from about 3-6 on poddle pod downstairs with us, then bath at about 8:30 then fed and sleep in Moses basket upstairs by 9-10, sometimes we stay downstairs for an hour or so depending on how tired we are, she'll sleep till 3 or 4am, then little feed then another sleep in Moses basket, then at 6-7am feed in bed then snooze in bed with me when hubby has gone to work, up at 8-9am, nap in poddle pod from 10, 11 till 12-1pm. That's only sort of developed over the last week or so. And its certainly not a cemented routine! Lol

• imageThank you Danielle and Helen for the lovely gift and thankyou for the lovely pure potions can't wait to try them out x

Thank you for the gifts. Look foward to trying them. Kynan settling but you forget how tired a new born makes you! 

• Yasmin's going to be 4 weeks on Sunday and we're struggling to get her to sleep in her moses basket.. Anyone else having this problem?? I don't remember Ammaarah being like this! Lol

xxx

• Flossy we had that trouble at the beginning with toby. For the first few weeks we let him fall into a deep sleep on one of us (sometimes resulting in co sleeping) and then popped him in the basket once he was fully asleep. He never seemed to stay there for long but it's much better now x 

• Flossy we have this same issue sometimes aurora is great and sometimes a nightmare...take last night for instance she barely bloody slept it was our first real nightmare night since she came home I've been in tears :( 

• Kynan seems to be a night owl at the moment. from midnight till 4 am all he wants to do is eat. I am still struggling with feeding expecially when I am exhausted but he wants lots of formula and wont settle.... pray this is a phase.  Have to remind myself he is not even two weeks old

• It's a killer isn't it belle, I try to think back to my little girl being a newborn but I can't remember this age...hopefully because I was so tired And that things were similar! So hard to stay positive x

• Penny is the same. She won't settle in her basket. I hate Co sleeping but that's what we're doing atm. I can manage to get her to sleep in her Sleepyhead but she needs to be asleep when I put her down and I have to keep cuddling for a while. But that's still in our bed. So relieved it's not just us xxx

• It's so reassuring other people are in similar situations isn't it tiffy!? I've managed to get aurora down for her late afternoon nap so hopefully when she wakes up again shell go through till 7ish and fingers crossed we will have a much better night....couldn't be much worse, could it?!?!