Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

March 2016 Babies

Replies

• Is anyone having issues with nipple sensation?  Good day yesterday but cant have him near them today. He doesnt want to latch just suck! They are soo tender material touching them is tender. Ended up expressing them for the day so far to rest them.   Booby group monday so hopefully advice.

• My left one has always been my problem one belle I often get stabbing sensations through it and it takes my breath away. Just pop lasinonh (however you spell it) on and feed as often as poss x

• its a relieve to know we are all having similar experience because of being windy Tim sleeps better propped up in our arms and when ypu put him down he wakes up within few minutes but can sleep longer when carried.

Jemjem I had retained membrane which caused bleeding and was given a shot of antibiotics at the time. i also felt much better after completing a course of antibiotics for possible infection to the tear I sustained and have been both breast feeding and topping up with formula

I noticed Tim isn't latching properly  the last 2 days seems to be sucking the nipples like his bottle, I am hoping it's only temporary 

• I had latching problems with Penny so I use nipple shields. They're great until little hands get in the way. 

Fludu apparently bottle feeding is easier for them. I hope little man isn't getting lazy on you. Where is he sleeping? 

I can't believe she's a week old already xx

• It's great to have other people going through the same thing!!

ive been to baby groups but the other mums with babies the same age seem to be sleeping through!! 

Eloise won't go down for naps in the day- it's a nightmare to get anything done. She struggles to even get to sleep on me now though too! But if she doesnt sleep then feeding becomes a nightmare as she just sucks for comfort. My right nipple is in pieces from this- can they do lasting damage? It hurts all the time Even when she's not there! 

Night times are getting better but that's with no evening with my husband and him on the sofa- does that ever get better? I feel like I never see him!!

• Char bar you will see your hubby again don't worry :) and take what mums at baby groups say with a pinch of salt it's v rare babies of this age sleep through so mums are v competitive in my experiences. 

We didn't have a good night with aurora again last night and made the mistake of sitting up together while she slept 6:30-11pm we should have caught up on sleep once our little girl was in bed. I don't know how things have went so downhill this last week it's v demoralising. Im dreading next week when she's back at school no idea how we will get through the mornings with such little sleep i keep telling myself this will pass x

• Charbar, in my experience (and i'm certainly not an expert!) people who say their newborns sleep through the night straight away are either EXTREMELY lucky (unlikely!) or telling some porkies somewhere 😂

As awful as it sounds, i'm glad i'm not the only one!! Not keen on cosleeping with her at all but i'm having to most of the time at the moment and feeding her led down so we both just drift back off.. Hopefully she'll improve like her big sister did!

Thanks for the lovely gifts Danielle! The lavender nappy salve is absolutely fantastic, any redness that was there on her bottom has pretty much gone! And hubby's been using the little rescue balm with tea tree in it on a spot the last couple of nights and he loves it!! Tough going as he's far from a lotions and potions/beautifying kind of guy 😂

xxx

• It's so tough Emsy but remember (as much as I struggle to remember how my big girl was at this age when it was only 2 1/2 years ago! 😂) it does improve and before you know it these long nights are gone, you wonder how you ever functioned and you ALMOST kind of miss them!! Just when you think you have a sleeping pattern sussed with them they decide to mix it up a little for you don't they, the little tinkers!

These baby days don't last long and it's so difficult to make the most of them in the sleep deprived haze you end up in but do try as the night time (and general!) cuddles will be gone before you know it! I regretted not 'enjoying' these early days more with my big girl but it's so hard when you're so tired!

xxx

• Truthfully makes me feel sane reading your stories. Attempting Bf day today but by 1630 no poos and little weees made me worry bout fluid intake so formula. He seems to get ravenous and even did 2 bottles of formula the other night.  All the things I used with my 3 yr old is not working with ky... but hey he is nearly two weeks old.

Screaming earlier hubbie says whats wrong eith him....I dont know I am not psychic!  doesnt like ky falling asleep on me sometimes but it is the only way to soothe him. Again we didnt do it with his bro. i know 

• I'm thinking of getting nipple shields now Tiffyp. He sleeps in the snuzpod next to me at night and the carrycot in the living room which he has hardly been in this week wakes up within minutes of putting him down.

We got a vibrating bouncer as a gift previously made no difference but we had some success. He had 2-3hrs sleep after feeding on it yesterday

i have ordered one of the baby wrap because as soon as my mum leaves as she has to go back to work and hubby pat leave also over. I will need free hands to get stuff done around the house the little man loves being carried now and sleeps longer when he is carried and would only wake up for food usuakly 4hrs max

i m also thinking of  getting a baby carrier for our first train trip in a few weeks to London will take his pram and carrycot or  carseat. I noticed he sleeps better on the car seat due to being windy.

it was only a few weeks ago we were eagerly waiting for our bundle of joy to arrive my first night back from hospital was my worst nightmare was shocked as we had a pleasant 4 night stay in hospital the both of us but I had to stay up till 6am at which point couldn't anynore a woke my OH and handed baby to him I didn't know  I could fall asleep standing

i dont think infacol worked for our little man. I got colief to try then requested  prescription from GP. I use only with his top up feeds and not when bf but after using for 3 days have noticed some improvement 

• Thank you Danielle and Helen for my lovely gift ☺️ xx 

Fludu, we use slings/woven wraps.. I have about 6 of them 🙈 I'd recommend a stretchy wrap if you've never used one before.. They're easier to use and you can pre-tie it and just pop baby in and out of it. This pic ^^^ was when Yasmin was about just over a week old 💖 It really is so handy! I made tea tonight with her wrapped because she was quite unsettled and she hardly even stirred!

xxx

• Thank you MFM team and pure potions for the goodies.  Loving the nappy balm and oil.

hope your all well mummies.  There is a good article on MFM home page today on overtired babies worth a look if you haven't seen already.  Ive found since getting Abigail into a sleep eat play routine it has really help settle her and I'm much more easy to spot her tired and hungry cues. Xx

• That looks good flossy- I have a moby sling but get in such a tangle putting it on. What type is that?

• Thank you MFM for the lovely toy..Evie is just starting to pay attention to her surroundings and having more relaxed play than she was so she's loving looking at it. Thank you for the pure potions goodies too..they all smell wonderful and so handy to have the little potions for certain things.

Evie is a little more settled than she was with the change of milk, bottles & the added colief & gaviscon ...still have quite tiring days with her when she wont go down at all but it's not as bad as the first two weeks when I thought I was going crazy haha...oh & I have found it quite a test. 

Its reassuring to read that we are all in similar situations ..I think you must genuinely forget all the tougher times because this has been a shock to the system for me. She's like a piece of Velcro to me ..always windy and always hungry ...considering a sling but I've no experience at all so some advice would be good or some links also the link for that thread on here abort over tired babies would be handy if some one could post it. 

in other news I managed to catch Evie's fest real smiles on camera this morning...she's been waking up in a pleasant mood the past two morning so today I was camera ready haha 

• Ah Natty Evie is so cute love her smiles. Thanks a lot Flossy never used before so will be keen on the stretchy ones which ones do you have? I heard moby wrap good but material too thick also seen the solly wrap but I think will aim to have at least two of them.

I have ordered the ergobaby carrier to use on a train journey to London in a few weeks for a ceremony.

Thank you MFM and pure portion for the goodies. The baby oil very handy 

• I took Eloise to the doctors this morning as she has a bad rash on her face and neck. No idea what it is but they said not concerning.... I think I'll try the lovely pure potions things that were sent. Thank you Danielle and MFM!

• Charbar my little lady has little raised red spots on her chin and right cheek and we think it's is baby acne apparently it is hormonal and clears up itself quickly but it doesn't bother them it's just bothering me as it's spoiling her beautiful face grrr! It's more prominent wen sea warm. Her big sister had v sensitive skin too looks like it runs in the family!

• Yes that sounds like it emsy... It's horrible though. Looks so sore for her!! I'll try and post a picture- poor love! 

Oh but I think I may have had a smile this morning- what do you think?imageimageimage

• 2 weeks old today. Still waking 00-04:00 seems starving every hr. Worried bout over feeding and gone from 5 poos a day to 1. Hv says try little water after formula at night.  Had two wonderful days breast feeding all day no pain but now stinging and burning after latch. hv said might be thrush watch for other signs. 

Good news is gone up to 7lbs 6. So what ever we are doing is working. Hope everyone well and enjoying their lo