Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

March 2016 Babies

Replies

• Those first smiles are the best thing EVER! The rashes not so much. My first born suffered with terrible milk spots, then baby acne, and then the dreaded cradle cap. Those early days can be so worrying.

While we're here, we just thought we’d let you know what’s going on, on the forum today.

We’ve noticed some of the women in our birth clubs are really suffering with nausea and sickness. Got any advice? That thread IS HERE.

Also, do you have any tips on how to scrimp on your weekly food shop? We’re talking about that OVER HERE.

And finally, if you have children in nursery or soon heading there, you might be interested in giving the Government feedback on how they should run their free nursery hours… we have a thread about that OVER HERE.

• Toby had really bad babh acne for a few weeks, it seems to be starting to disappear now. He also has cradle cap, the health visitor told us to run vegetable oil on it!! Seems to help :) x

• Aw lovely smile charbar :) yes that looks like auroras spots too they're yucky aren't they!! Naughty spots spoiling our beautiful baby's faces!!

• Maybe my new favourite baby gizmo! Mimics the over the shoulder position, vibrates and has heartbeat sound. First she has stopped screaming in day!

• I am interested Natxx, what is it called? I have been looking at getting a swing got a bouncer as gift stays on when asleep but the support on bouncer not great for him at his age and the cushion isn't too thick will be handy when older.

I am thinking of the Graco loving hug swing or sweetpeace cloud any one had experience with these or can recommend a good swing thanks

• It's called babocush. You can just attach it to your rocker. Pricey but my sanity is worth it at the moment. Although I managed to get one second hand on ebay. I'm also considering a swing!! Lol

• Thanks Natxx my baby at 2 weeks and 5 days still doesnt like my sleepyhead may end up selling as nearly new as hasnt spent more than 5 mins on it at time will try again in a few weeks maybe can invest the funds instead on the babocush

Any ideas or recommendation on swings helpful need a plan B as current fisher price bouncer not sufficient.

I ordered a babysling and received my ergocarrier today 

• We're all on exactly the same boat aren't we. It's so reassuring. I just want a wet nurse 😂😂

• Thank you for the pureportions goodies Danielle And Helen. Here is Chloe enjoying her bath with the pureportions baby oil.  image

• Thanks for mine too Danielle. Work forwarded them to me xxx

• Penny slept in her sleepyhead for 3 hours earlier and is back asleep in it now! I have to put her down fully asleep but yay, progress! 😊 Going to try to put her in it every day and night so she gets used to it. 

Penny doesn't particularly like her swing but she's still pretty young. 

How are new mums getting on without partners at home? I worry I'll be bored xxx

• Enjoying a little box set on tv now partner back at work and his big bro at nursery. Trying to sleep when lo does but not happening.  

My issues are confusion. .. hv says give him water. Others " you cant give a newborn water" Mate says "give him a dummy", another one says oh no not a dummy! another one says I am over feeding him as he is ravenous every half an hr from 00-04, another one saying u cant overfeed. 

• Oh belle that's a nightmare. People will always have an opinion and give you it whether you want or not! Smile and nod and do what is ever working for you and lo xx

• Belle i completely understand that....im getting bombarded wuth people's 'advice'! 

Regsrding water, my hv said it was fine to start giving my lo water (boiled and cooled). 

Are yor breast or bottle feeding? I don't think you can over feed a baby on breast.....but on bottle you def can xx 

• I get the same Belle, decided to give baby water as he was straining and in discomfort and it helped. 

Nipple been stinging more today don't want him to have more bottles latch already shaky at the moment.

• We are combination feeding as breastfeeding going really well in the day but by night my breasts kill and just doesnt satisfy him. He was pooing well but as I swapped over to predominantly breast he stopped pooing completely. so hv suggested water and cuts out extra formula bottle in middle of night.  Everyone has an opinion. Even looking back at my 3 year old in early days just added confusion. 

Just got to keep trying. Working it out with him and gaining confidence.  Think we are all doing amazingly well.  Beating our challenges and watching our lo grow everyday.

• imageMy little one is 1 month old tomorrow! Can't believe it 💗

• She's beautiful Kirsty xx

• Thank you Danielle for the pressies! Very lovely!! Xx

D&C all done now and all Eva's test results have come back normal so can get on with enjoying new mummyhood! Eva is 8 weeks today! Can't get over how fast time is flying! imageimageimage