Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 16 Babies

Replies

• youd think they would induce you earlier than the 5th if baby has been back to back for a while. 

I sleep ok during the night but have to get up for the toilet a few times and I'm up most mornings at 6 and can never sleep during the day. The end is near though and it will all be worth it when we have our babies. x

• Hi, have been reading the April Birth Club site for ages, hoping that mine is born in April. Yesterday was my due date and nothing...

had a sweep, still nothing...

just wanted to let you both know you aren't the only two still waiting!!!  Can't belive how long this all takes, never want to drink raspberry leaf tea again after this!!!

Anyway best wishes to you both :-)

• Hi SparkleJac, so good to have you pop in here - please do keep us posted on your birth - we'd love to have you stay and join!

Hi EmmaR2608 and charlotte079, we know this last stretch is so painful playing the waiting game, but hang in there - those babies are coming! They're just taking their sweet time doing it (this is coming from someone who knows - both mine were 10 and 11 days late!)

• Hi everyone, how are those babies of yours?
    SparkleJac, EmmaR2608, charlotte079, you guys alright?

• Hi ladies!

Hope you're all doing well with babies/waiting for babies!

Elliot has an umbilical hernia bless him! Apparently it will probably go on its own in time as he gets bigger but I feel bad for him lol it doesn't appear to be painful or anything which is a relief! 

My bp is still up so midwife still hasn't discharged me and my gp doesn't want to see me until 9th may which the midwife is not happy about lol 

Cant believe Elliot is 12 days old already! He's feeding every 4 hours and having about 4-5oz and is already on number 2 teats- such a piggy! Very lucky though, he only wakes up once in the night - hopefully that is something that will last!

• Hi StubbornBrit, Elliot is just gorgeous! We've recently had two other MFM new mums have their babies, one with a hernia and another with an umbilical hernia too. Do let us know if you'd like us to put you in touch.

• Jake was born on 30th at 41+1 by emergency forceps weighing 7lb 6oz X 

• aww Charlotte congratulations!!! 

So happy waiting is over for you 😀. Hope you and baby are well!

did u go naturally in the end then? I've induction on Thurs still

xx

• Huge congratulations charlotte079! Please do come and tell us all about your birth when you have a mo - we hope you and your son are doing well. Love the name!

• Yes Emma I went naturally on Thursday at 3.30am I was 2 cm and then the contractions seemed to die off on friday the started back up again friday night and broke my waters at 9cm at around 5.30am and he would not come out. tur ed out my cervix was purtruding and he had turned back to back at the last mintue. they then decided to rush me the 2hour journey to the nearest city hospital (as we only have a community unit where i live) in an ambulance, it was the worst journey i have ever been on with only gas and air as pain relief (up until they gave me a spinal in theatre) once i arrive there they examined me and put me on a monitor and his heart rate was going up and down so they rushed me to theatre and gave me a spinal and delivered him with forceps and he was born on Saturday morning at 9.16. Now im just very sore with the stitches and struggling to get around the house. they have only given me paracetemol and ibruprofen as pain killers and they are not helping as all. im going to try and get the to give me something stronger when i see them tomorrow. 

Hopefully you go into labour yourself before your induction emma. you must be so fed up and just want to meet your little one. x

• Hi everyone, we hope you and your beautiful babies are doing well. We can't believe how much they're changing already!

We're just getting ready to send out your bibs, but need addresses from the following peeps. Please can you PM me them with your name too.

EmmaR2608
    dori27
    charlotte079
    PW1
    SAC4T

Thanks!

• Hi guys, we were hoping we could pick your brains please? We're wondering what you know about baby nests/baby pods? Have you heard of them? If you have one or want one for your baby?

We've started a new thread about them and would love any feedback you have. Thank you!

• Hello ladies - sorry I've been AWOL but with 2 under 2yrs to look after it's not always easy to find the time to get online.

My daughter (A) is now 21.5 months and my son (J) is 6 weeks old tomorrow. Things are going okay here with us, J was 8lb 15oz at his weigh in last week and we are doing well with breastfeeding. I'll try and get an updated photo of the two of then together for you :)

• Hi guys, we just wondered how are you all doing? We hope things are going well with your babies, and hopefully you'll be getting some sleep? Please do come and fill us in, we'd love to hear what's happening.

Here is a recent picture of my little man Joseph. He's now 6+3 weeks and doing really well. His sister (A) adores him and I think it'll be amazing for them both once he's bigger and they can play together as there is 20 month age gap between them. 

I've just started decorating our spare bedroom as J & A will be sharing it and my husband will move his study into the box room which A's cotbed is currently in.

Plan is for her to move over end if this month into a toddler bed and J will move in there some point after he's 6 months old :) 

• Wow Purple Star, can't quite believe how much Joseph has grown and changed already! Quite how you're finding time to decorate in incredible! You must come an show us once it's all done.

• Hi everyone, we're hoping you're all doing well with those lovely new babies of yours - please do come and let us know how it's going?

Do any of you advice for this new mum - she has a one week old baby and is having a really hard time feeding him. Her thread an be found here.

• Hello everyone... I hope you're all getting on well. I cant believe dulcie is 6 weeks 4 days already. We've just got back from rhyme time at the local children's centre. She stayed awake the whole time just looking about taking it all in :) 

She had baby acne but that's now clearing up. All okay at our 6 week post natal appointment... she's doing really well :) 

image she's got such character lol xx

• Oh dori27, isn't Dulcie gorgeous! I remember the baby acne well! And don't get me started on the cradle cap (that covered my little girls forehead and eyebrows!).

Can you please pop us a PM with your name and address over so we can have Dulcie's bib sent out please?

Thanks so much!

• Hi ladies! 

Aw DorI, dulci is gorgeous! I love her little headband :) can't believe she's almost 7 weeks old! Time has flown by! Glad your 6 week check went well! I need to book mine.. Still unsure what type of contraception I want to go on.. didnt get any last time and Elliot happened lol :P

Purple, I have a 22 month old and cannot even try to think about decorating lol it's a bonus these days if I get dressed by midday! So far (2pm) i am still in pjs lol 

elliot is 3 weeks 4 days old and is on his first day of hungry baby milk- he was guzzling 6oz bottles every couple of hours and still looking for more 🙄 Piggy lol. So far so good.. During the day he wants mummy cuddles pretty much constantly! When he falls asleep I manage to put him down for a bit but crikey my arms hurt lol I don't mind though cos he settles at night in his crib well and he's my last baby so I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it!

Sebastian insisted Elliot wanted to play with his brum brums lol 

Elliot 💙

Hope everyone is doing ok!? X