Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 16 Babies

Replies

• Just keep trying Coxy, hopefully she will latch on soon. Did u get a manual or electrick pump? Ive expressed with a manual pump but Mya has only took the bottle once out of the four times I've tried so I'll not be leaving her any time soon. We have to go a night away mid June and she is to be left with grandparents but will have to cancel unless she gets the hang of a bottle- boobies are just to good lol. 

Heidi says hello! 😀

There was a few things I'd forgotten about after my first pregnancy...the after pain of the uterus trying to get back to normal and how painful the boobies get when milk is setting in 😫 My boobs are currently like rocks and I'm needing quite a lot of pain relief for my tummy pain. I'm loving being a mummy of 2, just can't wait to feel normal again. Hope all you mummy's are well and babbas are being kind with night feeds etc xx

• Hey ladies, does anyone have a baby record book that you write in and put photos in ? I am looking at getting one but theres so many I can't decide!!! Which ones do you have? Does anyone have any recommendations? Xx

• shes lovely ShellIngton. We've named her Alice. 

we have had major sleep deprivation. Alice hates being on her back so we havent been able to put her down to sleep without her kicking off. She will sleep for a few mins then gets agitated and sometimes has reflux. I thinknits uncomfortable for her which of course upsets me. So consequently we've not slept other than 2-3 hours a day when we take it in turns. 

However today I've managed to get her to sleep for nearly 2 hours swaddled on her side With a blanket behind her.  I know it's frowned upon but I don't care! Can't be good parents with zero sleep. 

Midwfed recommended cranial osteopath as she thinks it could be related to her quick delivery 

• Hi ladies how is everyone doing?! Today is day 1 of doing it alone with my toddler and newborn.... Argh!!! So far everyone is still alive!!!image

• Oh dear Coxy. Mya was the same for the first couple of weeks, but now she's setting on her back for longer and longer. The rest of the time she sleeps lying on me or in the sling. Starting to get a good nights sleep, Only getting up every 3 hours for a feed rather than every 1 1/2 . Think she had a growth spurt over the past couple of days as during the day the wanted to feed constantly and was really fussy. She's feeling it today as shes been sleeping non stop lol. 

Great job fabulicious! I feel accomplished if I get showered in the day. Although saying that Mya loves the hairdryer. The noise of it settles her straight away and usually sends her to sleep. How does your wee boy like being an older brother?xx

• Glad to see everyone is doing well. We have managed to get put today and had a nice(but wet) walk from the hospital into town. Currently sat in weatherspoons with a rested fiance and sleeping baby. Olivia is putting the weight lost back on and is nearly back up to her birth weight. I have been discharged from the midwives but Olivia has 1 more weigh in on Saturday. 

• Beautiful babies.

Mine has decided to not be a may baby. She will be arriving in June. I have a sweep booked for Friday. Fingers crossed x

• Thinking of you Abagail. I too was meant to be a month before baby made an appearance. Hope you're holding in there ok! Xx

• Good luck Abigail!  X

• Thank you xx

• How long have all of our May ladies labours lasted? I've only just read over my notes from the hospital after coming home on Friday night and can't believe how quickly it all actually happened! I knew it was a pretty quick labour, but my notes say I was only in labour for 1hr 19mins total, and in third stage (pushing) for 12 minutes! 😂 It felt longer than 12 minutes at the time pushing out something that big! 😂 

Hope everyone is well xx

• Haha shellington that is really quick! My notes say just under 4 hours....but from the beginning of my contractions to her arriving was 21 hours, but I didn't go to hospital until 5 1/2 hours before she was born but I didn't want to be examined until later on so I was 5cm when they examined me so they put that as the start time :) 

• I had 36 hours of contractions - active labour for   9 hours and pushing for 34 mins. had to get the syntocin drip because baby was back to back and contractions were not causing me to dilate. Really happy I didn't have to have a c section in the end.

• Wow shellington that's crazy!! So quick! 

I had 5.5 hours of labour and then an emergency section xx

• I'm not sure how long I was in labour for. I started having very mild contractions on the Sunday and induced on the Wednesday at 9.30. I was on the induction drip until 21.30 that night and then taken for a csection. Would that make it 12 hours? 

• How's everyone settling with their newborns? Mine still hasn't made an appearance. 

sound like pretty quick labours, hopefully mine is the same haha.

• Mine was mild contractions for 6 hours followed by active labour for 5 hours. I dont think I even pushed 10 times, it was only about half nhour after id been told I was 6cm that she was born so when my body started pushing it took me by surprise!! 

think I've turned a corner the last day or so. She's happier on her back and sleeping long stretches.

are you waking your babies every 4 hours to feed??? I don't know whether I need to !!

• Kitcat, I'm not sure how the hospital time it, it was all in my notes though so might be in yours too if every hospital works the same. 

Coxy, Heidi is waking herself for feeds at the moment but if she slept a little longer I wouldn't wake her personally, I'd just try and play catch up the next next day. She was weighed today and has dropped from 9lb3 to 8lb11, so ive had to up her feeds xx

• imageSorry I've not posting lately Atlee is still in the Nicu and should get to come home this week finally he was tomorrow but started losing weight again it's been a long 5 weeks since his birth and this momma just wants her baby healthy and home!! And Ladies your babies are gorgeous and congratulations!!!