Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

May 16 Babies

Replies

• Abigail - how did the induction go??

• My dinner was a success. She took a bottle for daddy. She didn't settle well though but she dosnt really in the evening anyway/ it's just usually me that has to carry her around crying- daddy's not used to it so it was a bit of a shock for him. 

Hopefully it'll be ok Stephie. I must admit I worried the whole time I was away but hopefully it'll get easier. Mums are great, mine is looking after Mya when we head to a concert next week. It's a 3 hour drive away so we will be away most of the day/night. going to have to have a glass of wine to settle my nerves when I'm away lol

• Hi coxy. 

If you find the birth announcement thread.for June my post is on there. 

I didn't end up getting induced though. She decided to come that day. 7 hours and 39 mins of full labour. 36 mins pushing. Born 5:08pm weighing 6lbs 14.

Born 8/6/16 :)

• How's everyone getting on - has anyone had their 6 week check yet?

Coxy1985, here's abigail96 birth story - there's some OMG stories on this June Big Birth thread too...

• All is good with baby Heidi! She's feeding well, and so far so good with getting her wind up. She's been a little dream compared to her sister who was a nightmare with colic. I've been so stress free this time and feel like a different person. I'm actually enjoying being a mummy to a newborn, I was too much of a mess to enjoy it first time around. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their babies before they get big enough to answer you back! 😂 image

• Shellington, Heidi looks incredible and her hair is awesome - so glad it's not fallen out! That's fab news she's a good baby - my second was a colicky nightmare, so like you with your first, I really didn't enjoy the early days with her - so glad you get to enjoy it now!

Would you mind popping us a PM with your name and addy please - we need to pop you your SwaddlePlus in the post.

• image Olivia is doing well. She is finally over her birth weight. We have our check up in a few weeks time. We have decided to bottle feed as she panics that she is not getting enough when on the breast. I will still express so she is getting milk from me still. My OH is back to work properly next week and I will be by myself with her. Kind of nervous but looking forward to mummy daughter time too. 

Shellington, Heidi is gorgeous and look at all of that hair! :D 

• Kitcat525, that really is the look of love Olivia is gving you there - what a cracking pic!

How's everyone else doing with their new babies? Please do come and let us know all about the high's and low's - anyone getting any sleep?

We also wanted to let you know about two threads we have running today.
    The first is your chosen baby name - did you reveal it before you had your baby? Please do come and let us know on this new thread here.

The second thread is about Father’s Day - we’re wondering if you’ve done anything special in the past (or if this is your first Father’s Day) or if you have something lovely planned? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here.

Thanks everyone!

• Shellington I am in love with all her perfect hair 😍😍 

And kitcat did you breastfeed to begin with? How are you finding transitioning to formula? I'm thinking about giving me little one just one bottle during the night that my partner can give her so I get one chunk of longer sleep! Just not sure what formulas best or if it will effect my supply! 

Isabelle was weighed this morning at 9lb 6oz, so it's 1lb 5oz over her birth weight and is only 4 weeks 2 days old :) I'm starting to learn her different actions and signs for when she's hungry, wants a cuddle etc!  I am loving it so so much though, becoming a mum is the best choice I have ever made! Here's the most recent pic.  image

• StephieLou95, if those aren't the best cheeks i've ever seen!

• Hey everyone!

congratulations to you all on your perfect little bundles!! Hope you are all doing well!!

I haven't been on here since the very beginning So not sure if you remember me haha!

well baby was due 13th may, ended up getting induced and she came 8days early on 5th may :) had a rough time before hand and was in hospital with kidney infections and kidney stones so they decided it was safer for us both to be induced! but besides that, all went well in the end and I even got to cut her cord! 

Baby ella :) weighing 7lbs1oz

she is now 6 weeks old today! How time flys!! she is doing so well! Had problems with weight at the begining where she wouldnt put on and lost more than half her weight, so she got weighed every day until finally she Put on! Woo! Ended up swapping to bottles though... But feeling OK about it now! 

She is now a chubby cheeked bundle of cuteness :) xxx

• Welcome back Hanzxx - so good to see youur name pop up! Won't you share a pic of Ella?

• Hey Hanz! 

that must have been scarey with Ella losing so much weight- glad to here she's doing so well now! Mya was 6 weeks yesterday, they getting so big. Want it to slow down! 

so Mya has a urinary tract infection. Dr said she could of had it a couple of weeks 🙁. Poor wee thing has been in pain and we had it put down to reflux. So on antibiotics for a week and hopefully it will clear it up

• It's crazy how fast the time is going. Wouldn't change it for the world! Also me and Izzy would like to say thankyou for our swaddle and nappies that we got in the post...the swaddles currently being used as a little blanket while she sleeps on my chest :) 

• Thank you :) was a worry, and was so down with the thought of having to go back into the hospital, already spent a week there, where they weren't very nice to me in the end!! But hey alls well :) 

will post pics next .. x

• just new :) 

one month

image B

and now today 6 weeks old! 💖

• I'm sorry to hear that mya has an infection :( hope she feels better quickly, poor girl!! 

They sure do grow so quickly, and change so much too!! 

Loving izzys cheeks Stephielou95!  Adorable! Xx

• Oh EmmaR2608 - poor Mya. How did you figure out Mya has a UTI?

Hanzxx, do they know why Ella lost so much weight? She looks fighting fit and like a little dolly now! Congratulations!

StephieLou, you are so welcome - thanks for being such a great member of the MFM community and double thanks for posting the piccy! Izzy is SO adorable!

• She been very unsettled the past few weeks so went to GP last week cause all symptoms were pointing to silent reflux. GP prescribed gaviscon which has helped but she also wanted a urine sample to rule out UTI. Got results back today that she actually does have a UTI. Was shocked as she has no other symptoms, no fever, vomiting, smelly pee. Gutted that she has to start on antibiotics but have bought some probiotics for her for after. Thankfully she likes the antibiotic - bubblegum flavour lol