Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 16 Babies

Replies

• I have a nearly 18 month old son we've been struggling to adapt him to sharing me and his daddy with his new brother before i had Wyatt i  think he knew something was changing he started to bite and  slap us and screaming for absolutely no reason but it wasn't too bad then he stayed with my sister for 3 nights while i was in the hospital and while we got baby settled at home but he seems to of come back a different child hes so aggressive and biting and hitting and screaming even more i just don't know how to get him to stop its really breaking my heart and i feel we have to keep telling him off :( hows everyone else coping i feel like i have failed him in some way 

• it really is awful, hit us at a bad time!:( 

It broke me when he turned and had our daughter in his hands and said "all I want to do is give her the best possible life" 

I'm so sorry to share my problems with you all. Just don't have many to talk too.. 

• Nicnac I am sorry that your eldest is behaving like this. My niece was the same when her little brother was born 3 months ago as she was used to being the pampered princess of the family (I'm not saying your son is like this BTW!) But she has calmed down recently and loves her little brother. It'll take time, I know he probably won't understand as he's still only small himself but you just have to reassure him that you both love him and mummy and daddy want him to be the best big brother ever and help look after Wyatt. 

Abigail that broke my heart. He is doing everything he can to give her the best life! Rant away at us, I'm up most early mornings with Callum so I'll always check in if you need an ear. 

• He seems ok with Wyatt really its more us that hes constantly hurting after his bath tonight i have been kicked in the mouth kicked in the chest scratched on my lip and kicked in the front on my lady bits and iv had stitches at the front so as you can imagine i didn't just cry i bawled like a baby :( trouble is hes actually been really quite good all day then this. Its like he just doesn't understand a word we say and half the time when we tell him off he laughs in our faces i feel like iv lost my baby 

• DanielleMFM-  Zac is slowly getting into a routine. He was dealing with a lot of wind and was crying non-stop, this has seem to resolve. Now having some problems with him latching on to breastfeed. Had the midwife round today to support and help with latching.

Abigail96- Sorry to hear about what is happening. Similar thing happened to my husband a week before Christmas last year. We had just brought a house too. Still my husband has no permanent job and is just doing agency work. Hang in there try to stay positive some will come up. 

• Thank you; it's nice for someone to listen to me.

SCL at least you've got an understanding of how i'm feeling right now. My maternity allowance is only £350 a month. I'm unsure what else we'll be entitled too. Probably child benefits. 

Ginabamino I'm a Mombie right now, 4 hours sleep.. Little one has what i think is thrush in her mouth; nothing seems to be going right; and she is up every two hours. Partner is on nights at the moment so it's pretty hard been on my own with a GSD puppy and a newborn who both need my attention. RANTRANTRANT. 

• I know the mombie feeling! Other half is snoring away next to me and Callum is finally asleep but I can't sleep coz the inconsiderate idiots across the road are having a party in their front garden and being really loud! 

I'm so tired!! 

• Abigail - have you got health insurance? You maybe able to claim some money back. There is something else you can claim along with child benefit. Can't remember what it is, I'll find out. When my husband registered Zac he was advise to buy a number of full birth certificates as originals are needed to send to the department of health.

• Vixi congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! I hope you're OK. 

Thanks for the reminder on birth certificate originals SCL. I need to make an appointment so I'd better ring them today! 

• Congratulations Vixi! Welcome to team pink, can't wait to see a photo of her!

10 days until due date now...getting so impatient, maybe I should have joined a July group so I wasn't one of the last ones left haha 

• Congratulations Vixi. If you need any pink clothes let me know! 

Don't worry Bug, just enjoy the rest right now. I don't think I will fully accept he is here yet until I reach my due date 23 June, as this is what I've been counting down to for 8 months!

• thank you. 

i'm sure something will come our way. 

• When he finishes work you should be able to claim child  tax credits aswell as child benefit infact you should already be able to claim child benefits everyone is entitled to that but child tax credits should bump your funds a little until you are sorted plus you should be able to claim help with your council tax and mortgage might  be worth speaking to your civic center

• Congratulations Vixi, fantastic news!!! :)

• Ladies, I'm starting to feel emotional now that my due date is getting closer. I should still be pregnant right now. Would it be weird to do something to mark the day on the 28th? X 

• I don't think so karenlouise! What we're you thinking of doing? How is little Verity? 

• I'm not sure really. I don't know what would be appropriate in this situation. 

She is doing good though, thank you :) slightly unsettled nights this weekend though, but with my partners work I can imagine it's not easy on her. She's looking massive now though, over 5lbs!! 

• I think that will be a lovely idea Karen. I will be thinking of you on that day, as long as I'm not otherwise engaged having also reached my due date! 

Will your other half be off on that day or will it be something you do on your own with Verity? 

• I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are 'otherwise engaged' on that day! Or not long after if not on the actual day. 

No, he will be at work. I live on the south coast and he works in the Midlands, so he stays up there Monday-Friday every week, so I won't even see him that day until the friday after x 

• I think it's a lovely idea to do something to mark it. 

Good for her! 5lbs I bet she looks so much bigger now. Callum has been very unsettled this weekend and a bit more wittery than normal. I think he's just getting used to being out in the world. 

Bug any twinges yet? Only a week and a bit to go now for you!