Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Well I thought I was starting to go into labour this morning, but it all died down.

Haven't experienced braxton hicks until now but that's what I'm putting this morning down to. Stomach was going rock solid and period cramps were coming every few minutes but very irregular and like i say died down after a few hours

Been bouncing on my ball whenever I get the chance so hoping that encourages her down :)

where abouts on the south coast are you KarenLouise? Do you have any family or friends nearby That you could maybe go for a little afternoon tea with and have 'due date' cake? Or could maybe do a makeshift photo shoot if you know anyone with a good camera :)   

• Options

She really does look so big!! I forget she is still small. People are stopping me all the time to ask about her when I take her out, that's my reminder that, actually, she still looks quite tiny to everyone else. 

I'm sorry he has been unsettled. Does it all appear to have calmed down now, or is he still like it? 

Ooooh bug, let's hope your little lady doesn't leave you waiting too long. Keep up the bouncing, and long walks help too apparently! Haha, and you've heard the phrase haven't you...what gets them in gets them out. If you are up for it (I know I wouldn't be), sex is apparently great for getting babies out. Haha. But, ultimately, she will come in her own time (that sounds so cliché, I'm sorry). 

And I am near bournemouth. My mum and me spend a lot of time together, so we are going to Southampton for the day. We will go shopping and have a nice lunch. She was born in Southampton, and would have been a Southampton baby if I was still pregnant. So it seems pretty 'apt' to go there for the day I reckon. 

Ah, she seems to want to feed for a long time right now...I'm setting up camp on my nursing chair, wish me luck!! 

• Options

Wow she does look big! Bless her! Your due date celebration sounds lovely too.

I know what you mean about her being seen as tiny to outsiders. Went to tesco yesterday and got asked how old he is. Said a week and people were surprised and said they thought he was just a day or 2 but I think he's so big compared to his birthday. 

He just doesn't like his moses basket so sleep at night is at a premium.  I'm currently on the sofa waiting for him to fall asleep in his piddle pod so I can try and transfer him to his basket without waking him. 

We tried sex when I was due but it just freaked my other half out tbh. Get drinking pineapple juice! 

• Options

She is really filling out which is great, she did look quite skinny for a while. But now she almost has a double chin :) 

Awww bless him, he must look small/new to this world then. What size clothes is he in? 

Verity didn't like her crib. So we put her in her carry cot then put the carry cot inside her crib at night. We were still getting problems though. So we raised the head of the carry cot, and put the hood over. I also started playing Eva cassidy for when she went to bed. And the other day, I got 'ewan the dream sheep' which is a miracle worker! She can't sleep if it is completely dark and if it's quiet - she got used to the noise at the hospital!! I wold advise anyone to get ewan the sheep though, it's so good, if a little pricey. But I feel for you - nights on the sofa aren't the greatest fun. Do you have chocolate and Tv to keep you company? 

have you tried making a version of a poddle pod using a rolled up towel underneath his moses basket sheet?? 

I hope nights get easier for you hun!! X 

• Options

Ahh bless her and her double chin, she's adorable!

We're going to try getting him in his cot with one of those sleepyhead things. We have got a ewan on the way as he doesn't do very well with perfect silence either, it's funny what they get used to in such a short space of time.  

He's in tiny baby or newborn stuff but some of it is still huge on him. He's guzzling milk like it's nobodies business so I'm hoping he'll fill out soon enough.  

• Options

I have to lay Lilly on my chest to fall asleep then put her in the moses basket carefully.. 

BUT throughout the day she will fall asleep wherever regardless. I'm getting about 4 hours sleep throughout the night before she wakes for a feed then it's pretty hard to get back to sleep. 

• Options

Oh dear ladies...we appear to be cluster feeding tonight. Either that, or the time between feeds has shortened, and the length of each feed has increased!! 

Chocolate and lucozade at the ready I think for tonight...x 

• Options

Haha, Verity is far too much like her mummy - she loves her sleep!! She cluster fed up until midnight, then slept until 5am. Bliss :) hope you're okay all ladies. 

Happy 39 weeks bug!! 

• Options

Thanks Karen, glad you got some sleep!

i am pretty sure my waters went at 1am and contractions were every 5-7mins at one point. Died down now, still feeling contractions but not anywhere near as regular.

hospital said to call at 9am to go and be monitored. Fingers crossed this is the start!

• Options

Ooh exciting bug, I hope it's time for you! 

Haha karenlouise sounds like you managed to get some sleep! Same here, Callum loves the sleepyhead so slept between 10 and 2 then fed then slept from 3 till now. Amazing what sleep can do for parents! 

• Options

Good luck Bug!!

• Options

Good luck bug 

• Options

Oooh how exciting, good luck bug!! I hope things progress well for you. 

I look forward to updates when you can :D

• Options

Hi ladies! Introducing Dylan McKenzlie Heyward to you all. Born on 21 June, day before he was due. 29 hour labour but he's so worth it.

Struggling with bottle feeding at the moment, think he's full of mucus and not taking it well, but hoping that will soon improve. image

• Options

McKenzie is a family name by the way. We all have it as middle name, runs back years. 

• Options

Aww congratulations Jen! Dylan is so cute!! Hope you're doing OK after that long labour xx 

• Options

Wow Jenh20, amazing news on the birth of your gorgeous little boy Dylan (LOVE the name!). How are you feeling now? And how's the feeding?

• Options

Congratulations Jen

• Options

Hi everyone, we're just waiting on news from Bug91 (You can do it Bug91!) but looks like you've all had your babies!!! HOORAY! 

We're going to be sending out your gifts soon, for those who have posted their birth stories on the Big Birth Announcement thread and also those of you who have posted on this June 16 Babies thread! 

We need your full name and addresses from the following peeps - if you could please pm me your name and addy that would be fab. If your username is not below, don't worry, it just means we have your address already. 

VinidPooh
    Sadiaomar79
    Jenh20
    NicNac88
    SCL
    abigail96

Thank you!