Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Congratulations Jen! 

Dylan looks so sweet and peaceful. Enjoy the moment. 

• Options

Noooo it was a false alarm :( 

still very much preggers over here!!

still 6 days from d day too, knew I'd be the last one cooking haha

congratulation on the arrival of Dylan, what a cutie 

• Options

Ah Bug91, soon, so soon! 

• Options

Congratulations Jen, God bless Dylan😘

• Options

Hiya Vini, lovely to see your name pop up! How is Kanisha?

• Options

Hi everyone, we have a question for you all - did you wash your babies clothes before they wore them for the first time? We're having a bit of a chat about it in the MFM office and would love to hear what you think over on this new thread!

• Options

Good luck Bug91, if it helps at all I had no idea I would go into labour. Just woke up one morning and bam! No signs beforehand. You can do it!!! 

On on the clothes side, I have washed everything as I've bought it, ironed and put away. Not sure if I had to, but felt nice getting it all ready. 

• Options

Thanks for all ur congratulation messages x

• Options

Hi all

Apologies - have been a bit silent for a few days due to adapting to life with tiny baby. My daughter still doesn't have a name but I think we're getting closer to having one whuch is good, not least because I'm in Scotland where you need to register birth within 21 days rather then the 40 or so days I think you get elsewhere in UK!

Jen - massive congratulations on little Dylan's arrival! he is adorable and looks very pleased to be out in the world (as I'm sure are you!). Sounds like you had a long labour and hope you are recovering well.

Bug - hang in there! You're nearly at the end now which is fantastic. it sounds like it won't be long at all before your little one is here. Woo! 

Karenlouise - I think it's a lovely idea to mark Verity's due date and I love the picture of her in her little pink outfit. Now that I have a girl my life seems to be full of pink too! 

Vxx

• Options

Hey ladies

Quick question is 4 oz of milk too much for a 3 week old, he is having breast too, 

Anyone got any tips on getting a newborn to settle  at night

• Options

Sam0908, my little girl is 2 week and flits between 3-4oz. She very hungry but she doesn't have breast no more. She wouldn't latch and was upsetting herself by been hungry. 

She takes 3 oz every 2 hours or 4oz every 3-4 hours depending..

• Options

My little one is 3 days old tomorrow and taking anything between 1 - 2oz a feed. I've been worrying myself he's not having enough. Don't have midwife check until Saturday. Hoping it's ok? He just doesnt want any more than that at the moment and falls to sleep soon after starting the bottle. 

• Options

• Options

Sam, I can't help with milk volume I'm afraid. But we had awful problems with Verity and trying to settle her when she came home. Obviously ours might be slightly different to your situation. But a few things that helped us - we moved her from a barred crib to her enclosed carry cot (she sleeps with the hood up), elevating the head slightly (I think she was suffering with trapped wind), infacol!!!, ewan the dream sheep, Eva cassidy on repeat until she fell asleep. 

Basically I change her, then give her a long breast feed, then take her up and tuck her in. If she cries, she won't settle, so I take her out and put her to the breast again to try her. But lately she seems to settle right away. 

Sorry to have rambled on, but we've been there, so I know how frustrating it can feel. Some nights I've given in and camped in the lounge with TV, cups of tea, and chocolate. X 

• Options

Karen what do u prop her head up with? 

• Options

Whilst in the carry cot, I wrap a thick book in lots of blankets and put it under the mattress. However, there is a company (wedge hog?) that do reflux pillows, and we have one for when we are able to get her back in to her crib. X 

• Options

Please send baby dust my way everyone!

been having contractions since midnight, now up to 1 every 2.5-4 mins lasting 45-90seconds. I've also lost my plug/bloody show

my delivery suite is currently closed as its so busy and they want to send me to a hospital 45mins-hour away which I'm reluctant to do so trying to stay at home as long as possible in the hope it reopens :( but also leaving myself enoigh time to get to the other if needed.

really hopeful this is my time - will keep you all posted!

• Options

Come on baby bug! Fingers crossed this is it bug and good luck you can get into your chosen hospital! Thinking of you x 

• Options

Good luck Bug! We're eagerly watching this thread for your news!

• Options

Good luck bug! Where are they trying to send you x