Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Oh look at them! 

The heat wave is meant to be over by Friday, I never complain about the weather but I'm just not coping being this fat and pregnant!

hope the babies can keep cool! 

• Options

Aww that's brilliant he won all the races!! I love your pram jwebster so nice!! 

Your poor hot babies in this weather!! :( it's boiling here but just been sat in a shady part of my mums garden all day so was actually quite nice and cool, until I stepped out in the sun and nearly melted! Started to get a bit achy in the chair though then I was boiling inside. Just had a nice luke warm bath to cool down! I'd love to go swimming but way too huge at this stage!! 

xx

• Options

Hi ladies, sorry I've not been very sctive  here since Noah's arrival. I'm having a tough time feeldoing so literally my day is tied up with crying or wincing with pain through every feed which takes over an hour. Tongue tie does seem to be stretching out itself but the damage has been done now so I have to power through 😭

can't believe this time llast week I was cuddle my newborn! Feels like a lifetime ago. I'm not cuddling him tonight coz it's far to warm we're melting xx

• Options

It was a treat Claire he was well chuffed with himself. Glad was any hotter though! 

Libra u must b shattered i know I am and my girl isn't tongue tied. Did he have it cut? Ur doin well keep going x

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all coping in the heat? And how are those of you with your newborns doing? We hope you're managing to keep cool somehow. 

• Options

Oh and here's a list of all the births so far! Don't forget to post your birth story if you haven't already and you have a moment.

Libragirl2015 - little boy Noah
    Phoenix - little girl Phoenix
    K85m - little girl Nellie
    lou lou roo - little girl Lexey
    flossyflossy - little girl Violet
    Jwebster82 - little boy Ollie
    Toobeautiful - little boy Malachi
    Rustic07 - little boy Oliver
    FaithTTC - little boy (but we don't know his name!)

• Options

Struggling with the heat, we have a portable air con unit which is on full blast in the living room and it is still 29 degrees in here. I dread to think what it's like outside!!

• Options

We went into town earlier & registered her, and then came home, sat in the sun for 20 mins, came in, made lunch, went back out but sat Phoenix in her car seat so she was shaded (it has a hood) but she was tired & so had a feed and fell asleep so I brought her inside and put her on the bed & she's still asleep now which is nice, I've been able to sit out for another half an hour and work on my tan Haha!

Don't know how they can call it a heat wave though, it's lovely today but supposedly going to rain tomorrow and be cloudy and cooler for the rest of the week *sigh*

This was earlier seeing my friend's baby, he's 5 days old today.

And back home
    imageimage

• Options

I'm so so hot OMG I'm melting :'(

• Options

Ice lollies Claire2015, and lots of them! 

• Options

I know how ur feeling I'm ok with the heat if was just me but I'm roasting trying to cool Nellie down! It's 29 in my living room 27 in bedroom it's only 2 degrees hotter in my garden! My house is a hot house! Got my boy a pool for wen he come home from school and I think I'm gonna join him to go in ha!!! .......

• Options

We just went to the range to get a paddling pool and they had no air con it was sweltering!! I felt so faint! Got home and it's cool here luckily but still feeling a bit dozy luckily my mum is here in case I keel over lol! X 

• Options

thats an awesome paddling pool! I cant even set ours up now it's too hot outside and my belly is too huge I've abandoned it and sitting on the sofa Haha. Is Nellie ok everyone's poor little bubs must be hating the heat!!! X 

• Options

even though there's only 3 of us left haha 

• Options

Ha ha that's made me laugh I'm so glad I'm not pregnant at the min! She's just gone sleep on setee with fan on she keeps twitching everytime it comes round ha. It's brilliant it's from smyths! All Argos etc thag size were over £100 this was £35! Still a lot but he had a gift card still from his birthday so only had to put £5 but brought a pump as well cuz no way was attempting to blow it up ha. I cud just go sleep now myself but son will be back in a min from school typical x

• Options

Just had the health visitor round and Oliver has gone from 7lb on Saturday to 7lb 6oz today ... no wonder I can't keep up with his appetite!

I think it's time I took the pram out for its first stroll to the local Costa for a nice cold drink!!

• Options

I bought a big-ish one so I could go in it lol! Going to regret this and hubbys going to moan about his precious grass haha. My bro is at my mums he's coming to pump it up for me haha! ah so typical I always get sleepy at Half 2 when I need to go to the school soon lol.. will your OH be in soon X 

• Options

Omg I want one of those coolers rustic I had a mint choc chip one the other day heaven X 

• Options

Lol Claire my oh used to moan about the grass it was so precious hated anything on it but he had to let go in the end I wasn't havin it ha we did the garden and patio out wen I was pregnant with my son so we had somewhere to play outside so that's wot I'm using It for ha. He used to be outside in summer watering it every bloomin nite ha. I'm soaked thought I'll dip feet in and my son bombed in behind me ha x x hope everyone is a bit cooler x

• Options

Claire I had the strawberry and cream cooler the other day it was amazing!!!!! Hope you're feeling ok?

and hope the other mummies and babies are too! We've had 32 degree heat today- absolutely bonkers!!!! X