Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 16 Babies

Replies

• Thanks flossy I hope he makes an appearance soon too :) 

thats a good idea Flossy I'm going to do the same thing I don't think it stops them from breastfeeding because my sister in law has been mixing and matching bottle and breast milk. I just think if there's times I'm totally exhausted my OH can give him a bottle of breastmilk or if my boobs end up really sore or something. I got the avent electric one and it came with lots of bits like nipples covers and bottles from mothercare :) xx 

• I got a medela one. It's good, I've got a bit off today, my boobs are just totally mental, they've gone like rock and it's worrying me they will just get worse but I needed to do something to take some of the pressure off them. It's not really helped much but it's got a little of milk off and my oh has bought an ounce bottle to bed. Will be dar too much for one feed but will go again through tomorrow and just bottle it up for the fridge or freezer as I have another 2oz in the fridge already. I know it's not loads but I don't know what a newborn on formula would take each feed??? I'm guessing more than a breast fed baby but surely that wouldn't be more than 1oz?? Does anyone know the guidelines??

• I am doing combination feeding and Oliver is fine and takes either.  I got some great bottles with my breast pump (modella) as their teats require the same sucking action to release the milk as a nipple.  It might be because of them or might just be Oliver is always so hungry he'll take it from anywhere, lol!

I have the most painful constipation of my life!  I am getting shooting pains up my back passage so bad I was literally bent over holding onto the furniture screaming ... If I hadn't already had the baby DH would have thought I was in labour! I walked to our local garage to see if i could get some fibregel or something but they only had Imodium (!) and then got so desperate for something I drove to Asda. DH had had a couple of cans so couldn't drive and initially wadnt happy about me driving 13 days after section, so made me get into his PlayStation driving rig (quite the big boy toy!) and prove I could do an emmergency stop etc before I went out!!  I have to say driving was fine which I am really pleased about and have come back with fibregel and a big bag of prunes!!  Fingers crossed it works quickly.

• I'm going to give it to her in a tommee tippee bottle, it's probably not going to make her want boob as much but she gets so tired feeding from me. Last night she didn't feed for over 7 hours, she's so sleepy the time but we've done a super job getting her wind up today and she's spent time awake looking around so hopinf that will have made her hungry and she will wake in the night. She has a bit of milk off me around 10:30 but only just over 5 mins and then she's soundo again, its very rare she will take any more than 5-10 mins of feeding from me so at least if she goes to bottle it may help her get a little more and it's breast milk so still a bonus until I can't get enough to feed exclusively. Then will too up with formula and gradually move her over to that but hopefully thah won't be until she's 6 weeks or more x

• Oh as for the constipation, I hope it passes (literally) soon, I had my first poo today since having Violet, it was ok actually and not as scary as I thought but I'm lucky and didn't need any stitches so that made a huge difference id imagine x

• imageThis Wee beauty had a feed at 1am this morning then that was him till 5.45 x

• Lucky u lol Nellie was 12 then 3.30 then 7 not too bad though can't complain she's not a bit of bother. Im in the sun and my son is in the paddling pool and Nellie is propped on the outside chair in the shade and breeze x

• Oh wat a lovely pic it's just so so warm Wee guy just been in a vest nappy from last nite as so so warm x

• How are those of you who are still pregnant doing? Shoonawikwik, Claire2015, Mummatoo2 and ZoieS? You all ok and hanging in there? 

• Hi I'm fine just been in the garden had a nice relaxing day :) hope the babies haven't been too hot.

we're just out walking and collecting Pokemon lol had to wait for hubby to come with us lol X 

• Good to hear Claire2015! This Pokemon Go thing is incredible isn't it? 

• I can't download it! It won't let me :( 

• It can be a bit dodgy sometimes keep trying lol We've walked really far and have found one Pokemon wish I hadn't downloaded it now haha X 

• I'm ok! Had my 'show' this morning and starting to have cramps now so fingers crossed!

im totally addicted to pokemon go! 

k85m if u go to bently bridge sainsburya there's 2 spots that always have lures on them and u can get loads of pokemom! Also make sure ur phone is updated or it won't work!

• I've got it!! Ha. Bout time it's taken me 3 days ha I think it's good as its making me want to go for a walk just to see if I can find one! Although it's giving theives a good opportunity to be robbing phones doesnt it :( 

• We went out at 7.30 and just got back so been walking for ages! mine froze twice when I was catching Pokemon :( might go out and catch some tomorrow haha 

how did the sweep go shoona? I really hope I'm dilated on Friday xx 

• My emails are taking ages to come through! ooh shoonawiki that sounds promising I hope its labour for you! I'm going Bentley bridge tomorrow I may well pop to sainsburies and have a go ha x

• Sweep went well ClSure. I was 1 1/2 to 2 cm dialated, and the consultant could feel babies head!

today I've had a 'show' and now having lots of cramps! Hoping this is the start so I don't have to have another sweep or be induced on Sunday! 

How are u feeling Claire?

k85m if u park on the far right of sainsburys car park (as if your looking at the entrance) u can get bothe the amiptheatre and the library pokestops. There also on outside cosmos and in between next and b&m! Also there's a fair few on the drive from willemhall too if I've got a passenger that can have it open for u! 

Im a bit of a self confessed nerd so im pretty into Pokemon go! 

• I feel ok was in a lot of pain with my back then baby must have moved because I could walk around fine and wanted to go for a walk :)

hope labour is starting for u Shoona! I'm feeling so impatient I feel like asking if I can book in for an induction on Monday if nothing happens over the weekend :( 

its quite addictive but its hard to chuck the ball at them is there a knack to it lol X 

• Hold the ball until the circle on the Pokemon is at its smallest, and try n keep it as straight as possible. 

have u had a straight forward pregnancy? Cus if u have they prob won't induce you yet. I'm only being induced Sunday cus I've pushed it to give the 2nd sweep chance to work and I've only been offered induction at the minute cus I've had repeat reduced movements!