Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

good morning ladies, hope your all doing okay in this heat. Thankfully a lot cooler here today.

Rustic loving the photos. I love photo just not with me in them haha but after baby is born we have decided we will defo do a family photo Which makes me nervous 😳

I hope we have some more babies soon. I dont think I'll have a July baby too early lols.

i have midwife today and hopefully find out what they are going to do about my high BP but knowing my luck it won't be much. Anyone who had swelling did your feet start to hurt? My feet are so sore. it's like they are on fire and just understand strain 24/7. Even my hands are them same. I now can't hold a cup for too long or I feel my hand tense up and I find it hard to let go without it being painful. 

• Options

My hands hurt with the swelling, especially first thing in the morning. Feet had sore patches too, but only when pressed. Let us know what they say about your BP.

• Options

Sounds really painful Zoie let us know how you get on!

just had midwife appointment and she done a sweep doubt it will do anything.. She said if I was to get induced I'd have to go 12 days over! unless I had more reduced movements or saw the consultant. I've just got to be patient lol X 

Shoona any news?? 

• Options

evening all!

2nd sweep done and hasn't done anything so far!

everyones doing my head in, 'any news yet' or imposing their negative birth stories on me! I'm doing hypnobirthing and the last thing I want is to hear is how long induction may take etc!

i wasnt going to tel anyone that we were going to be induced on Sunday, other than our parents. Naturally a comment has been made and I have had to explain that were to be induced on Sunday, and then the news has broken from there. i literally wanted to go into hosp, tell parents that it has started and announce once he is here. 

Now on I just know we're going to be bombarded with texts all day! 

Dont get me wrong when my best friend went into labour I was on the edge all day and it was horrible not hearing anything. So I can complete understand wanting to be kept informed!

sorry think I'm just hormonal. but horay let's hope it's the start! 

How are are you feeling Claire? 

Zoie my feet hurt and they are swollen! Got my hubby to rub em the other day and it was great!

oh whilst I think about it being asked questions is no reflection on this group. I find this group a support network and it helps knowing what others are going/gone through! 

• Options

Oh I totally agree with you Shoona I just want to tell my mum and dad when I'm in labour because they are having my boy and not tell anyone else and put my phone away! 

my sweep hasn't done bugger all and I'm really jealous that you're getting induced on Sunday at least you will have your boy this weekend or Monday!! lol!

did you do a course for hypnobirthing? I wanted to do it but was far too expensive for me but I want a holistic birth in the pool and no pain relief like I had before but without the pool lol. how do u practice hypnobirthing is it just breathing exercises?

I'm finding it really hard to be patient! And they said that just because it's 2nd baby doesn't mean it will come sooner than first so he could go overdue until 12 days from now :( 

sorry im just getting fed up right now and been in a slow labour for a week so had to put up with these pains grrr xx 

• Options

Shoona I know what you mean. Even though we had the planned CS we didn't tell anyone the date for the same reasons. The only person we told was my mum and only told her 2 days before.

• Options

Thing is I've kept saying I want to stay positive and they still carry on!

It's completely ruined my night (I know that's over dramatic) but it's really hit me! 

Yea I did a course, alghough the last was cancelled cus the lady got shingles! 

its basically breathing but with some added biology. It's quite hard to explain, but what I gathered from is that by breathing correctly you get enough oxygen to the muscles u use in labour and there for your muscles don't hurt because they are getting what they need. If your not breathing correctly fear sets in and then adrenaline is released which givesu reduced oxygen.

If you listen to birthing affirmation by Marie monoghan on YouTube hat what I've been listening too...you have to be open minded to it cus some of it sounds a little ridiculous!

im not allowed  a water brith unfortunately, so im hoping this will be my alternative. 

• Options

I can't believe they are going to let u go over by 12 days! That seems slot since they give u a sweep today!

thank you Claire and rustic, good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this! 

• Options

They are very much leave u alone type midwives unless medical problem. I'm just using the breast pump omg that really hurts your below area wow hope breastfeed doesn't hurt this bad!!! 

Don't worry it will all be over soon and you'll have your bubs X 

• Options

I actually got some good news today no high BP. I can't tell you how happy I am haha. My husband actully said it looks like alot of weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I just kept fighting with him this week because I've been super stressed out trying to be calm haha. I feel like now I can just enjoy the next few weeks and it's my bday on Tuesday and we have a spa booked for the following week which I can actually go to as I don't have high BP. Honestly never been so chuff that I can just relax for the next few weeks. Mw said about the swelling and sickness is just part of pregnancy so the only thing I need to worry about is not having one pair of shoes that fit me haha. Trainer are too tight, sandles I can't get my feet into and flip flops hurt too much haha so honestly my slippers are now my best friends. 

Shoona I wouldn't be worrying about texting or calling anyone back ether. We have a little family drama and my husband isn't talking to his mum and Ive told him she isn't allowed to know until we are home and I'm doing the same with my cousin too. as I just feel it add to the pressure and all you should be focusing on is you and your baby. 

claire when is your due date again? My mw said about going 12 days over too but then she also told me she wants to see more regularly but can't fit me in haha. Hopefully you'll have your baby soon. 

• Options

Ouch Claire! I hadn't thought about using mine yet! It's all still in the box wth the steriliser etc!

we brought the Phillips breast feeding/expressing starter kit other wise I wasn't going to bother! 

Im hoping to bf too, I brought these microwaveable/freezable pad things by lanisoh which are meant to be incredible! You heat them up and put them on before u bf or freeze then to stop soreness! Maybe try some ice after U give ur pump a go! X

• Options

That's great news zoie! And a spa is the perfect way to start the relaxation process!

• Options

That's amazing Zoie so pleased for you! Hope you have a lovely spa day! 

I got the same thing the avent one. I hope I breastfeed too my sister in law has gone to bottle feeding and is saying how hard it is and stuff I really don't want to be put off.. I will persevere with it as much I can lol.

the pump has given me lots of contractions in my belly very painful lol So probably wouldn't recommend it but apparently it can kick start labour. 

i hope we dont go 12 Days over Zoie lol xx 

• Options

Zoie that's brill really pleased for you! You can ha e a good weekend now hopefully stress free with ur slippers lol  

claire I hope it happens for you soon! That's a long time to go over isn't it! Hopefully when ur milk is coming through faster it will get easier for you! 

Shoona sorry people know it's not nice wen ur plans don't go to plan. i ignored most my texts etc as it stressed me out and replied wen I was good and ready after delivery and recovery. People will and shud understand u need to do what's best for you and that's to be stress free try not to let it get you down easier said than done I know x x

• Options

Just FWIW, I tried using my pump a few days before the birth planning to express colostrum, it hurt loads and got nothing, I stopped using it after only a couple of minutes.
    Then when she was 5 days old I found out someone I know had had a prem baby so was prompted to try again expressing, and got nearly 2oz in 10 minutes.
    Since day 7 or 8 I've pumped most days (every day bar 1 I think) and can get about 2oz in one go from one breast in about 10-15 minutes.
    If it hurts I either reduce the suction/speed or I re-position my nipple in the pump and then it's ok.

Claire, don't be put off, get in touch with a BFing support group before the birth so you have that support in place already and know who you can go to if you have any problems, and also know that the first 4 to 6 weeks are the absolute hardest, if you can get through that it suddenly gets a whole lot easier, promise!

• Options

Claire me ether lols. Hopefully it won't be long for you. I'm not engaged yet so know the baby isn't ready to come.

does anyone k ow if your allowed to use a spa bath? I've googled it and their is some really conflicting information. I will aviod but was just wondering as people say they have used if they have gone over. You just have to watch the temp.

Haha thanks K85m just going to chill with my slipper today while hubby is away to football. 

• Options

Oh god is Football starting again! That's my oh gone saturdays! I'm making the most of today and tonight while he's got day off we going to watch a band at a social club so can take the kids! My son is having a nap and hopefully et to feed Nellie before we go and I can have couple drinks n come home to bed! To be honest I've been that excited for us all to go out im shattered! Might just stay here n watch grease ha x

• Options

Hi girls, sorry I've been missing in action have had a bit of a nightmare with feeding so have been so preoccupied I've not been able to  much else. After what feels like weeks of being in absolute agony, Noah losing loads of weight then putting on a small amount of weight and then the disappointment of him losing half of what he regained again we seemed to have turned a corner...thankfully! Multi-mam compresses are the best think ever. Nipples have healed so quickly with them and the tongue tie looks like it's stretching itself out. I've gone from sobbing throughout a feed due to the pain and Noah having blood stained vomits due to my bleeding nipples to the walKing around IKEA yesterday comfortably feeding him. So glad i kept going at one point I just thought I can't do it this time but hopefully onwards and upwards!!

cant believe there's bn no more babies thought I'd come on and they'd all be here!!! 

• Options

Oh libragirl that sounds awful, well done for persevering though!!!

• Options

I am looking for what everyone took to the hospital for the baby please? I am just picking out a few outfits and just making sure I have enough bibs etc washed and packed. Also how many blankets did you take as I've been told take two a soft one and a cellular blanket.

thanks in advance