Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

we r almost just doing half a night each rather than turn and turn about as its less interrupted one of us do until around the 2am feed then the other takes over from the next time he wakes it seems to be working really well as its meaning we r both getting around 5 hours a night which is amazing odd wee nap thru the day to top up if we need to. How r u guys dealing with nights?  I have to say I'm less tired than I imagined but I'm sure bottle feeding has helped. X

• Options

Jellytots he is beautiful. Hope he has put on weight for you. Our wee one went from 8 pounds 12, to 8 pounds 6 and right back up to 9 pounds 2. 

Bottle feeding has helped us Fee. Me and my fiancé do almost the same as you. our baby is definitely a night owl though, and she doesnt like being put down unfortunately. he did all the feeds last night as I was exhausted and cried my eyes out before bed. He's so good thank god. 

I have so many stretch marks and now the csection scar that my tummy will never be back to what it was! Haven't weighed myself either as I don't want to think about it. 

• Options

You are killing us with these pictures! They are so amazing! 

• Options

I'm alone at night as breastfeeding and partner back at work today so didn't seem fair on him seeing as he cant help with feeds. He's really found this hard as Mia likes being close to me and she doesn't seem to spend long cuddling daddy before searching for his milk! I havent weighed myself yet but will do later tonight. Although I am relieved my feet and ankles aren't swollen anymore. I look down at them like woah were they this boney and veiny before?! 

anyone using a sling/carrier that you would recommend for newborn? X 

• Options

LeoJames that's a shame for your other half. Can't be helped though, they do say to still try and do skin to skin to help the bond between daddy and baby. I think my fiancé is going to struggle going back to work on Friday. 

We bought the close caboo, and we have a stretchy wrap but haven't used any yet. Hoping to try them out today so will let you know!

• Options

My hubby took one week off and takes off 5 Friday's for the rest of his paternity. It suckedthat second week but it's nice having him for a long weekend each time! 

I have an amawrap.  Its good. But I haven't used it really cos it was so hot I thought I'd cook the baby!

I've decided too stop pumping. I feel guilty :( but I'm so much happier not doing it. Im still Doin it 3 times a day but my supply is Def dropping already! I feel like I'm ovulating or something. Got a few dull pains that come and go on my right side. Surely that's early? Maybe it's something else. I'm only 3+4 pp today.

• Options

Aussiedea you must be very fertile! :) I am not sure what's going on with my system but all I just know is I still have some dull pain in my car section wound. I have lost 14kgs of the 16kg that I put on during pregnancy. My belly still looks like I am 5months pregnant though. Unfortunately I can't go to the gym until after 6weeks. I miss the gym so much. It's the longest I have been away.

Night feeds are so bad for me. Sometimes I even dose off while sitting breasting baby. Baby sleeps for like 3 hours from 7pm to 10pm and then there after he wakes up almost every 1 and a half hours. He likes to play at around 2am when sleep is killing me. He kickd and boxes in the air until he gets tired and starts crying. I hardly get to sleep during day time when baby sleeps because I have to clean and cook. Crazy but true. Sometime i just tell hubby I can't cook dinner and he should buy food for dinner. I just hope I will get used to this kind of life style.

• Options

Jackruss can't u express and let ur hubby take a turn? Sounds like a lot of pressure is on you to do most things and when u have just had a baby tht can't be easy. Sean is due bk to work on Sunday but is going to try and work something to take another week possibly 2 off as obviously with me being in hosp so long we kind of missed out on that first proper week together xx

• Options

I know how you feel jackrussel. Mia feeds hourly through night. Last night I was in tears I didn't know what to do - she cried pretty much for 5 hrs and was restless feeding, kept delatching and getting frustrated and hysterical at breast. Tried winding her and soothing as well as swapping breasts nothing really worked. She eventually slept/let me put her down at 4am! I feel exhausted and this morning she is doing hysterical cries again which she hasn't done before. Didn't really get to see my partner last night as he got home 8.30 then cooked then we were trying to settle Mia so while he tried I grabbed 30 mins nap. Health visitor coming today so I'll ask how I broke my baby 😔 Breastfeeding is hard! 

• Options

Jack and Leo you ladies are amazing for persisting! You should be so proud!!! 

Here is a little pic to brighten your day everyone! image

Also here' s s tip! Baby acne- put breast milk on it! Its clearing up paddys so good!!

• Options

Yeah well done jackrussel and Leo. You are managing so well. I think sometimes we expect so much of ourselves but don't give enough credit. 

Aw Aussie paddy is gorgeous! image

Heres Amalia playing peekaboo with her dad... She's so impressed 😂 

• Options

Thanks Aussie and hastie. It's so tough and when I called midwife for advice last night she just said how it can be normal at 2 week mark and not to give a bottle etc but it's hard when I think if she was bottle I could get more of a break. It's really hard isn't it the pressure we feel to make the right decisions for our beans. Thanks for the photos 😊 Gorgeous babies x

• Options

image🎉🎉🎉

• Options

Leo I cried for days because of the guilt of giving my little one formula. So silly. I'd never judge anyone for it so I don't know y I judge myself!

u do what's right for you. I'm so much happier pumping less and giving formula. Paddy is getting bigger and im getting more sleep- I'm so much more patient andd sane these days cos of it! 

Ohh my goodness these babies are just beautiful. So nice seeing the pics!!! 

• Options

Hi guys, just a little post to say hi to the ladies who are still expecting their babies, so a big wave to Bethan2, Lexy32, Lauralotsofhope, Lizabee, Tinkerbell181 and Perry83.

Please do update us - we'd love to know how you're doing (even if you feel like ranting!). 

• Options

Still here haha going in on Monday to have my waters broken if they haven't gone by then . So hopefully little lady will be here sometime monday. We also move into our new house a week tomorrow so next week is going to be so busy xxx

• Options

OMG Liz, you're going to have a few weeks of it! Hope you have some help packing up the old house, and unpacking the other side? 

• Options

Thinking of u liz. U must be so over being pregnant now!! Hope it happens sooner for you!!!

• Options

Hope it all goes well Liz X 

mia got weighed saturday she was 9.6 (exceeding birth weight) today she's 9.13!! Makes me feel like all this breastfeeding isn't a waste. Managed to get a couple of naps in too (interrupted by midwife and health visitor though). So glad I've got this group!! 

• Options

Hi ladies.

Thanks for the support. I decided to give Kieran some formula after breastfeeding and he seems more calm and alert. I am sure I will be in trouble with the at our 6 weeks visit with the pediatrician. I was thinking maybe I wasn't producing enough milk with all the stresses of life and less sleep every night. I will get a breast pump and start expressing to see how much I am producing.I just hope he starts sleeping longer at night so I can catch some sleep.

Leo maybe you could also express and see if you are brod using enough.

Liz and those others still waiting for their babies arrival I wish you all the best and I hope they will be here soon.

Lovely pics ladies

XXX