Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

August 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

Ordered my caboo carrier. Should be with me next week 😁 

• Options

Hello ladies. Sorry ive been so quiet. Had a nightmare with my section scar not healing. Had to have it cauterised in the end. Anyway lilah is 8weeks old today and has her jabs later. Shes 10lb 4oz now and getting more personality everyday. Shes cooing and. smiling daily now. Shes got reflux and colic quite bad and weve just changed her to a lactose free milk as health visitor thinks she intollerant. image

• Options

Sorry to hear that mojo but hopefully you're feeling better? she is gorgeous!! Where did you get her headband if you don't mind me asking? 

Hope her jabs go well. I'm dreading them! X

• Options

mojo2016 - we are so glad to hear from you! Your Lilah is looking fabulous - she's grown so much! Would you like to test out some anti-colic bottles for us? If so, drop us an email at contactus@madeformums.com and we'll go from there. 

• Options

Mojo shes gorgeous 8 weeks already its gone soo fast. Im sorry you've been having such  time of it how are you now?

I went to get max weighed today and he has put on 22ozs in the last 10days i knew he had been cluster feeding alot in the eve and early morning but i cant believe how much hes gained bless him lol he is already 9lbs 7ozs. Hes getting big far to quickly!

I hope those still awaiting babies are ok :-).

Sounds like your doing amazing jack russel i have done little to no housework since max arrived decided it could wait ive only cleaned up big messes and vaccumed downstairs will gdt my mum to come over next week and watch the kiddies for a couple of hours while i have a good scrub. Ive been struggling with lack of sleep too have been gettting a max of 4hours total between 9pm and getting up with my toddler at 8am because max was fussing and screaming and not settling after 3 last night i got an extra 2 and a half hours though as i managed to get him to settle after the 3an feed and i feel a million dollars for it. Things will get better :-) they are growing and gaining weight so quickly in these first few weeks it is so hard for us all. Im alone with all the night feeds even though im bottle feeding now as hubby gets up for work at 6 so he needs his sleep. Hang in there your doing a fab job and he is gorgeous :-).

• Options

Leojames my sister got it from holiday hun. Jellytots im getting there slowly hun.. im lucky in the sense that lilah sleeps 11pm til 4pm most nights and has since she came home. Just hoping the lactose free milk helps settle her tummy. She had her jabs this afternoon and was heartbreaking to see her scream like that. How are all you mummys getting on

• Options

Only the weekend to get through now then Iam going into hospital to have my waters broke. The nerves are starting to set in now but I will be glad when the baby is here. So my plans for the weekend are. Staying in my pajamas all weekend and watching rubbish on television 😄😄😄 xxx

• Options

image hey girls; Esmae is 3 weeks old today! We're still exclusively breastfeeding just using the Shields, we tried without them but she shredded my nipples. She has her tongue tie being snipped end of this month so I'm just trying to persevere until then. It's so hard though with cluster feeding and trying to look after all 3 kids. Hoping it'll get easier next week when there back at school and nursery! 

• Options

Good luck Lizabee! Maybe things will kick off this weekend for you. If not enjoy your lazy weekend in front of the telly. and get plenty of sleep!

aw mojo she's beautiful. Lucky you getting sleep from 11 until 8. Amalia is over 2 weeks old now and is waking a lot through the night. She seems to fall asleep and never make it to the bottom of a bottle so is awake soon after.

mummatoo I don't know how you do it with 3. I get nothing done with one haha 

Got my gift for posting my birth story today! The washcloths look lovely and so soft. Thank you DanielleMFM! will post a picture of us using them at her next bath. 

• Options

imageAny other babies got rashes like this? It came up yesterday and there are other spots on her chest. Also noticed one of her nipples is quite firm. I've put breast milk on the rash yesterday and today but when she feeds and cries it flares up. 

• Options

Hey everyone. All babies are so gorgeous! 

Mojo- Reuben has reflux too. Every feed he brings up milk and a few times a day he has tummy ache. We've used infacol which seems to work most of the time. What have u tried?

Aussiedea- your post about the explosive poo really made me laugh! I've been caught out a few times! Reuben does the groaning thing that your talking about too. Almost like he's straining or stretching in his sleep? He's really noisy!

Leo James- someone bought me a daisygro sling which is amazing! You can get them off ebay or Facebook. Only £20 I think? Really comfy. Did you end up trying a bottle? I have now got a pump but am worried about the whole bottle/nipple confusion thing. 

Fee!....... congratulations on the birth of Charlie! He is so beautiful! I'm so sorry about the experience you had, I hope your feeling better now? 

Great news about Matilda miss foy! It must be such a relief 

Will be thinking about u tomorrow lizabee xx

...and everyone else that are still waiting for babies to arrive 

Well, time is flying, Reuben is nearly 5 weeks old now and getting so big! Bf is still going well, hard work and still feeding every 2-3 hours but it's getting easier. The trouble I have is that he finds it hard to settle in the day for a sleep as he just wants to suck on my nipples for comfort. Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried a dummy but he just spits it out! He will quite happily fall asleep on hubby (prob because he doesn't smell of milk!) But now he has gone back to work. 

Other than that still really enjoying my little man. Can't wait for some smiles now, he's more and more alert every day 

• Options

Leo my paddy had it badly.i put boob milk on it for a week and it's almost gone!

• Options

Thanks Aussie. Will keep applying breast milk. I haven't given any bottle or formula- trying to keep going with bf as her weight gain has been so good. Gospel, he is so gorgeous! Those photos are so lovely. Thanks for the tip on the sling, I will look into that. Hope everyone is ok x

• Options

Yeh I tried the breast milk after you suggested it Aussiedea, and it seems to be working x

• Options

I also put the lansinoh nipple cream on his dry skin and it works a treat! X

• Options

Hello all, been a bit busy since William Oliver was born on 30th weighing 7lb11. Will post birth details in the birth story thread when I can find it again! But all went pretty well and the smooth ending made up for a long slow start.

Yesterday he had his weigh in and lost a little bit as expected with breastfed babies... But they were happy with him. It is pretty hard work! Going to try to start expressing soon so hubby can do a night feed. Anyone know when best time to express is?

here are some pics 

• Options

Hiya lexy32, we're so glad to hear of the safe arrival of William - he's just perfect! 

If you wanted to post your birth story, and for anyone else that would like to, please do so on THIS THREAD. 

How's everyone else doing today? 

• Options

Congrats Lexy :) William Oliver is beautiful. 

Fiance's first day back at work today, was a bit teary last night and this morning but so far everything is going smoothly. I've even managed a shower and brekkie (Thanks to the fisher price baby swing 😍) Hope everyone is doing okay 

• Options

Awww congratulations lexy! William is gorgeous! And same weight as my little one! 

Reuben is 5 weeks old today and I've just started expressing over the weekend to give hubby a chance to feed him at night. I was told the best time is after the first feed in the morning. (I'm just about to do it now at 11am) Then the same the next day. Too much expressing will make your body make too much milk, so just start off slow I think is the best way. 

Hastiek, I absolutely cried my eyes out when hubby went back to work last week! Think I had got so used to him being here for nearly 5 weeks! Plus it's sad that the really special newborn time is over and it's back to normal life with a plus one! I'm used to it now though

Good luck lizabee! X

• Options

Thanks gospel, that sounds sensible about expressing. How lovely that your other half was around for 5 weeks! Mine is going back a week today when William will be just two weeks and I have no idea how I'll cope! He can work one day a week from home though. 

Hope everyone doing well today. It's nappy time here! Xx