Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

August 16 Babies

Replies

• Hi guys, please don't forget, if any of you are bottle feeding and suffering the dreaded colic, please just PM me if you'd like to test some anti-colic bottles for us. 

• Miles is now pretty clockwork with feeds and we can't break it 🙈 He's every 1-2 hours through the day (BF), at 7:30/ 8 daddy baths him then he has a bottle of formula, he normally drinks 4-5oz, that thankfully zonks him out from 9:30/10 - 1/2am then he has a 20min feed from me, back in his crib till 4/5am or another 20 min feed then the next 2 feeds are 2 hours later. He's like an actual clock after deciding whether it's 1 or 2am. I can't wait for him to cut to one night feed, come on son!! At first he was doing 1-2 hours through the night it was awful and some would be cluster feeds. Xx

• I use an electric pump to express at any point he has a bottle and I freeze a load or refrigeratme it for in the week if I'd rather give him a bottle of breast milI the pumps a god send if the feeds change and you end up engorged. Takes the edge off 

• Emmarose what did you do to move him away from the 1/2 hours of night?  I would give anything to move him away from that.

I too use an electric pump. Hopefully I will get used to it and can express more.

• Sounds like we're quite lucky with nights - William is 4 weeks now and does a long feed at 7ish then sleeps from around 8.15pm until 12.30 or 01.00. Then he feeds and sleeps a 3hr stretch until 04.30ish and we usually wake him around 8am for morning feed if he isn't awake. He fell into this pattern himself as from week 2 he was doing roughly 8/12/4/8 feeds.

BUT... the days are a different matter! He really doesn't like daytime napping and if I do manage to settle him it takes 30mins of rocking and he only stays asleep 25mins. Can usually get him to sleep in sling or sometimes car seat but it's not always possible and sometimes he gets really overtired. We've had days when he's slept less than 2hrs between 8am and 8pm! It makes it very hard work. I guess that's the price to pay for the decent nights 😬 Xx

• Hi everyone,

There are two new threads today we'd love to have your thoughts on.

The first is from a lovely member on the forum who's about to embark on weaning, but she's worried as her little girl has an allergy to cow's milk. Please find her thread here, we're sure any advice would be appreciated. 

The second thread is about swearing in front of your kids - find it here! 

Thank you! 

• Levy, Amalia doesn't sleep much through the day either. just proves every wee one is different doesn't it. Do you find it difficult to get stuff done?

emmarose, thats some feeding pattern. I couldn't tell you when Amalia feeds haha. she doesn't believe in any kind of schedule. 

She had her 6 week check and all looks  good. have you all had your postnatal check? The doctor asked about my labour/emcs in mine today, it brought everything back and I got a bit upset. It surprised me as I thought i felt a bit better about it. 

• Lexy, not levy sorry! 

Xx

• Jack Russell, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Little Kieran is gorgeous.

Sounds like we all have different patterns going on. Reuben is awake a lot of the day too, he will sometimes have a long sleep for 1-2 hours but not everyday. Normally just quick cat naps. His feeds have no pattern at all in the day.

Then from 7pm he is like clockwork. He has a small feed, goes to sleep in his crib and will wake every 3 hours for a feed. Then from 5am he feeds every hour until 9am. He literally does the same thing every day! 

I express once a day, and daddy gives him the bottle at about midnight to give me a break. Although it's never normally a break because I wake up anyway and then I have to sleep on a towel because I've missed a feed and my boobs are full to the brim! Lol. 

• Sorry ladies but I think I'm the luckiest! My boy is 8 1/2 weeks now and he has 5 hrs ish asleep during the day and he goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 he has a feed at 11-12 then sleeps till 4 Has another feed and sleeps till 8ish. He loves his sleep!

• Kimi is sounds like we have the same baby! My boy is very much the same :)

paddy hardly takes any milk at night now. It's like he can't be bothered haha.im hoping this means he is going to sleep through soon!

im so sorry for your loss jackrussle. My thoughts are with you xxx

• Kimi your night schedule sounds exactly like ours - we're doing first feed now and he's been asleep since 8.15. The other night we tried an expressed feed but after 120ml (4oz) from bottle he still demanded boob before he'd sleep. Don't think he needed it though as he then slept 7hrs straight from 8.15pm until 3.15! Tempting to keep over feeding him!!

Gospel I know what you mean about the full boobs! How much expressed milk do you give Reuben?

Hastiek good to hear he's not the only wakeful baby in the day. Yes it's very hard to get anything done! Yesterday used the sling and he slept a lot more in that but would be good if he could do the same in his Moses basket.... Xx

• Esmae is a pretty great sleeper day and night.  She'll have a feed at 8/9 go sleep until 1.30 ish then wake in the morning at 6 for a feed then back to sleep until half 7 then by that time I've got the older 3 girls breakfast and sorted for school. 

She naps 2/3 hours in day 2 times

She's like clockwork too x

She's breastfed. She's now 58cm and wei10lb 11lb 1 at 7 weeks x 

• imageimageimageimageimage here's my beauty xx 

• Morning ladies! So... I've been reluctant to post our night time schedule just in case it's too good to be true! But.... My Matilda is 8.5 weeks and all week has been going to sleep around 8-9 and waking at 5.30! She will then drink a full bottle and go back down until around 8. She also has 30min- 1hour naps during the day but these are not regular, just when she gets tired out from her playmat or me singing/reading to her. I'm so so so lucky!

along with the hole in her heart, she also has a "floppy larynx" which makes her breathing horrendous. With her sleeping so long, I'm terrified she will have an episode in her sleep where she stops breathing. Sometimes she can stop for up to 30 seconds and then gasp for air - it's horrendous. She's also having major trouble with wind but the gassy kind - it's so much effort for her which makes feeding time quite difficult sometimes. 

Can you all believe a matter of weeks ago that we were complaining about aches and pains and these little miracles weren't here yet?!

imageimageimage

• Sooooo jealous of that sleep routine 😩 I'm a mama zombie lol xx

• Oh believe me, I still am too! I stare at her most of the night haha... I think I got about 3 hours last night! It'll happen soon for you emmarose!!! X

• Poor emmarose... I am a stressed mummy in the day but nights still good. We managed to get William to sleep with 130ml expressed milk 🍼 and NO BOOB (!) last night - though it took over an hot of settling and rocking. He then slept 9 till 3.30, fed then and woke at 7.30. This proves the case that I can have an evening out at some point soon if I carry on expressing. He'll be 5 weeks on Tuesday so maybe by 6 weeks I'll have earnt a few hours out! 

This morning we have managed to get him down in Moses basket amazingly. Wonder how long it will last. Record for the week is 30mins. He'll probably behave better today as daddy is home 😡

Lovely pics of esmae!

• I meant an 'hour' of rocking and settling!!

• Wow! These babies are amazing! Lol. I thought I had it good with 3 hour gaps! 

Lexy, Reuben has a 4oz bottle. He doesn't have any boob after, just goes straight to sleep. But I don't get any longer before the next feed. Still 3 hours

Reuben had his 8 week immunisations yesterday. Last night he cried in so much pain (must have been his legs where he hadid the needles) poor little thing. I ended up just sitting there crying my eyes out with him! Hate seeing him like that. He seems better this morning though.