Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 16 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Thank you Rustic. Just looking at his pics he's getting so big now its all going too quick!! X 

• Gorgeous boys on here!!! 

Least my belly has come in use for something ha ha 

• Wow her hair is stunning! Doesn't look like she has lost any of it?

• No rustic she hasn't! I do find a couple of hairs on her pillow sometimes but nothing major! My son didn't though I remember cutting his hair when he was her age round his ears but I've left hers being a girl ha. It's starting to part now and when it's wet it's a good inch down the back of her neck x

• Hey girls is it normal for babies to have a small

hole between the valves of their heart , iv just came back from a cardiac paediatric appointment and my son has been diagnosed with one causing an innocent murmur and nothing needs done except to be seen again when he's 2

• Thank u flossy. Toobeautiful I've not heard it sorry to hear that! U must b worried but if they it's ok try and trust it....easier said than done I know sorry x

• Nellie is gorgeous k85m shes going to have amazing hair! 

aww toobeautiful that must be a worry for u :( how comes they sent bubba for a scan in the first place X 

• Hi guys, please don't forget, if any of you are bottle feeding and suffering the dreaded colic, please just PM me if you'd like to test some anti-colic bottles for us. 

• They just done a scan becsuse they heard an innocent murmur xx

• Too beautiful I can imagine that's quite scary and upsetting for you. I don't know your sons specific details but I have a heart murmur, it would have been there from birth but was only picked up with I was in hospital for a knee op at age 19.  It has never affected me at all. I had to have a scan of my heart when pregnant to check it was coping with the extra pressure and it was fine. So try not to worry too much, sounds like they will keep an eye on it for you and i am sure he will be fine too.

• Hi everyone,

There are two new threads today we'd love to have your thoughts on.

The first is from a lovely member on the forum who's about to embark on weaning, but she's worried as her little girl has an allergy to cow's milk. Please find her thread here, we're sure any advice would be appreciated. 

The second thread is about swearing in front of your kids - find it here! 

Thank you! 

• How windy is it today! Well is here anyway. Oh has had today off so I've managed to get lots of jobs done! Lost 4lbs at fat club so chuffed. Goin out tomorrow and I drink cider so prob end up putting it bk on. Jobs done me and my little ladybird have come for a snooze she takes up so much room ha ha 

• Yup super windy today k85m!

i love that ladybird Sleepsuits! Is it from next? At the omens there's so many lovely girl clothes but barely anything for boys!

Well done on 4lb loss that's a great start! I think I'm going to gain this week, just have a feeling!

• Too beautiful my nephew has something similar and he's almost 1, u would never know he has a heart probkem! Hes very active and such a happy boy! Hope that helps a little too! 

xxx

• Love the ladybug  and a 4lb loss is fab! well done and keep up the good work :)

claire, how are things at home?

toobeautiful, I don't know much about heart conditions. My brother has murmour which was only detected during his army training... he's been in the army coming up to 6 years and he's ok so fingers crossed it will be something you don't have to worry about xx

• Thanks ladies! Yeah it's from next its been in her draw and found it out today having to change her couple times a day she's doin that much dribbling ha best get the bibs out. Hope all babies are ok! x 

• Hi Ladies, sorry i haven't been on here that much. The last few week i have been really struggling. I found out yesterday Grace has colic. I knew of it but didn't know what it was but health visitor told me yesterday at Graces 6 weeks checks that why she won't stop crying. I really thought it was my fault and my husband thought it was me just not able to cope. i know its awful but i am really happy its not me as i really thought Grace hated me as i couldn't calm her down or comfort her. I would call my husband crying for help and we both would end up arguing as he can't leave work all the time to help me. We are now giving her medicine and trying different things like sitting up for 20 minutes after a feed but i can't seem to shift this feeling of being a bad mum. When Grace cry i can still feel my self welling up and hoping it won't last long because i can't cope. I don't know what to do. Have any of you had experience of colic? Grace will sleep one day and not the next same with night time so between the lack of sleep and no support i am really struggling. My husband has apologised now we know its not me, it's colic but what he's done and said has affected how i feel as a mum to Grace. Anyone experience colic with their babies?

too beautiful hope your wee boy is okay 

• Hiya things have been going much better with him thanks for asking but now I feel horrible because I moan expecting him not to do what Ive asked or help and he's just doing it so then I think OMG I'm so horrible I just basically forced and guilt tripped him into doing something. I've got a stye on each eye and I feel like I'm losing my mind so probably for the best I'm making him help.

Oh Zoie you poor thing you're not a bad mum at all it's not your fault that she's got colic I can see how some mums can blame themselves (we pretty much blame ourselves for absolutely everything anyway) but you're doing the best you can as well as being sleep deprived :( it's really scary and traumatic when they are crying like that, my LB had it only a couple of times and I literally had no idea what to do I was freaking out so god knows how mums cope. I'm glad your hubby has apologised he was probably just as stressed but still no excuse to be horrible to you. do u have family nearby who can help you? Sometimes just giving the baby to someone else can help to calm them down a bit. xx